5.0 out of 5 stars brillliant
got this kite for my husband and son, they never flew one before.they love it! cant wait for windy days.very strong pull for a learner kite they crash it quite a few times, still not a mark on it.well worth the money.brilliant!
Published on 17 May 2009 by den boy

1.0 out of 5 stars poorly set-up
delivered quickly and in a neat carry box but the strings were all tangled up so we couldn't get it to operate at all. My son spent a whole morning of his holiday untangling the lines which is not the way you'd want to spend your holiday. Instructions on using it were poor and bore little relation to how the product was presented in the box.
Published 16 months ago by Amazon Customer

‹ Previous | 1 2 37 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic fun, 6 July 2009
This review is from: HQ 1.7m Symphony Beach 2 Foil Kite (Sports)
It does what it says on the tin - or pouch!
Very easy to get started and to fly it. But just because it's easy it doesn't make it any less fun - it's brilliant!

5.0 out of 5 stars great present, 10 Oct 2009
This review is from: HQ 1.7m Symphony Beach 2 Foil Kite (Sports)
Bought as present for brother. Arrived quickly, looked great and loved the canvas bag it packs into. Haven't seen in action yet but brother loved it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant fun, 23 Aug 2013
This review is from: HQ 1.7m Symphony Beach 2 Foil Kite (Sports)
This kite is great fun ,fast and nippy.I use it with a kite bar and not the straps as I find it easier to control.It packs away quickly and neatly into a small rucksack.I would not recommend it to children under 12 as in strong winds it does have alot of pull.It really is a great product and I would highly recommend it.Hope you find this useful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous!, 10 Mar 2013
This review is from: HQ 1.7m Symphony Beach 2 Foil Kite (Sports)
I have been flying powerkites for 20 years. After several rather extensive back operations my doctor's question to me was: "What is your rehabilitation goal". He looked at me a little funny when I said I wanted to fly a kite again.(I am a 52 year old woman, so that may have played a role).

This kite was my choice for Goal Day. I was not disappointed.

The setup is quick, the packaging excellent and the fly experience very similar to my memories of my very adventurous former self's.

I had a wonderful time and highly recommend this kite to someone who wants to get a low-risk, high quality introduction to power-kiting.

5.0 out of 5 stars very nice kite but takes a few days to gets the hang of., 10 Sep 2011
This review is from: HQ 1.7m Symphony Beach 2 Foil Kite (Sports)
This is a very nice kite. We received it quite quickly but the instructions were not that helpful. it took a few days to fly but once it did, it was very good. The lines get tangled very easily at the start but it gets easier, the more practice you do. It needs to be flied in a fairly open area with a fair amount of wind. In low winds it flies well but not as good in moderate winds. in strong winds it has a fair pull but my 14 year old child can handle it comfortably. Overall it is a very nice kite but be patient!

1.0 out of 5 stars poorly set-up, 23 Aug 2013
Amazon Customer (St. Albans, England) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars fun kite for adult gift, 8 July 2011
This review is from: HQ 1.7m Symphony Beach 2 Foil Kite (Sports)
This was a birthday present for my husband and he has been very pleased with it. It flies easily, but is sufficiently challenging for plenty of fun. There's no chance of our children (4 and 6) taking over as it takes some strength to keep it under control, but it would be fine for teenagers. It packs neatly into the storage pouch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent gift, 9 Jun 2011
Mr. F. Reid "Frank Reid" (Cumbria, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: HQ 1.7m Symphony Beach 2 Foil Kite (Sports)
Bought as a present for a friend, so comments are based on his reactions. At the first outing he managed to get the kite stuck in the top of a large tree (well it was a BEECH tree) but he managed to free it without damage thanks to the strength of the material.
This size he feels is perfect for a beginner, as the next one up would have been to much to handle as yet.
Excellent kite.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good toy kite!, 5 Aug 2010
This review is from: HQ 1.7m Symphony Beach 2 Foil Kite (Sports)
I bought this HQ Symphony Beach 1.7m a little while back now. This is a serious toy. Not a serious kite. Still, great for the beach or for a slightly breezy day. Or when it's too windy for a normal dual-line kite. I've broken the lines already but only because I took it out when it was too windy, my own fault really.
The kite itself is much smaller than I thought, especially the packaging. It comes delivered in its own little pouch and packs down to barely nothing. Tip: leave in the boot of the car, you never know when you might want to fly it.
The build quality is pretty good and will withstand any crashes due to its frameless construction. Despite many hard crashes in windy condition, I don't think mine has even got any sign of tear in the sail at all.
I should have bought the slightly larger one (which is over 2m), and I therefore wouldn't recommend any adult buying the smaller version. Might be great for the kids though!
Get flying!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun no complaints, 30 July 2011
R. Rubie-Todd (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: HQ 1.7m Symphony Beach 2 Foil Kite (Sports)
This is a brilliant little kite. Fast, responsive easy to set up and once your used to it easy to launch on your own.

A good entry level kite for older kids as it can have quite a pull. My 10yr old cousin got the same kite (on advice from a DIFFERENT retailer) but he is just to small for it.
I erred for the 1.7 over the 2.1 because i haven't flown a kite for a while and on first setting it up i thought it was way to small but on actually playing with it it turns out to be just right for what i want.

‹ Previous | 1 2 37 | Next ›