5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Add on for your PSP - It really is a SatNav!
Published on 12 July 2008 by PSN:RobsonRudd XBL: Robson Rudd

1.0 out of 5 stars No Prospect of Map Upgrades?
If I were you, I'd make absolutely certain before buying Go!Explore that Sony is going to offer map updates. There have been no updates to the UK map since I bought it a couple of years ago, and a quick search on a PlayStation community forum found Sony employees suggesting that none is planned.
Published on 21 Mar 2011 by FitzMac

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Add on for your PSP - It really is a SatNav!, 12 July 2008
This review is from: Sony Go! Explore (PSP) (Accessory)
I bought this one in a major UK high street store two weeks ago and have been very impressed with the results. After a bit of getting used to it works as well as any other Sat Nav I have used. The device to attach it to your windscreen is sturdy and fully adjustable; it picks the signal up very quickly and has a variety of routes to choose from (economical, fastest etc). Navigation of the software using the PSP controls is easy, typing addresses using the on screen keyboard is a joy; the predictive software is logical and fast. Personally I have never liked the touch screen sat navs so the use of the D-Pad and other PSP buttons is a functional plus point for me. Once your route is selected there are a host of bonuses - seek out nearest petrol stations, shops, bars, places of interest - its like a mini tourist focused yellow pages coming along for the trip!

Drawbacks? Well yes - the built in speaker is pretty quite in my car so I have to use the headphone socket to feed the sound to my Cars stereo system - not ideal but it works very well.

I have not tested it on foot - the 3D maps look great but I don't fancy wandering the streets with mp PSP and Sat Nav gizmo on full display!

Conclusion - for the 100 or so outlay you are getting the functionality of a 200 plus Sat Nav with some small drawbacks (Sound, Size when on Foot). These drawbacks aside I am delighted with the purchase.

1.0 out of 5 stars No Prospect of Map Upgrades?, 21 Mar 2011
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Sony Go! Explore (PSP) (Accessory)

4.0 out of 5 stars By no means a bad GPS, but Sony. what's with the price???, 5 Aug 2008
This review is from: Sony Go! Explore (PSP) (Accessory)
I bought this add on for the PSP so that I could watch films during my frequent trips to Spain and have a ready-to-go Sat Nav when I got there.

The Sat Nav function performs perfectly fine despite a slight delay initially whilst the Go Explore software works out your curent location and which satellites to use. Some reviews have criticised the amount of time this process takes however, I have found very few other Sat Nav devices which operate any faster. Locating destinations is very straightforward and the route planner works everything out for you seemlessly.

Map detail is pretty much spot on - very easy to follow. One way streets and speed limits are clearly indicated, and all driving actions are called out well in advance of any manoeuvres.

The only gripe I have with this product is the price. A top of the line, dedicated Sat Nav may cost you around 150. I imagine the bulk of that price might go to the actual hardware. In the case of Go Explore you already have the hardware, so why the price tag of 100???

In conclusion, this is a perfectly fine Sat Nav with some interesting features. Whether you think your money is better spent on a dedicated machine - I'll leave that up to you. Personally, having one device that plays music, and films on the flight, and gets me to my hotel in my hire car when I get there makes this the right device for me.

4.0 out of 5 stars To Go! or not to Go! That is the question, 12 April 2010
S. J. Ward "Stephen" (Wales, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sony Go! Explore (PSP) (Accessory)
I was very wary about getting this after a mix of reviews with some for and some against. After I bought it I tried out some simple routes which I know with the back of my hand, and I was very impressed. I've now done about 5 or 6 different trips to different places using this, and it's pretty much 100% accurate. I am very impressed and would recommend it to someone.

Pro's:
------
1) seems to be very accurate with the roads around the UK
2) if you go out of range of a GPS signal (i.e. go into a tunnel) it picks it up fairly quickly to locate where you are.
3) has a good function for redirecting you if you take a wrong turning.

Cons:-
------
1) sometimes the sunlight makes the display on the psp a little difficult to read - however I am normally able to see the left hand side of the screen which gives you the next action (i.e. round-about, turn left after 'x' miles)
2) I've got mine set up as miles and yards on the screen, but the voice reads in metres and kilometres

Overall I'm impressed with my purchase. Just to note that the maps are correct as of 2008, so although they are pretty accurate, sometimes the road structure has changed. The one I have come across a couple of times is where a roundabout has been changed to a traffic light junction, but if the command is to take the second exit, common sense is probably more applicable. Most roads don't really change anyway (the motorways in particular).

