Format: Audio CD|Change

on 3 October 2008
What a great album this is. Relentless, unstoppable and a simple joy to listen to. Well that is once you get past the opening few tracks.

The opening, for me, is where this album lets itself down and the reason why I've only given this 4 stars. The opening track with it's acapella isn't for me. I'm sure people will like this but it's starkness is too much.

The album really starts to pick up from Alex Picone's "Floppy" which, although still minimal in it's construction gives a greater edge to the music which had been lacking up to that point. (I have to admit I do like the Los Updates ft Luciano's "Getting Late" - the vocals allow a lightness to emerge in the mix which wasn't there earlier).

The mix really kicks in from Johnny D's fantastic "Orbitalife" and then from here there's no looking back. It would be hard for me to pick standout tracks from the remainder but Phuture's "Rise from your grave", Schneider, Galluzi's "Albertino" and DJulz's "So you know" work so brilliantly together it's impossible to separate them.

After the latter, which has such a possessive and relentless beat to it, the mix starts to calm down and the final track Chymera's "Arabesque" almost feels like chill out. It does, though, maintain the spirit and creativity of the previous ten or so tracks.

All in all a really great album which is worth buying and one I shall enjoy playing for many years to come after some of the more hectic nights out.
on 28 April 2009
Very good tracks and masterfully weaved together.

One of the best mixcd in my collection that is withstanding the time since it has been put on a market, which is something difficult to accomplish on this genre (minimal, techhouse, ...)
on 5 March 2013
probably my favoriate on fabric so far... just a shear delight to listen to... at anytime . s s s
on 1 August 2008
Luciano's mix on Fabric has been highly anticipated across the board for reasons unknown to me. I've never heard him play before and somehow I've missed his comp for Sci.Fi.Hi.Fi.

Fabric however has surprised me before with artists I didn't know. Thanks to their relative low price and appealing package it's rather safe to try and I came to notice that most comps they offer are def. winners.

...And this is one of them. With a certain minimal sound but spiced up with layers of groovy percussion and the occasional vocals used to great effect it had me locked in easily.
Starting off as your everyday minimal mix it is just after a couple of tracks that it really starts picking up and becomes an above average mix. Especially when we get to Johnny D's Orbital Life we sure are in for a real corker.
Luciano doesn't give up and treats us to some great tunes. From the great strings of M83's in church to the vocals sampled over some serious house by D'Julz it's understandible why Luciano's mix was so highly anticipated. He is offering some great mixing, tracks are refreshing and unique and are perfeclty selected for this fine comp.

Bwz
on 8 July 2015
A cracking set by Luciano this
on 22 March 2013
Didn't think much of it,I have nothing positive to say about this one unfortunately.it was put under Luciano reggae, and its not he reggae artist at all.