Format: DVD|Change

on 30 September 2010
I'd become pretty unfit and a long exercise session just seemed too daunting, so I was looking for something fun and enjoyable that I couldn't kid myself I didn't have time to do. And this DVD hasn't let me down.

It's fairly easy to follow, and the instructor is enthusiastic without being over the top. In each of the 5 separate sections, she guides you through 2 mini routines which she then puts together at the end of the 10 minutes. You find yourself saying "oh I'll just do another one" because the steps are really enjoyable. Most days I look forward to doing it and even if I don't feel like doing it, as soon as I start the DVD and hear the music I just can't help joining in!

I think pretty much anyone could do this, but if that makes it sound like it's boring - it's not! It just means that the fitter you are the more energy you can put into it from the start. I'd highly recommend it and I'm already looking for my next 10 Minute Solution.
on 13 June 2009
This routine is difficult to follow she doesn't go through and repeat the steps like other dvd routines. The instructor goes through the routine far too quickly I was falling over my feet trying to keep up. Although she is extremely enthusiastic I really wanted to enjoy the workout. I'm a beginner and have recently started to use dance workouts and have wasted money on dvds that are too difficult or too easy. Although its been a learning experience in finding the right workout for me. I recommend dance off the inches by Camilla Dallerup its a good fun workout for beginners.
on 9 March 2011
I really enjoy Latin dancing, so I was quite excited to buy this DVD.

The DVD is part of the '10 minute workout' series. All the DVDs in this series comprise of 5 x 10 min workouts that you can do singly or in any combination. I pick 3 routines for a 30 min workout although you could do more or less.

The presenter is likeable and the routines are fun. The choreography is not very complicated, although it might take a few attempts at it by people not familiar with salsa-style steps. The presenter breaks everything down for you, though, so don't worry if you've got two left feet.

The one part of the DVD I was disappointed with was the music, which isn't really Latin at all. As Latin music is kind of the point with Latin dancing, I don't understand this decision at all (the music is mostly electronica). Based on some of the presenter's comments I have often wondered whether the DVD we're buying here in the UK is different to the DVD as sold in America. I have no idea if this is the case, though and, in any case, doesn't actually help solve the problem.

Overall, however, I enjoy the DVD and find it is a fun workout that provides a welcome break from aerobics.
on 17 September 2009
I find this DVD good fun, I especially like the "Fat Burning Cha Cha" section: if carried out properly and "high impact", using the arms and the hips as required, the heart rate goes up and it also makes you sweat a bit.
(Having said that, I must add that I'm not superfit but not too bad either).
Probably it's not suitable for people who are not into Latin dance at all, because without knowing a few fundamentals like the salsa or cha cha basic steps it could be a bit hard to follow, but if you like Latin rhythms like myself, I think you would enjoy this.
There are a couple of sections that I haven't managed to follow because I get lost after a short while, especially the "Tango Toning Twist", but maybe after trying a few times I will manage.
Actually this is the only down side, that it takes a while to learn the routines, but I must say that I'm a bit slow at memorising routines so in my opinion anyone who normally enjoys small coreographies more than me will find it easier.
I recommend this DVD, it's good fun and it's good for flexibility and elasticity as well, without being devastating.
on 31 December 2008
At 1st ... I got really frustrated and found the first 3 work-outs hard to follow. I think the best Work out on here is the Merenge ... Its easy to follow and works up a real sweat!
But the other ones you may need to watch a few times before you can actually follow.
on 5 June 2009
This is my favourite of all the 10 minute solution DVDs. I only wish she did another one as I know all the routines off by heart. The Latin dance is great and easy and you forget you're exercising. A definite must for busy women.
on 27 November 2009
This DVD is fun if you want a light workout. It will irritate you if you are already a dancer. I do loads of salsa, chacha, tango etc and you see none of this in the DVD. The music isn't great. But if you forget all that and just want to prance around your living room then this is the one for you!
on 29 December 2012
I love this DVD as the dance moves are tricky at first but manageable. I have got to the stage now where I know it inside out so have decided to put it away for a while so that I don't get too bored of the same routines. But as a cardio work out it is great - all 5 sections are manageable in one go but you'll work up a real sweat and be exhausted and satisfied by the end. The instructor is friendly and gives good instructions (but perhaps doesn't shut up throughout, which I don't mind but some may find annoying.) The sexy salsa moves make you feel great and are fun to do. Would definitely reccomend this product! I noticed a difference particularly in my legs, bum and tum. Upper body not so much.
on 21 April 2011
I have just done this workout DVD for the first time. A definite plus is each dance workout only lasts ten minutes, so you can either do the dances that suit or the whole DVD for a more intense workout. The negative is that because each segment is only brief, there isn't much time for the different moves and steps to be properly explained, so unless you have great rythm and co-ordination, the chances are it'll take several attempts before you get the hang of even the basic steps (or maybe it's just me!!).
on 1 March 2011
This dvd would be good if the basic dance steps were shown a little slower and more precisely. I still use it but have not got to grips with the basic steps.