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Satnav and very quick!!, 8 Nov 2012
This review is from: Sony Go! Explore (PSP) (Accessory)
The PSP for me has been the best thing since sliced bread, I've been a long term user since 2005 I mean it's been with me all over the world and I'm really not going to give it up lightly even if the Vita has now taken it's place, but this is not review about how good the PSP is because people reading this will no doubt be a user and already know that.

I bought this satnav bundle back when it first launched in 2007 (uk) and have used it ever since, at the time I was using a nokia 6630 with TomTom 5 but I was getting really annoyed with Bluetooth gps dropouts and the whole Symbian hanging issues and reboot's that Symbian devices had because it would always do it at the most inconsiderate times lol...I heard Sony where releasing a satnav for the psp so with me being a PSP fanboy and thinking about how much better it might be on that huge screen I had to buy it.

So how does it perform?...honestly? well lets put it bluntly it's fantastic for a start the package comes with a proper GPS that you plug into the PSP usb slot and can fold it over if you wish, you get an official sony charger, plus a cradle that is so sturdy you could use it to prop up the car with if you ever had a flat Tyre and of course it can hold the different variations of psp, 1000, 2000 and 3000 which is good forward thinking, the system it's self is brilliant to say the least ok ok there maybe no more map updates but a bit of common sense really needs to come in here which some people don't have in this day and age because they are too reliant on their satnavs to get it 100% right when really no satnav is ever going to be that, if you ever came to a dead end or something that isn't being shown on your screen map then turn around or go up a different road etc because it will just reroute you with in a blink of an eye, heck the new tomtom's still doesn't account for some roundabouts and one way streets so you really cant put this as a downer for this map version, in all honesty I use this satnav all over the country and even in 2012 it's rare it will not account for a roundabout or dead ends.

The thing I like most about this satnav is it has introduced to me to the world of coordinates which is something I use all the time now because it's so accurate when used in conjunction with Google earth, if I go anywhere now I always type the postcode into Google earth and find the building or place I want to go to, I get the coordinates and put them into the Sony satnav and it will always get me there spot on, which was such a blessing when I had to get to a particular car park in Glasgow that was in the middle of no where, so this is a great feature and has saved me so much heart ache and augments with the wife when trying to find some where awkward, the also the features of this system include, demo tour, postcode navigation, lane assistance, POI near you, saved favorites, roundabout guidance, speed limits, car speed, the ability to add pins in the map and save them as favorites plus you can explore your route in 3d using the along stick which is handy if you want to see what you will be coming up against in major city's when 3d building start appearing on the map like London etc, again such a nice feature and with it being the psp it's mighty smooth.

So to sum this system up, if you have a psp and you need a satnav then this is the way to go, it's now very cheap and ideal for folk on a tight budget who want a decent system that get's you there, I still use mine and will continue to do so for as long as I can.

1.0 out of 5 stars No map updates!!!, 17 Mar 2012
K. Moran "Neon Anderson" (Manchester, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sony Go! Explore (PSP) (Accessory)
Well, I bought this product back when they launched it in Belgium at a local retailer.

But now a few years later, there has not been a single map update and I even purchased the US and some other Europe maps on top!

I am quite annoyed obviously due to the complete lack of map updates, driving around on 2008 or however old those maps are, is useless now in 2012. Most roads in most countries have changed quite a bit during that time, heck even motorways!

5.0 out of 5 stars PSP- SATNAV, 29 May 2011
This review is from: Sony Go! Explore (PSP) (Accessory)
Great SAT-NAV but the maps that come with the device have no updates. Sony has not realised any updates for it for a VERY long time. So new road, dead ends & sometimes take you to the wrong place around the UK.

5.0 out of 5 stars A good product, 11 April 2014
This review is from: Sony Go! Explore (PSP) (Accessory)
I have tried this product in my car and it works just fine good pictures clear map no problems at all.
I would recommend this item.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast delivery - brilliant product, 14 Mar 2013
R. Acraman - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sony Go! Explore (PSP) (Accessory)
Bought two of these (one for a present - can't go wrong at this price !) as they turn your PSP into a sat nav in the UK and with a bit of tweaking into a very cheap world-wide gps utilizing the latest google maps. Fast delivery and well packed makes the icing on the cake.

5.0 out of 5 stars great value, 12 Jan 2013
This review is from: Sony Go! Explore (PSP) (Accessory)
excellent value even if the maps are old and unable to update still gets you where you need to go one of the cheapest sat navs outthere

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›
ARRAY(0x9cd81eac)

Sony Go! Explore (PSP)
Sony Go! Explore (PSP) by Sony (Sony PSP)
76.15