on 17 May 2009
got this kite for my husband and son, they never flew one before.they love it! cant wait for windy days.very strong pull for a learner kite they crash it quite a few times, still not a mark on it.well worth the money.brilliant!
0Comment35 of 36 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon 31 August 2010
It isn't often that the hype meets with reality. This is a first class product which packs away neatly and doesn't feel like a toy. It is superbly made and seems virtually indestructable. The best thing is that this bird really does want to fly and at times seems to be impatient and doesn't want to wait until I get back to the straps. It is possible, with some practice to set it up and then fly it without help.

At 60+ I don't feel silly flying a kite!
22 comments21 of 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 30 November 2010
We flew it on a day when the wind was rather variable, and in the calm moments it collapsed and fell in a way that a kite with a rigid frame probably would not. But it was easy enough to relaunch - something even the 3-year olds were keen to help with - and not having anything sharp is a great comfort when flying in a public place. And in the gusts it was great. Everyone in the party felt really satisfied and pleased with themselves for flying it.
on 5 June 2011
Symphony Beach 1.7 R2F - Sports Kite

No need to read any more reviews on this foil - Just buy it!

Set up is simply minimal, within a minute the foil will be in the air - within seconds you'll notice how much of a thoroughbred this is (loads of Pull for its size)! It's very precise in the air, uber quick turns are achievable (you can almost fly a really tight square!) and the foil hardly stalls in lighter wind like the cheaper ones tend to do. Packing it up in a hurry couldn't be more optimised - which helps when it starts to rain (do watch out for lightning)!!!!

I've knocked one star off for durability - However, (in all fairness) this was our fault, as it was a rather windy evening, and one of the thinner sub-lines to the foil snapped as soon as the kite climbed... An easy repair was done within 10min back home and the kite is now perfect once again!
on 28 October 2010
Bought this kite for my son who's twelve, but i have flown it more than he has. For a small kite its got a lot of pull even in light wind . great fun .
on 20 July 2014
Being totally blind, when I received the kite from my wife as a birthday present i was a bit sceptical about how simple it was to fly but I needn't have worried! Once the two flying lines have been attached useing a larks head not and unwound from the wonder the kite just wants to fly. I found it easier to have my wife hold the kite up initially into the wind with the flying lines taught and for me to pull down and backwards on the fine lines and the Kite just shot up into the air. Being blind I couldn't see where the Kite was in the sky, however the direction of the flying lines kept me from crashing even managed to do a number of really good tricks and flips. The number of times it has crashed the kite has survived I have now learnt that when I feel the flying lines getting close to the ground the simple thing to do is to just relax your arms forwards and it stops the egg going into the kite therefore collapsing it stopping it from crashing into the ground. Just simple hours and hours of fun. If I can do it anyone can!
22 comments8 of 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 22 June 2011
This is a great kite for a beginner or those who are more experienced. It's very compact, easy to setup and highly portable - you could slam it in a backpack and not know its there.

In high winds you get a good pull from it and is still controllable - watch your step though! Those less experienced will end up jumping around if you're not careful. For younger ones it's also a good fun (obviously under supervision).

All in all I think it's a bargain for the fun you get from it.
on 2 June 2010
WE've been very happy with this kite- the price, quality, utility of it have all been impressive.
We've used larger stunt kites before and after a taste of that we wanted more. This kite is a great introduction to stunt kites. The included instructions and diagrams are good. It's easy to put together.
We've been most impressed by the amount of pull it generates in moderate winds. It's flown at it's best on a rainy day when the high winds meant it could do super stunts (although we were standing in the rain). In low winds it requires many re-launches but this may be because of all the trees where we are. It's definitely a 2 person toy. I think 1 person would struggle to have fun with it except in ideal conditions (on a beach or something).
22 comments15 of 17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 March 2013
I have been flying powerkites for 20 years. After several rather extensive back operations my doctor's question to me was: "What is your rehabilitation goal". He looked at me a little funny when I said I wanted to fly a kite again.(I am a 52 year old woman, so that may have played a role).

This kite was my choice for Goal Day. I was not disappointed.

The setup is quick, the packaging excellent and the fly experience very similar to my memories of my very adventurous former self's.

I had a wonderful time and highly recommend this kite to someone who wants to get a low-risk, high quality introduction to power-kiting.
on 10 September 2011
This is a very nice kite. We received it quite quickly but the instructions were not that helpful. it took a few days to fly but once it did, it was very good. The lines get tangled very easily at the start but it gets easier, the more practice you do. It needs to be flied in a fairly open area with a fair amount of wind. In low winds it flies well but not as good in moderate winds. in strong winds it has a fair pull but my 14 year old child can handle it comfortably. Overall it is a very nice kite but be patient!