on 27 May 2010
I had to remove a lot of wallpaper (pretty much entire house) and bought this together with the Wagner Steamer which I rate highly. Going over the walls first with the perforator makes a lot of difference, we noticed it when we forgot to perforate a wall first and were wondering why the paper didn't come up so nicely. Only watchout is that you don't push to hard, otherwise you get little holes in your wall. Not an issue if you apply new wallpaper but could be disturbing if you intend to paint the wall afterwards.
Just be careful and don't let it lie around, in the hands of kids this could be seriously dangerous!

Note: This thing is much bigger than it appears on the picture, the handle must be half a meter long or so. Just don't be surprised if it comes in a biiiiiig box from Amazon.
0Comment36 of 37 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 September 2013
It's a great product that does the job. I bought it in January 2013 but it's a bit cheaper now.
It does the job but I would be wary of using it on a wall that I don't plan to plaster (or at least skim) after the wall paper has been removed because it's so sharp that it digs into the wall beyond the paper.
The product comes with a plastic casing for the toothed roller bit but this falls apart in no time.
If you buy this product, please keep it safe when not in use. Stepping on it alone could do a lot of damage let alone someone getting tempted to (or in anger) use it as a weapon.
on 10 September 2015
I had wood chip everywhere, whole house to do. 2 tips.
1) HIRE a serious steamer, DO NOT buy a cheap one. It's night and day, an hour with a proper steamer (they are available to buy on Amazon e.g. Earlex LMB275 SteaMMaster W'Paper Stripper 230V for about £250, but only £50 to rent for a week) was equivalent to a day with a £50 bought steamer (I had both Wagner W-14 2000 Watt Steam Wallpaper Stripper and BLACK+DECKER KX3300T Wallpaper Stripper 2400 Watt). There's no comparison.
2) Use this Perforator a lot. It made a huge difference, allowing the steam to get through the many layers of paint. A good Perforating would halve the time.
on 13 February 2011
An excellent piece of equipment, does exactly what it says on the tin, perforates wallpaper ready for soaking and stripping the paper
on 17 August 2013
I used this alongside a wallpaper steamer. The perforator let the steam in behind the wallpaper and definitely helped with the removal of the woodchip. It did what it claimed it would do, was easy to use and was a reasonable price.
on 3 July 2013
Works well at perforating but I found that the steam/water still took quite a long time to penetrate through to the adhesive. Maybe my situation was worse than the average level of difficulty though, so can't fault the product.
on 29 March 2012
In new home & on 4th room of stripping wallpaper. We were finding that it was so hard to get the old lining paper off - which had been painted & had made the paper & paste even stickier to the plaster walls.

So i had a quick search on the net & advice was to buy a wallpaper perforater.

There are handheld versions available, which are more expensive, but decided on this one as its cheap but also has a pole to make it easier to control to push up and down the walls & probably a lot less painful on the wrists.

It has done the job brilliantly on the last room & sped up the time it took to strip the paper - I only wish I had purchased it 3 rooms ago!!!

Remember this can be quite dangerous, reminds me of something out of a Hollywood movie, like Rollerball, so leave it out of reach of little hands! It does come with a plastic case protector sleeve.

Definitely worth the £7.42 I paid for it
on 22 February 2011
I purchased this item recently, as I do not like steam wallpaper strippers,it really perforates painted woodchip paper giving sprayed on stripper liquid a chance to get under the paper, It is a really well made tool and not expensive.
0Comment18 of 21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 July 2013
I bought this along with a steamer as I had a lot of stripping to do with different types of paper. On thinner papers the steamer was fine on its own and perforating it just made it rip more. As for the thicker embossed papers it was a mixed bag. Getting the right pressure was a hit and miss affair. Maybe if you have multiple layers of paper this would come in handy but the steamer on its own would have been fine for me.
on 29 March 2015
Worked very well.
After stripping one layer of wallpaper, I found another underneath but this had been painted over making it difficult to remove.
The steamer did not penetrate through the paint although I did "cross hatch" an area with a scraper and managed to remove some, but I knew this was going to take a long time.
Enter this perforator - first thing I noticed was that the spikes face in a certain way, so I assume this is why some people have had spikes fall off?
If you look at the roller end on, you can work out which way the spikes work.
The main thrust and pressure is forwards, driving the spikes in, and easing off the pressure on the return stroke to avoid damaging them.
I went all over the wall and then soaked it with a water spray.
Went back approx 15 minutes later with the steamer and the paint/wallpaper layer lifted off easily using the scraper, this left the backing paper which was easy to remove using the steamer and scraper again.
This tool made the whole job much easier, and as another reviewer said, try and remove wallpaper in an area you missed and you will see how good this device is.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse