4.0 out of 5 stars Quite easy and lots of fun
Published on 16 Nov 2008 by M.M. Meyers

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun but not taxing
Published on 7 May 2009 by chillinb

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun but not taxing, 7 May 2009
This review is from: 10 Minute Solution - Fat Blasting Latin Dance Mix [DVD] (DVD)
I found some of the moves difficult to copy exactly as the camera shots are not always very helpful. Furthermore easy movements are described slowly, whereas the more complex movements are demonstrated faster - although I appreciate that there is a lot that needs to be packed in when a workout is only 10 minutes long. However if you do the whole lot the 50 minutes does go extremely quickly as it is quite fun.
I do some form of exercise every day, but as I am 2 or 3 stone overweight, I do not consider myself to be especially fit. This workout does not tax me. Towards the end of the 50 mins, I feel it slightly in my legs and knees (I wouldnt recommend it if you have dodgy knees), but my pulse is not overly raised and I am not out of breath.

4.0 out of 5 stars Quite easy and lots of fun, 16 Nov 2008
The dance workout in this DVD is very easy to follow and really not exhausting so it is a good workout for days you feel less fit or tired.... I often do this DVD the day after a harder workout, because at the same time you are doing some sports but your are not overburding your body. And what's more is that this dance workout is lots of fun. I love the latin music and the trainer is quite likeable and spreads a lot of positive energy and fun... this workout just makes you wanna move your hips and dance. Though I prefer tougher workouts I felt great after doing these fifeetn minutes of dancing. But there are is no stretching included in this DVD so you really should do some of your own after you're finished!

1.0 out of 5 stars Not clear!!, 19 Jan 2009
Have done quite a few workouts and taken quite a few dancing classes including salsa and found this DVD not at all clear. The steps were not easy to follow even though i knew a few of them to start which i found annoying and therefore was not an effective workout! So do NOT buy if you're a beginner and really avoid if looking for a decent workout!!

4.0 out of 5 stars I love it!, 16 May 2008
Isis (Cambridge, UK) - See all my reviews
I've tried some of the other 10 minute solutions before, but have never found one as fun as this. I bought it thinking it would be fun to change my routine and when I put it on, I had to do the whole 50 minute workout because I was enjoying myself so much. A brilliant workout for people who want to have a great time!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good!, 10 Aug 2009
Marina Pimenova (Essex, England.) - See all my reviews
The movement of these dances are simple and easy to pick up. These workouts are not for those who are expecting hard work. They are for fun and easy exercising. I do them when I don't feel like doing my usual The Firm workouts but still want to do some easy and pleasant moves. Good for those who love dancing and easy exercising.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not good music and boring, 6 May 2010
Mrs. M. E. Ramirez Sanchez (England) - See all my reviews
The music has nothing to do with the steps.I really expected something trully latin to listen to while dancing, but the music is terrible. I am deeply disappointed.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not very clear, 5 Feb 2010
After getting all mixed up reading positive and negative reviews on workout DVD's I decided to go for a pack of three 10 Minute Solution ones so that I could try a bit of everything. I got this one which I tried this morning, the Target Toning for Beginners and the Blast Off Belly Fat. I am not in need of losing weight but I do need to get rid of a bit of belly fat and get toned. At 52 with three adult daughters your body is not perfect anymore!

These are my first DVD's of this kind. I have to say that I had a good workout. At the end of the 50 minutes I was really sweating, so much so that my hair was wet even though I was wearing very little and the heating was not on (it is quite cold here right now....). But I found most exercises rather difficult to follow if you are not used to this kind of DVD's. Maybe later on it will all be easier. I did quite a bit of Ballroom dancing in the past and the teacher used to show the steps a few times without music, then we would do them with him, only when everybody was clear about the whole thing the music would be turned on. I find that these DVD's probably try to do everything quite fast in order to save space but the many complaints I read about them being difficult to follow (almost all the DVD's) makes me think that this would be the better approach.

I found the last 10 minutes easier because the steps were less complicated. For the rest part of the time I was doing something similar but surely not the correct steps, especially when the lady does the whole dance. I have Jason Vale's trampolining DVD and the first part is dedicated to trying out all the moves which are explained quite clearly. That works best..... I find workout DVD's are worth the money spent on them as one is more motivated to keep on going than if one was exercising on one's own (I was impressed how quickly 50 minutes went by...) but there needs to be some changes made in the way they are set up. That said I found the exercise room rather bare, I would have liked to have seen a more inviting place. It is not very important but it would be more inspiring. Also sometimes the lady would say jump while one was still doing something else, very confusing. I will try the other two and let you know what I think!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 5 Jun 2009
K. Duerden (England) - See all my reviews
This is my favourite of all the 10 minute solution DVDs. I only wish she did another one as I know all the routines off by heart. The Latin dance is great and easy and you forget you're exercising. A definite must for busy women.

4.0 out of 5 stars fun times, 2 Mar 2009
as i've done lots of latin dancing till a couple of years ago, i chose this one as one of my first workout dvd's to get back in form.
i didn't have too many problems following the moves first way round, but i can imagine inexperienced people to struggle a little bit.
after getting more familiar with it i must say that i find it very fun and the instructor is very motivating - in a funny way.
the moves are quite fun themselves, too and i don't mind doing it over and over again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun, no pressure exercising!, 10 April 2009
C.C. (Wiltshire, UK) - See all my reviews
I've never got on with fitness videos but thought I would try this one as I had recently taken up salsa dancing and thought this would at least keep my attention. I'm so glad I did! It's great fun and doesn't even feel like you're doing an exercise video. The instructor goes over each dance step several times and gradually build it up from a simple movement to a full on Latin dance move. There is no pressure to get it first time or keep up!!
I've been doing it for about 2 months now and have definitely lost at least an inch or two off my hips & thighs. I think I might try the kick-boxing one next!!

10 Minute Solution - Fat Blasting Latin Dance Mix [DVD]