Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now

on 11 January 2006
Has improved my gaming immensly but the strange crumpled design along the top seemed unecissary and slightly ugly. the rest is good. the mouse is well laid out so you dont keep pressing wrong buttons. Software disk supplied with purchase makes cofiguration easy and fast as well as fun
on 21 May 2016
After a few years, I'm still using this mouse flawlessly. The buttons are still responsive, with satisfying clicks. The only negative would be the odd dented design, however its just a mouse that my hand covers, so I can get over that.
on 11 January 2016
Bought this years ago, absolutely loved it, comfortable grip fits my hand like a glove, great adjustable dpi. Plug and Play no software install needed, never let me down until the left button started to stick, but that's wear and tear from a gaming mouse that was used extensively every day for 5 years. I replaced it with a new Razer Naga... I want my mx518 back, its superior in most ways, build quality is robust and doesn't feel so plastic like the Razer. The 518 is expensive now as its out of production, so when they are all gone that's it. I would still recommend this to any gamer, its a solid reliable mouse.
on 3 October 2006
Anyone who says this mouse is uncomfortable either has very abnormal hands or ridiculously high standards. This mouse is extremely comfortable to hold and easy to control. The sensitivity control are very useful and the settings can be completely personalised so you can have it set as you want for whatever task you are doing. You will need to use these tools, when gaming the mouse is deadly but when using windows/mac normally, over-sensitivity is a problem and you'll need to turn it down with a tap on that magic - button. Designed for gaming but not a problem if you do both.

When deciding whether to purchase a mouse or not for gaming I couldn't decide if I needed it. Now I have it, I do see that it can give you an edge when you need to react quickly and accurately. HOWEVER, it does take a while to get to a stange when you use it to its max potential. On the packet it says "For expert gamers." Those are wise words, it takes practise to get used to. When you first start to use it over sensitivity will be a problem, but don't worry. You'll get used to it, and when you do, your opponents will run in fear.
on 16 December 2015
Great mouse, takes a beating and just keeps going! Pity that the price is too high for me!(£145 as of 16.12.2015.) When I bought this originally that it was only £24.99 (that WAS in 2011 though). Had I known that it would have lasted so long I would have bought about 5 of them at the time, so that I was set for life!
on 4 January 2006
This Mouse is a Beauty! It's everything you could ever want. This piece of hardware makes standard mouse's look like they've been recycled 40 times. It's smooth and the buttons are well posistioned. The ability to change the sensitivity is fantastic.
Buy This Mouse - You ARE Missing Out !!!
on 23 August 2015
These MX518 mice have to be one of the best mice ever! We've had Death Adders and many others and the MX beats them all.
I still have two, unfortunately they are both now faulty though much use. The wire starts to break internally where it enters the mouse body.
Don't get me wrong, it took a few good years of use to get them to that point though. No doubt an eventual problem with all wired mice.
When I'm in the mood I will have a go at repairing them both, that means new sliders.

I'll show my arse on the town hall steps before I pay £145 quid for an MX 518
on 7 February 2012
I am a longtime FPS / RPG PC gamer, who also spends a considerable amount of my life chained to a PC for work. I have two of these mice, one for the office and one for home; it does not disappoint in either situation.

Ergonomically, a good design is a must for me. While I don't game in long sessions, I demand a relatively high level of performance when I do. 12-hour stretches at work are common though and for that purpose, this is an absolute triumph of design. Comfort is excellent, though lefties will not enjoy this mouse or I suspect even be able to use it. There is a definite boost in performance compared to traditional or 'cheap' mice, and I enjoy having my mouse not look like some work of abstract art i.e. most of the overpriced MMO-centric mice you see today from the likes of Razer et al... I have no strong feelings regarding the look, though as others have pointed out it is quite unique for what that's worth.

The sensitivity controls are excellent though I find the top level to be overkill, even when working on a triple-monitor setup. It's just too fast for me, though I know some prefer to have a very small range of hand movement -- to each their own I suppose.

The programmable 'menu' button is handy, though in a slightly inconvenient location. The 4th and 5th buttons along the side are absolutely brilliant and I am now wrecked from using other mice which exclude this feature as a result. They are stellar for browsing the web and using web-based applications at work as I do. These buttons are also very nice in games but I find that surprisingly many games--even modern ones--do not have very good support for mapping these buttons. Not a fault of this product but still worth noting.

I wholeheartedly endorse this mouse and it has set the bar for my expectations in this arena going forward.
on 11 June 2015
I bought this mouse in 2011 for a fraction of the price and it still worked fine (and after many drops) until my partner borrowed it, now it seems to have a faulty connection somewhere in the cable and randomly stops working, each time the speed changing to that of a snail. Unfortunately due to the £60 increase I cannot afford to replace it, but if it were more affordable I would in a heartbeat buy another!
on 23 September 2014
I purchased this as I got quite in to competitive Team Fortress 2 and the old Dell mouse wasn't cutting it.

Brilliant mouse for all round use and gaming, I even purchased a 2nd for the office. Comfortable enough to use all day and really moulds to your hand. Buttons on the side and top are useful on the desktop and brilliant for gaming. I personally have the top two (around the scroll) to adjust DPI for sniping in games and the two on the side for either volume or cycling weapons depending on game.