5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased
Delighted with this brush.

Published 23 months ago by Marylin Collcutt

2.0 out of 5 stars overpriced and not too effective
Go to a pound shop instead. These things are just cheap and no better than the £1 ones. The tangs bend out of alignment and on our cat (British short-hair) it is only slightly better than using your hand to stroke her. Makes no difference to hairballs.
Published 20 months ago by N. Tuson

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased, 29 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Ancol Ergo Cat Slicker Brush (Misc.)
Delighted with this brush.

This is my first slicker and it's doing a far better job than any of the other types of brushes I've used to remove loose hair. I have three cats and they have all taken to it straight away. I use it like a half toy and half stroking aid so they really enjoy being brushed and the handle already has a few play bite marks from where I let them check it out first and get familiar and comfortable with it. Two of my cats are shorthaired and one long hair and the brush works great on all three to remove the dead hair and leaves their coats beautiful and silky.

The rubberised grips make it very comfortable to change your grip and hold it at any angle and the size of the brush is just nice so you can get into more awkward spaces to make thorough brushing far easier. I tested the brush on myself first because I wanted to know if the pins would be too sharp for my cats. Actually, it feels very soft and more like a nice tingly massage sensation. The pins all have a bend in them at an angle to help you grab more hair from the base of the coat and the brush is dead simple to clean.

It's great to keep handy to stroke and brush the cats whenever they come over and lay with me so I always keep their coats nice. I also really love the colour. Can't recommend this enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality, 17 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Ancol Ergo Cat Slicker Brush (Misc.)
Ignore the review suggesting that a pound shop brush would be just as good - that's rubbish. This brush feels solid and durable, and the spikes are firmly attached. The rubberised areas on the handle make it comfortable to hold and improve the grip. Much better quality than the slicker brush that my cat had been putting up with for several years previously - that one went straight in the bin as soon as my cat started fawning over this new brush! In terms of suitability for certain coats, my cat has quite short but very thick fur and this brush is ideal for removing all the loose hair and dead skin whilst giving him a lovely massage. Yes, it is a rather spiky brush, but it's ideal for the job and would never damage his skin. I can see it being a bit too intense for a cat with very thin fur (the kind that lies flat against the body) - you might prefer a bristly rather than spiky brush for that sort of coat - and maybe not deep enough for a very long coat (a brush that looks more like a human hairbrush with thicker spikes with bobbles on the ends would be more suitable). Anyway, this brush is perfect for my cat and I'm so glad I bought it - excellent quality at a very reasonable price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cat hair brush!, 12 May 2013
This review is from: Ancol Ergo Cat Slicker Brush (Misc.)
My cat hates to be stroked but she totally loves being brushed by this cat slicker brush. She even lays on her back for her tummy to be done. Easy to use and easy to remove the hair from the bristles. Would recommend this.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very efficient, 14 Jun. 2014
Kate Preston (Reading, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Ancol Ergo Cat Slicker Brush (Misc.)
I used this on my very elderly cat, who's finding it difficult to groom herself. Despite being skin and bones, she didn't mind the metal teeth and seemed to enjoy being groomed. Within a few seconds I'd removed enough fluff to make a spare cat. Cat and owner very happy.

2.0 out of 5 stars overpriced and not too effective, 9 Sept. 2013
N. Tuson (Europe) - See all my reviews

1.0 out of 5 stars not pleased., 15 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Ancol Ergo Cat Slicker Brush (Misc.)
its tiny. I would call it a rat or mouse brush and my cat hates it . I had another brush before this from tescos and my cat loves it but the bristles went out of place after a few months so I decided to get this because of its great reviews. my cat loves getting brushed normally but she hates this brush and takes off.

5.0 out of 5 stars I got a happy cat =), 22 Jun. 2013
Mrs. Angela G. Torres "Amazing book" (london- england) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ancol Ergo Cat Slicker Brush (Misc.)
My cat is so happy with this brush, every time I show her it she come quickly and lye in the floor to be brushed =) .Her coat is so beautiful and clean, and the most important no more hair in the floor =) . The brush is very easy to clean. If you buy this I guaranty your cat will be really happy like my =)

4.0 out of 5 stars Just Right, 11 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Ancol Ergo Cat Slicker Brush (Misc.)
I just got a kitten and wanted a brush to keep his coat in good condition but also to remove excess fur and avoid, as much as possible, hairballs.

The brush is quite small if you have a big cat - about 3 inches wide and 2 inches tall - but it has good, sturdy bristles and my cat enjoys being groomed with it. And likes having a gnaw at it!

Only drawback is that the bristles are quite sharp when you are trying to clear the fur out of it. Overall, that's just a minor issue, and I would recommend the brush.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for cats and rabbits, 2 Sept. 2013
E R Slaughter (Brighton, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ancol Ergo Cat Slicker Brush (Misc.)
I had a brush like this previously but lost it. The cats were shedding fur when losing some of their winter coats so I wanted something that would keep the hair contained while I brushed and this was perfect. The first use produced a ridiculous amount of fur from the cat who seemed a lot happier for it.
The rabbit was losing a bit of fur too and it looked a bit scruffy so a quick, gentle brush got rid of a substantial amount of fur.
The brush is easy to clean too as the fur usually comes off in a big chunk.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased with this slicker, 28 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Ancol Ergo Cat Slicker Brush (Misc.)
This is my first cat slicker and when it first arrived I was a bit disturbed by the stainless steel teeth and was worried it would be painful for the cats. It turns out I was wrong, they seem to enjoy a good brush and even purr. My cats have got quite long hair and it does a great job of getting out all the loose hair and leaves their coat looking lovely and smooth. It seems well made, is comfortable to hold and it only takes a few minutes a day to keep them tangle free.

Ancol Ergo Cat Slicker Brush