I just got this bag and tried it last night in the woods while hammock camping.
Published on 14 Aug 2011 by Teris

3.0 out of 5 stars Packs small but limited warmth
Published 13 months ago by A. Hill

4.0 out of 5 stars Although not super, it does the job well and the price is fair, 14 Aug 2011
This review is from: Snugpak Travelpak Lite Red Left Handed Sleeping Bag
I just got this bag and tried it last night in the woods while hammock camping.
I slept in it on my hammock during a windy and bit of chilly night (10C) wearing only my short boxers and a thin base layer blouse. I was not toasty warm but not cold either. However I'd say that this temperature (10C) is its limit. If it was any colder I'd need some cloths to stay warm in it (note that I am quite resistant to cold). But I guess the fact that I was sleeping in a hammock (with a tarp on top) might affect its limit (e.g. if I was into a closed tent, it might feel comfortable in lower temperature).

(+):
- it is light and packs small
- The liner inside feels soft and comfortable in direct contact to the skin.
- the net on the hood is a nice to have feature; mostly for not allowing bugs into it when you are not inside. When I am inside I feel more comfortable not using it though - there are two pairs of strings for rolling the net away so it doesn't fall on your face while sleeping.
- The zip of the bag is double (e.g. to allow un-zipping only the bottom to "refresh" your feet, while it is zipped all the way up).

(-):
- I am 186cm and the bag fits well my height. However it is a bit narrow for a broad shouldered man, although not too much. Also the space for my feet was not plenty, but hey this what mummy shape is all about.
- It is not easy to get the sleeping bag back into its case. Workaround I found: I stuff the bag into the case.
- The zip of the net on the hood looks a kinda cheap. But I did not have any problems so far. The zip of the bag is much better (it takes some time to see how it really works, but once you figure it out it zips-unzips easily and smoothly)
- Made in China (at least mine) - although nowadays this does not necessarily mean that the product is not good

In few words, this is a good and affordable summer bag that will be liked especially by backpackers/hikers who want to travel light.Nothing super special (that is why 4 and not 5 stars), but it does the job and the price is fair. If you don't want to spend a fortune to go for a really high-tech bag, this is a good option.

Overall, I am pleased with the product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Snugpak Travelpak Lite Red Left Handed Sleeping Bag, 25 Jun 2012
This review is from: Snugpak Travelpak Lite Red Left Handed Sleeping Bag
Very good quality sleeping bag. Used it for two weeks in Poland for the Euros and it was very good.

Comes in a very small compression sack which is ideal for travelling. Bit of a struggle to get it back into the compression sack but can be done if you do it the right way.

No issues with the product.

I would recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good, 28 Dec 2012
This review is from: Snugpak Travelpak Lite Red Left Handed Sleeping Bag
I bought this to use in Kenya in the summer as I knew I only wanted a thin sleeping bag which packs really small in my backpack and it was really good. I didn't get too hot and when the nights were a bit cold I was perfectly cosy enough. It dries quickly when washed which is good. Recommended!!

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent value, 28 Feb 2013
M. M. Christophe "chris m" (FRANCE) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Snugpak Travelpak Lite Red Left Handed Sleeping Bag
I was really pleasantly surprized by this product ; did not expect such luxurious quality and features at this price. Going on a long distance walk , my 4 Season down bag is too heavy at 2 Kilograms. Not a winter weather bag but indoors , at 850 grams , it is just what I wanted. And another rsurprize - it is made very well made in the UK !

5.0 out of 5 stars snugpak travelpak lite, 18 Dec 2012
This review is from: Snugpak Travelpak Lite Red Left Handed Sleeping Bag
Great bag, used with a down venom 150 inside for colder nights. Nice and light and packs down small. Stops the down bag getting damp. Would buy again

3.0 out of 5 stars Packs small but limited warmth, 22 Aug 2013
A. Hill "aic_hill2" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Snugpak Travelpak Lite Red Left Handed Sleeping Bag
Like Teris I used the bag recently for hammock camping, in woodlands in Europe. To be fair, the weather was not exceptionally warm for summer and at night the air was pretty cold and damp in the woods but I didn't find the bag was providing me with much insulation and warmth at all. I had to resort to wearing a light insulated jacket and longjohns with socks just to stay tolerably warm. That said, I did use it one night in Wales a month ago with a bivvy bag under a tarp on a wet night and I slept very well. So either the bivvy bag provided extra insulation or the woods were colder than the Welsh field (quite possibly). Also, using it in a tent at around the same time I did find I was warmer even though wind chill wouldn't have been an issue anyway.

It does pack very small - you need literally to stuff it a handful at a time into the bag rather than trying to roll it into a neat roll - and it also seems durable. I don't think it suffers much from being compressed as the fill is very minimal in the first place. The mosquito net also has the potential to be pretty useful and there is an additional cord to draw it closer around your shoulders as well as the hood itself.

I've based this review on quite particular conditions but my feeling is that although it has some good features the downside of the bag is that it isn't versatile enough to cope with a range of temperatures, even in the summer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rob Brereton, 22 May 2013
This review is from: Snugpak Travelpak Lite Red Left Handed Sleeping Bag
Great piece of kit.used it on the south downs in a tent for a couple of nights. Temp dropped to about 7 degrees C and was perfectly warm although I was wearing some light clothing.
Had no trouble getting it back into its compression sack as other reviews had reported. Great piece of kit very light and compact, wouldn't recommend it for cold weather though.

4.0 out of 5 stars A+ delivery, 25 Jun 2013
This review is from: Snugpak Travelpak Lite Red Left Handed Sleeping Bag
Paid for standard delivery, arrived the next day! Very impressed by the dispatch speed.

Sleeping bag is exactly as advertised. Haven't had a chance to try it out yet, but will definitely serve it's purpose as a light fair weather sleeping bag.

4.0 out of 5 stars Compact - ideal for above 15 degrees, 12 Aug 2014
This review is from: Snugpak Travelpak Lite Red Left Handed Sleeping Bag
Very compact sleeping bag. Wouldn't recommend for below 15 degrees. I bought a fleece liner to use with it.

4.0 out of 5 stars travelpak lite, 26 July 2011
This review is from: Snugpak Travelpak Lite Red Left Handed Sleeping Bag
I'm extremely please with this item, exactly what I needed for my trek in Oct. It is truly light weight and packed away into a small parcel. Although I've yet to test it out, the full functional advantages proclaimed by its manufacturer, I shall do so after my trip. Hope it will then be scored highly.

Snugpak Travelpak Lite Red Left Handed Sleeping Bag