5.0 out of 5 stars Civ-tastic
Having played all of the previous Civ games on PC, I looked forward to trying it out on the big screen and console. I have not been disappointed!

Here's my nutshell review, so you can see if this is a buy, wait or rent for you...

Pros:
- easy to play
- lowest levels complete in a few hours, most difficult probably provide about 20 hours of...
Published on 14 Aug 2008 by Sisemen

3.0 out of 5 stars Civ Rev is an odd game. Odd but good, try before you buy.
First go: Rubbish.
Second go: Great fun.
Third go onwards: odd.

Civ Rev is certainly good, but it will appeal more and last any longer to achievement hunters and people who like this type of RTS style game.

The gameplay at the start of each game is quick, simple, fun and fairly easy (obviously depending on what difficulty you play at)...
Published on 15 April 2011 by James

‹ Previous | 14 5 6 7 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Game..., 3 Jun 2013
This review is from: Sid Meier's Civilization: Revolution (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
I'm a big fun of the Civilization series from the PC era... I really believe that this is very good adaptation for the Xbox console, and a rare sample of the strategy - turn based games that I like so much playing from my sofa !!!

4.0 out of 5 stars games, 11 April 2013
this was for my nephew and as far as i know he enjoys playing on this game so i take it it is good

5.0 out of 5 stars Great game for friends and families, 23 Feb 2013
This is a very competitive game and it is also very addictive. Great to play on your own or online

5.0 out of 5 stars civilization, 30 Nov 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
game is good came very quick thanks all the imformation given was correct would buy stuff from them again thanks again

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun, relaxing, informative and creative, 28 April 2009
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Very pleasing game to play. Well thought out and full of historical information. Intuitive and speedy control system. Overall very rewarding.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb game, 27 April 2009
G. Humphrey - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Played this game over the weekend and really enjoyed it.I would really recommend it at this price and looks great on xbox 360.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent as usual, 20 April 2009
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I had Civnet as a bundle with my 1st pc many years ago and I was hooked..... I have been playing it ever since on the pc and was delighted to see it come on the 360.
It's easy to play with excellent graphics..... yes it supose it does get repetative after a while but that doesnt bother me.
theres plenty of senarios to play each time with a different terraine plus theres downloadable content on this one via xbox live, some new free senarios and some new artifacts/wonders for a fee of points.
all in all thought an addictive game...

4.0 out of 5 stars Sid Meiers civilization, 2 Mar 2009
A. Cooling (Bracknell, Berkshire UK) - See all my reviews
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
Very good game. If you like age of empires or command and conquer this game is for you.

4.0 out of 5 stars Don't be put ff by the poor reviews, 26 Jan 2009
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I played the downloadable demo at first and I think that many people here have reviewed the demo and not the game... I just wanted to make a couple of points:

1. The xBox 360 version is not as complex as the PC game - for me that is a godsend, as whilst I enjoyed the PC game I found it over complex and too time consuming. I actually want a game where I can put a couple of hours in of an evening and still feel like I am making progress..

2. The came can be quite easy and can be completed in 4hours, especially if you were a Civ PC game player in the past and hence already have good game strategies. But then you just need to rachet up the difficulty a notch or two and it becomes much more unforgiving. For the beginner, those easier difficulty settings are a great introduction!

& I've not even tried the online play yet!

The only downside I can see so far is that it's true you don't have the same abilities to tailor the game to your preferences - map size, which tech to make available, landscape - but I can forgive that (& hope for an update)

All in all - I love this game, I haven't been this addicted to my console for a long time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun, Addictive, Brilliant., 25 Jan 2009
A. COLEMAN "Loxley" (London) - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
My first thoughts on this game when I saw it in a games shop, I didnt really go much on it, come christmas 2008 my parents bought it for me, so I thought I would give it ago. It was hard a first what with learning the controls and knowing what to do but the cartoon tutorial guy was very helpful, and so I played on for about half an hour to an hour and I just couldn't take myself off it, even now I cant take myself of it, my mate had the same problem when I lent it to him for a while and his thoughts were the same as mine before he played it.
This game is truly addictive, fun, brilliant and enjoyable.
I highly reccomend anyone to buy it.

‹ Previous | 14 5 6 7 | Next ›

Sid Meier's Civilization: Revolution (Xbox 360)
Sid Meier's Civilization: Revolution (Xbox 360) by Take 2 Interactive (Xbox 360)
17.99