5.0 out of 5 stars Invaluable
I've had the Garmin for around 8 months now and I couldn't be more pleased. In fact on one occasion I arrived at the course, realised I'd forgotten it and seriously considered driving home to pick it up - needless to say the round was fraught!

Published on 17 May 2009 by Malcolm O. Dell

3.0 out of 5 stars Garmin Golf logix range finder
Published on 30 Aug. 2009 by golf addict

5.0 out of 5 stars Invaluable, 17 May 2009
Malcolm O. Dell "Mal." (North Herts.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Golf Logix Garmin GPS Rangefinder (Sports)

The Garmin does exactly what you would expect a Golf GPS to do without bells and whistles (some offer a facility to mark the exact location of the pin - but how do you know that unless you walk the course beforehand and some are in colour which must be a drain on your batteries). The Garmin takes easy to find AA batteries and last on my reckoning around three rounds so that would be 12 hours continuous use.

Customer Care at GOlfGPS is magnificent. My course wasn't mapped but a quick web-request had it on the database in a week. Further, the mappers omitted water features on three holes which I considered significant omissions - within 48 hours the database had been amended. It's quite quaint knowing the distance to and over 'the creek'.

I wholeheartedly recommend the GolfLogix.

5.0 out of 5 stars It does what it says on the tin, 27 Oct. 2009
This review is from: Golf Logix Garmin GPS Rangefinder (Sports)
I have used the Golf Logix Garmin for the past couple of months and found it to be a usefull piece of kit. It appears to be accurate to within a couple of yards on the eight or so courses I have used it on. The reason I chose this unit was that I have used Garmin GPS units in the past and always found them to be reliable. I must admit that I mainly use it for the distance to the green (centre, front or back) as I am not accurate enough off the tee to worry too much about fairway bunkers etc. I find that the unit is most usefull when playing from the wrong fairway and over trees and bushes where you cannot always see the pin.
Unlike one of the other reviewers I have no problems with the unit using two AA bateries and have found that with top quality alkaline batteries I get 3 to 4 rounds. I have been using rechargables recently and have found that I can get 3 rounds from one charge, however it all depends on how long you are on the course. If you take over 5 hours then obviously you will get fewer rounds, but on average say 4 hour rounds you should easily get three rounds per set. I just carry an extra set with me just in case, it takes seconds to change them if they do fail.
It may not be all singing all dancing as some models are but it is robust and fully waterproof, which in our climate is necessary.

3.0 out of 5 stars Garmin Golf logix range finder, 30 Aug. 2009
This review is from: Golf Logix Garmin GPS Rangefinder (Sports)
I have had a Garmin range finder for 3 weeks and I think the information presented and the accuracy are excellent BUT,and it is a big BUT.The unit is powered by 2* AA batteries. I find that standard batteries will last only for 2 or 3 courses and when the voltage falls to about 1.3 volts the unit ceases to operate. This is a big disadvantage and if you wish to use rechargeable batteries which usually only charge to 1.4 volts then these batteries will not last 1 round.

4.0 out of 5 stars Golf logix garmin GPS, 22 Sept. 2009
This review is from: Golf Logix Garmin GPS Rangefinder (Sports)
Upon receipt of the golf logix, I had serious problems. The downloading of the software was simple enough, but the GPS would not recognise my computer. despite help from an ICT expert, we could not get it to work. The Garmin website was no help at all, and emailing Garmin in USA only gave the same advice as the website.
Via Amazon, I was able to contact the suppliers in UK, who could not have been more helpful. They sent immediately 2 new cables, and it worked immediately.

The UK suppliers said this was not an uncommon problem.

It is now working with no problems at all. Just wish my golf was as good!

1.0 out of 5 stars Inaccurate and illogical yardages., 7 Sept. 2009
Simon (Dorset, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Golf Logix Garmin GPS Rangefinder (Sports)
I wanted this GPS to work and initially I was impressed with it's ease of use but soon I started to see the flaws. I tried the unit on 2 courses that I'm a member of and obviously know the yardages of them both. Some holes it was fine but on some it was out by 40 yards. I also noticed that for some of the hazards the yardages seem to be back to front which was very confusing. I was really surprised and disappointed because the unit seemed really well made and Garmin have such a good reputation.

1.0 out of 5 stars Expensive to repair, 23 Nov. 2010
This review is from: Golf Logix Garmin GPS Rangefinder (Sports)
I have had this unit for a little over a year but have used it fewer than 10 times. When it has worked it has been good but I have had a series of problems including poor cable connections, failure to identify correct course and, most recently, a permanent 'Out of Range' message (even when standing on the green). The Golflogix response to this is a standard $199 repair fee. Needless to say I shall be investing the repair fee in a different GPS.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very late delivery of Golf Logix, 1 May 2012
This review is from: Golf Logix Garmin GPS Rangefinder (Sports)
AS a frequent user of Amazon I am disgusted at the length of time, more than 3 months, for the delivery of this item. If this level of customer service persists I will be taking my business elsewhere. This an item which is my second purchase and I rate the product very highly in that it gives clear uncomplicated distance information on the golf course, is robust and is very easy to set up.

5.0 out of 5 stars great product, 16 April 2010
William Herron "Bill Herron" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Golf Logix Garmin GPS Rangefinder (Sports)
Ordered this product on the 7th of April and received it on the 13th of April.Well done on the Express delivery of this item.Tried the gps out on the 15th of April and can say that it gives you more confidence in club selection,and makes you commit more to the club in hand.Recommend Recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars lucky les, 6 Dec. 2009
This review is from: Golf Logix Garmin GPS Rangefinder (Sports)
It was an early christmas present for my husband, who was very pleased with it.

Golf Logix Garmin GPS Rangefinder