1.0 out of 5 stars TERRIBLE, DO NOT BUY FROM THIS SELLER!, 14 Feb. 2009
J. Duffy (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sony DVPNS39 Slim Entry DVD Player - Black (Electronics)
I bought a black slim line sony dvd player from this seller. Delivery was fine, within a few days. However, when i went to play a dvd, it would not load correctly. I tried it with several discs. I contacted the seller to discuss a refund and sent the item back, but i have not had any reply back and i have not recieved a refund.
I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS SELLER TO ANYONE!

1.0 out of 5 stars WARNING! This is not a multi-region player!, 14 Nov. 2008
This review is from: Sony DVPNS39 Slim Entry DVD Player - Black (Electronics)
I was looking for a reasonably priced dvd player that would player my gathering collection of Region 1 dvd's and stumbled across this player advertised as multi-region. I read the review of Jm Leven and had doubts at first as to whether to purchase this item. So I took a chance hoping that the last reviewers dvd player had a problem and purchased this player. I received the player today and installed it (even though it said on the back of the player that it was Region 2), placed a Region 1 disc in the player and low and behold...the screen came up with a message along the lines of 'the playing of this disc is prohibited'.
So for anyone who is thinking of buying this so-called 'multi-region' dvd player...DON'T!!! THIS IS A REGION 2 ONLY PLAYER!!! If you want a good looking, reasonably priced region 2 player, then buy this...BUT NOT IF YOU WANT A MULTI-REGION PLAYER!!! Very dissapointing!!! I'm now returning this item!!!