5.0 out of 5 stars Extend you audio
Published on 16 May 2009 by GCW

3.0 out of 5 stars Does the job Ok but
On the plus side, Speakers work well wirelessly, and sound is OK, and sufficiently loud.

On the downside:
1. Three electical plugs, one for the transmitter and one for each speaker. I would have expected the speakers to be capable of being wired together at least. I have no problem if 10 metres of wire between them.
2. Remote does not switch on the...
Published on 27 Dec 2010 by Dinnyken

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Extend you audio, 16 May 2009
This review is from: Connected Essentials CES30 Wireless Speakers (Electronics)
I bought these with the intention of using them for my kids 18th party, in the garden. They are frankly very impressive. Audio quality is good and I have been unable to hear any hum even when they are turned up high, although on highest volume there is a bit of distortion. I am finding new uses and several old audio items which had been stored away have now been pulled out of storage. They work well with any audio equipment with a headphone socket and are good connected up to itunes on the computer (ideal for partying). I have no hesitation in recommending them. The max range I have been able to test is about 35metres through 4 brick walls and they work well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Speakers that speak for themselves, 20 Jan 2011
Amazon Addict (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Connected Essentials CES30 Wireless Speakers (Electronics)
I LOVE these speakers. I have had them for two and a half years and used them many times. They have worked perfectly at a surprising distance away from the house, outdoors, and indoors. They are just good enough for parties where you want background music. Not really loud or bassy enough for a loud dance party, but they have plenty of bass and volume for average use, and are more than adequate -in fact perfect- for the kind of party where conversation, eating and drinking predominate. They look cool and the infrared remote control is a nice touch which works very well. The fact they are splashproof is a bonus when our English weather decides to spoil a day time garden party -no panic to save them, they can look after themselves up to a point.

I have mine permanently set up in my kitchen, where they run off the mains, but they work very well off batteries anywhere else.

They are excellent value and a great product.

AA

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Sound, 9 Jun 2012
Judith A. Gannon "Jude" (Nottingham UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Connected Essentials CES30 Wireless Speakers (Electronics)
We wanted radio/music all around the house. This is a very inexpensive way of doing just that. Our sound system (Roberts) is in the kitchen and the speakers are in the bedroom and outside in our workroom (a concrete garage) approximately 40 metres. No more sound delay when more than one radio is switched on. Amazing - a great buy.

3.0 out of 5 stars Does the job Ok but, 27 Dec 2010

On the downside:
2. Remote does not switch on the speakers. This is deliberate as speakers only designed to stay on standby for 5 minutes before switching off. Probably if on battery this is a good thing but bad if using transformers. I want them on standby or on all the time. So each time used the speakers have to be turned on manually.
3. The speakers are too independent and sometimes remote has to pressed two or more times to get both to do same. Prefer speakers to have common control point, i.e, master speaker and slave.

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic product, 23 Dec 2009
This review is from: Connected Essentials CES30 Wireless Speakers (Electronics)
I've been wanting wireless speakers in my kitchen/dinning room for ages but the price was too high until I saw this product. When it arrived it was so easy to set up, just plug it in and it worked no problem. Sometimes the sound is not constant but I think its when someone gets in the way of the wireless sound waves coming from the living room. Apart from that its amazing

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value for the price, 11 April 2009
J. Bridgewater (Crook, Co. Durham, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Connected Essentials CES30 Wireless Speakers (Electronics)
I bought these speakers based on the reviews i read and i was not dissapointed, i am using these primarily as desktop speakers on my pc but the intention is to use them in the garden in the summer if we get one! i have already tested these from the garden which is about 30 metres from the transmitter and they work seamlessly.
the only downside i can find is when i play the internet radio through them the sound is a bit tinny, though i dont think this is any fault with the speakers as i have tested them with the jack plug inserted into the my dab radio with really pleasing results.
all in all if you are looking for some decent background sound for say a BBQ or outside party these are what you want.if you want more power you need to look at a higher budget.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous Service, 23 Jun 2009
Ms. Justine Jenkins (Wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Connected Essentials CES30 Wireless Speakers (Electronics)
These speakers are brilliant. Such fun being able to take my music from the computer to everywhere in and outside the house. Makes Spotify even better!

4.0 out of 5 stars Does The Job, 24 Nov 2012
Songwrighta (Westcombe Park, London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Connected Essentials CES30 Wireless Speakers (Electronics)
I bought these wireless speakers in April 2012, and have seven months' experience. Mine were second hand and in perfect condition. I like to think they may have come from Els (see her 3-star review), as she implies she intended to return them little used. I use the speakers daily, and I'm very happy with them.

The small transmitter is plugged into my kitchen TV, downstairs, and sits inconspicuously on the worktop behind it. The speakers are both upstairs. The first one is in my bedroom, connected to the mains to save on batteries. The second is in the bathroom, perched on the corner of the bath - the splash proof casing reducing the risk from any water accidents! The battery option is really useful for this room, which of course has no mains.

The system makes my life so much easier! No longer do I have to stay glued to the TV. Instead, I can continue my activities upstairs, without losing the thread of my programme. It's especially invaluable in allowing me to get ready at bedtime, instead of staying up too late because of a TV show!

My reduction down to 4 stars is because of a problem with the remote control: you can use it to turn the speakers OFF, but you can't use it to turn the speakers ON. That means me bending down to the floor in the bedroom, or over the bath, to press the on switches.

The sound quality, in my opinion, is not high enough for music, only for speech. But I don't mark the product down for that. You get what you pay for. And this is a vey useful addition to my home.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality product, 25 Oct 2010
This review is from: Connected Essentials CES30 Wireless Speakers (Electronics)
This is a well designed and built product. I'm pleased to say that it worked straight out of the box
and the wireless signal has excellent range which means I can listen to quality sounds throughout my
house even though it has thick walls.

Very easy to assemble and works effortlessly

4.0 out of 5 stars wireless speakers, 1 Nov 2009
This review is from: Connected Essentials CES30 Wireless Speakers (Electronics)
speakers good though television sound has to be on high setting for the transmitter to pick up.this was explained via email contact with seller.pleased with product.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›