4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it should do.
Good design - it does what it should. I had one for 3 years and it was still functional and smooth despite being left out in the rain a lot, hence me getting another after my bike got pinched (they got through this lock and D-lock, so I can't hold it against the Python really).

Published on 26 April 2012 by bboytoast

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what they used to be.
I've had one of these (previous model) for about 4 years, used to secure ladders.

I felt confident buying another, due to my previous good experience.

I was slightly surprised by how different this looked from the previous model- it should have warned me.

Published 22 months ago by Marc Wilson

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what they used to be., 3 Sep 2012
This review is from: Master Lock Python 1800x10mm adjustable Cable Lock Black (DIY & Tools)

I felt confident buying another, due to my previous good experience.

This product failed totally after 2 weeks of light usage (locking bikes up during a camping trip).

The key now won't turn at all in the lock, rendering the product useless (except possibly to use as a whip, if I can locate the bean-counter who signed off the new design).

Sent back for a refund.

I can't trust this brand again- it could have failed in the locked position, leaving me in France with several bikes locked up!

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy, 21 July 2012
I bought these locks to secure my outboard engine to the boat and my dinghy to the pontoon. I was able to lock and unlock it eaxactly once before it jammed and was unworkable. A big disappointment and a waste of money

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it should do., 26 April 2012

I imagine it won't stand up to much beyond bolt clippers, but it's good for locking wheels in conjunction with a D-lock, it's easy to wear over your shoulder while cycling around and would stop an opportunist thief.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value for a great product, 18 Nov 2013
As users of the traditional chain and padlock combo, we were put onto this product by our handyman who uses it to lock up his ladders and other equipment when he's working at properties for a longer period of time.

3.0 out of 5 stars Does not fit Bushnell Trail Cam 2012 HD, 26 Aug 2013
Amazon links the 10mm python with the bear safe and Bushnell 2012 HD Trail cam. It fits the safe but is the wrong diameter for the trail cam. If you are buying this to use with a trail cam be very careful that it will fit and do not rely on Amazon's advertising.

1.0 out of 5 stars master lock python 1800-10mm adjustable cable lock black, 14 Jun 2013
while in town would not open kept trying but got it open in the end but on loccking upto get key out it would not open up so threw it in dust bin not worth the trouble sending back under guantee i will give it one rate it was a nice length to secure bike

5.0 out of 5 stars does what it says it'll do, 2 April 2013
I use this lock to secure my trail camera and it does exactly that. Also comes with about 4 spare keys, which I hope I never need to use, but handy to know I have spares.