5.0 out of 5 stars very good album, 9 Sep 2008
This review is from: Perfect Timing... Plus (Audio CD)
This is a beautiful album with some really well written songs. I found Kiki Dee always difficult because I like her voice so much but most of her albums don't deliver for me. Particularly her early stuff is too much someone else without a real identity. Pefrfect Timing is, as opposed to her albums before, pure pop. There is a duet with Elton John (beautiful!), very good studio musicians and great songs like Another Break, Perfect Timing and Midnight Flyer (to this day I'm not sure whether she is poking fun at Nigel or if he's supposed to be cool). A lot of very good craftmanship went into this album. The album is the perfect showcase for Kiki's amazing voice. Unfortunately, it more or less flopped at the time, unjustly so.

4.0 out of 5 stars not bad at all, 12 Jun 2008
R. Storer "beachcomber" (blackpool. england) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Perfect Timing... Plus (Audio CD)
I have always found Kiki Dee a bit hit and miss, I always want to like her music, but dont always. This is a fine example of her good stuff, a bit of a mix of styles here. I had the vinyl so pleased to be able to get it now on cd, Perfect Timing is one of my favourite tracks of any artist

5.0 out of 5 stars One of Kiki's best albums and an underated 80s classic, 4 Oct 2008
Mr. N. J. Partridge "Musicisme" (Cardiff, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Perfect Timing... Plus (Audio CD)
I've had this album on cassette and vinyl and it's just fantastic to now have it ok CD. I've always been a big Kiki Dee fan going back to the days of moureuse and Loving and Free, such a great voice and such an sadly overlooked talent. This album has beautiful produciton with some truly stunning songs and Kiki is on top form throughout. I have no idea why the album flopped on release, it deserved far better. With hits like Star and 'turntable' hits such as Perfect Timing and Midnight Flyer, this really should have been a massive 80s album. So good to see it getting the remastering treatment and a real treat to hear it again on CD. Oh and Midnight Flyer, I'm sure it's not having a 'pop' at Nigel's, I'm a Nigel and I took the track as a great compliment!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Cd ---Great Price, 25 Aug 2008
This review is from: Perfect Timing... Plus (Audio CD)
Star is the best that Kiki sang,but I brought the vinyl now cd for one reason ,the track titled MIDNIGHT FLYER...then again I used to live near the writer of the song...Well done Doreen...

5.0 out of 5 stars At long last!, 11 July 2008
txacoli (West Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Perfect Timing... Plus (Audio CD)
I always loved the song "Perfect timing" and the five stars I've given this CD album is for that track alone. That said, I like this album and had it on vinyl, until the CD version came along. When Kiki makes a good album, she really makes a good album. Her version of "Loving you...." is wonderful and evokes thoughts of nights in front of a roaring log fire with the one you love. Beautiful.

Perfect Timing... Plus
Perfect Timing... Plus by Kiki Dee (Audio CD - 2008)