5.0 out of 5 stars Truly impressed.
Published on 15 July 2010

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless, display was all over the place and was ...
Useless, display was all over the place and was unusable during gig. Changed battery , no joy. Sent it back.
Published 1 month ago by m abbott

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly impressed., 15 July 2010
A Kid's Review
This review is from: Korg PITCHBLACK Chromatic Guitar and Bass Pedal Tuner - Black (Electronics)
I have used a few KORG products in my years of playing music and I have found all their products to be of top quality. The KORG Pitch Black guitar tuner pedal is of no exception! This is a truly remarkable tuner pedal, simple to use, looks lovely and is extremely accurate. It is a solid built pedal and the display is nice and clear. The LED's look great and as you tune up and down they brighten and dim as you get closer to your desired note. It is excellent for using for live shows and it bypasses the sound so the audience cannot hear you tuning.

I have used a couple of other tuner pedals including the one built into the BOSS GT6 and a BOSS chromatic tuner pedal and I must say I personally prefer the KORG Pitch Black, and the fact it is considerably cheaper makes the Pitch Black stand out even more. Fab pedal, I'm really happy with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 17 Mar 2012
I was looking for a robust and accurate tuner that wouldn't break the bank and be suitable for both stage and home use.

I read reviews of several makes. The best ones were often pretty pricey and the cheap ones all seemed to have major drawbacks. This one fitted neatly in the middle. Reasonable cost and pretty positive reviews, so I spent my money.

No regrets. This tuner is very simple to use and easy to read in almost any lighting conditions and the accuracy seems spot on. I only use the default setting although it has a few metering modes and the ability to tweak the pitch. For normal guitar use, though, default is all you'll need.

The casing seems rugged and durable although I guess only time will tell. Right now I'm happy I made a good choice.

5.0 out of 5 stars In tune - at last!, 28 April 2011
Mark Beasley - See all my reviews
A great product, which does what it says on the tin. Now I can check my tuning quickly,easily and above all discreetly (i.e. silently) and without anyone else hearing. No more unplugging and plugging into a portable tuner. It also seems robust and is simple to use. A yesterday's rehearsal, I was in tune all evening - a first!! How on earth did I manage without it all those years? Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars bright!, 1 Oct 2009
Mr. Michael P. Cairns "Pete" (Portsmouth) - See all my reviews
just got this, and its a nice, robust little dude. the display is fantastically bright, and its EXTREMELY simple - no special features except different display modes (all pretty useless apart from the default one) and a calibration feature (cant imagine i'll ever use this). if you arent interested in the flashy things the boss TU-2 can do, this is a safe bet i recon. obviously time will tell how hardwearing it is, but it seems pretty sturdy to me!

5.0 out of 5 stars A BRILLIANT TUNER, 10 Sep 2009
At Last, a BRILLIANT tuner. One you can see clearly. One that is robust for road/gig abuse. One that doesn't flutter of need a tap to make it work. Best of all, it won't colour your sound and it has a strobe capability, enabling micro tuning for when setting up the intonation of a instrument. The other manufacturers should follow this simple rule - KISS - Keep It Simple, Stupid!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good, 9 Sep 2013
Overall I like this product.
Found it accurate and stable when tuning, easy to read on stage.
There a four different settings, I prefer the default setting ie the one you get when you first turn it on.
Only thing I don't like, is that there is a clunk though speakers when switching it on, my set up is quite noisy anyway, so generally have to switch amp onto standby to eliminate clunk. Luckily both my basses are good at staying in tune, so only have to tune up before each set, if I was prone to tuning problems the clunk would be an issue.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great little tuner, 8 Aug 2013
I have owned many tuners over the years but this one is by far my favourite. Easy to use under stage conditions, accurate, stylish, big friendly display, with a small footprint... Great value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars easy accuracy, 9 May 2010
Philip Fogle (London United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I love this tuner - it's light, easy to use, accurate. The LED's give great visibility, and the choice of displays gives useful alternatives - I particularly like, and use, the simulated strobe display. It has true bypass, so you can leave it in the chain without worries. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 11 July 2014
Best Tuner I Ever Used and i will continue to use it

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless, display was all over the place and was ..., 8 July 2014

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›