on 30 April 2014
I wanted to add a Time Capsule to my wireless network for automatic backups and add wireless printing to the network. However, the D-Link has a router hence there is a potential addressing conflict between the wireless router and the D-Link. Avoiding this conflict simply involves disabling the D-Link's router capability by configuring it as a bridge and giving the Time Capsule the your ISP's network sign in details. But note that it seems that the D-Link does not retain until setting changes until it is rebooted. This just involves selecting the reboot option on the set-up page.

The D-link has performed without any problems. I would have given it 5-stars but for the Help Line which took ages to understand what I was doing and took me through pages of standard set-up procedures (these were pretty good) before taking on board that the D-Link lost its setting was switched off and mentioning the rester.
on 9 March 2016
Usually leads that come with telephony products are way too long but the RJ45 lead with this is quite short - too short for where I needed to position the unit in relation to my phone socket. Not a massive issue in itself but the unit is so light that even just the weight of the lead causes it to fall over. It only stands in the vertical plane - it is not designed to lie flat - which causes it to easily fall. I bought it because I was changing from a modem router combi to an apple airport extreme which does not have a built-in modem. Expensive for what it is - very simple and old technology but there seems to be very few modem only products available these days, and none at all in the shops on the highstreet. Lay-flat or grippy / weighted base would improve this product no end.
on 4 July 2015
A major warning should be included with this item, as noted in the review by DC the version shipped on the router has a very serious security flaw. A firmware patch is available but is not downloadable from the Dlink website. They will send you the update needed if you email or phone support but this takes time. I found the patch on an unofficial Italian Dlink user forum. You need v1.07 for the DSL-320B RevZ1. The Z1 is very important as there are other models with similar product codes.

Once patched this is a good little modem, ideal for bridging or as a simple network connection to the outside world. Not overloaded with configurability or functionality but simple to set up and reliable.
on 9 May 2016
Having finally decided to upgrade from my ISP-provided router to something more advanced (NETGEAR R7000-100UKS Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band Wireless Gigabit Cable Router, 1 x USB 2.0, 1 x USB 3.0, Implicit and Explicit Beamforming/Upstream and Downstream QoS) I wanted to operate a separate modem and router and chose this based on features, cost and manufacturer.

I received hardware version Z1 running firmware 1.05. As a lot of other reviewers have made very clear, this is an issue, but it takes <5 minutes to download the latest firmware [...] and flash the modem.

The 320B immediately picked up my DSL after easily selecting from the hundreds of pre-loaded ISP settings (if you're on BT your credentials are - user: bthomehub@btbroadband.com p/w: BT)

You can manage your modem and router simultaneously and independently of each other through a browser (contrary to other reviews here). You can put the modem into "bridge" mode which I haven't experimented with yet, which essentially makes the modem invisible on your network once configured and connected.

A few key features for me:
Remote Management
QoS
DNS and Dynamic DNS
VLAN
Good, explanatory help for each setting.
DSL filter included

The only downside is that it can't be wall-mounted, which I knew when ordering. Aside from that, it's a great bit of kit at a real bargain price and has been stable for since first plugged in.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 21 May 2015
Easy to set up BUT like other reviews I found that the DNS settings had been hacked.
This had been done despite changing the admin password, setting the firewall etc.
on 29 October 2014
It works as it should and is easy to configure using the wizard utility. Simply set an access password, enter your country, ISP username & password. That's it! it tells you, and you are tempted to connect up and leave alone.
However... My one has its firewall *off* and remote access enabled by default! You will only discover this by checking under the 'advanced' tab. Most consumers don't expect to have to do this if a wizard is supposed to set it up for you!
This is a shocking state of affairs, and it was 24 hrs in operation before I realised this myself. Basically it set up with my internet connection open wide to the world and it left me to discover this, to have to manually enable the firewall and disable remote management.
If you have one of these routers, best to check this out.
Or, Google for 'Gibson Reseach - Shields Up' and run that utility to check for open ports. If any are open, you have a problem...
So as security comes before performance, and the wizard tricks you into thinking you are done without checking the firewall status... 2 stars.
Would be 4 stars if the firewall was on by default.
This is just mine though, maybe other software versions are different?
on 26 May 2015
Great little unit. Excellent description on dlink site to set it into bridge mode. (http://www.dlink.com/uk/en/support/faq/modems/dsl-modems/dsl_320b/how-to-setup-dsl-320b-revision-z1-in-bridge-mode). It's now hooked up to a linksys wrt54g2v1 using dd-wrt. Working perfectly!
on 27 February 2012
I have used this modem for a number of years as I have not needed a wireless router and it has given nothing but excellent service. Unfortunatley having now bought a Kindle I need the router to use this item fully.
But I rate it an excellent product
on 10 September 2015
I used this as an ADSL modem to sit between my wall socket and my Cisco Meraki router. It lasted 3 days before I took it out and replaced it. It doesn't support dynamic IP. It wouldn't facilitate port forwarding. It was difficult to setup. Once up and running I couldn't access the management interface. I replaced it with a TP-LINK TD-8817 which supported all of these features. The D-Link does not support remote login to the management console and so you have to unplug your router and plug a computer directly into the ethernet port of the modem in order to edit the configuration - no thanks!!! The TP-LINK was also easier to set up (although still not user friendly) than the D-Link.
on 22 March 2013
I bought this modem in anticipation of buying a new D-Link router, as I understood it was necessary for the router to work properly. Whilst waiting for delivery of the router, I connected up the modem, which gave me the Internet to one computer via an Ethernet cable. It would not work, however, with my old D-Link router, I found after contacting the manufacturer. On receipt of the new router, a D-Link DIR 645, it was not obvious how to link the modem with it, and it took a quite lengthy phone call with D-Link to establish how to make the connection. It also involved re-booting the router more than once which is a fairly lengthy manual process. Now that all the equipment is connected, I am happy with the performance of the Modem and Router.