Top critical review
One person found this helpful
Good mouse but beware the shiny sticky finish
on 2 February 2012
My favourite mouse is a Logitech G5 mouse that I have owned for several years. I love the shape of the G5 and since the MX518 has an almost identical shape I thought I would buy one for use at work to replace my Dell optical mouse. I was not worried about the lack of configurable weight balance or selectable DPI settings etc. since the mouse would not be used for gaming. Unfortunately, it turned out the MX518 was not to my liking and had to go back.
* The shape (I am right handed)
* Button placement and action
* Scroll wheel action is good and wheel click is fine
* No problems with tracking on my favourite func archetype mouse pad.
* The main problem is the finish of the mouse body which is in a shiny plastic. I found my hand sticking to it even when not sweaty. This was so annoying that I found the mouse impossible to use.
* Did not seem to like my ancient Dell laptop (although it worked with everything else)
Based on the sticky mouse body problem and instability with my old Dell I swapped the MX518 for a G400 which I like a lot better.