5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Amazing Amazing!
How the hell does he keep doing it!?! I've been a huge fan of NIN ever since PHM way back in 1991 when I was 21 years old; that album just hit all the right places for me, it sounded different and exciting, it stood out from everything else and became my music. Down through the years I've grown older with each album release and every time I've been surprised and...
Published on 10 Mar. 2008 by Lacloake

3.0 out of 5 stars Perfect mood music
I'll start by saying straight away that this won't be everyone's cup of tea. But if it is then this really is a great album.

Obviously it's all instrumental, and the tracks are all around two minutes in length. The tracks flit between slow, ambient pieces to harder, industrial tunes, but somehow they all flow very nicely together.

Ultimately, this...
Published on 7 Aug. 2008 by M. A. Smith

4.0 out of 5 stars Even closer to God, 31 Mar. 2008
This review is from: Ghosts I-IV (Audio CD)
This was a unexpected release and like any surprises I am welcoming it with delight. Reznor is a genius and NIN brand new album only confirms his prodigy. Unlike many albums, Ghost is all instrumental, 36 songs that will transport you to worlds you did not know.
With Ghost, Trent also challenged himself by releasing the album for download nearly a month ago and guess what the first 9 tracks are absolutly FREE and in high quality.
For the rest I will let Trent reznor speak for himself
Trent Reznor explains, "I've been considering and wanting to make this kind of record for years, but by its very nature it wouldn't have made sense until this point. This collection of music is the result of working from a very visual perspective - dressing imagined locations and scenarios with sound and texture; a soundtrack for daydreams. I'm very pleased with the result and the ability to present it directly to you without interference. I hope you enjoy the first four volumes of Ghosts."
Believe me, not only you will enjoy it but it will soon become your perfect drug.

5.0 out of 5 stars Woah..., 17 Mar. 2008
This review is from: Ghosts I-IV (Audio CD)
I haven't heard Ghosts II, III or IV, having only downloaded Ghosts I so far. So, bearing in mind that I've not heard the complete album...

It is amazing. Each song brings something new to the sound, whilst still remaining in keeping with the feel of the album.

The only album that I would both download and buy. If only I had the money...

Best track: Don't make me choose, they're all good in thier own way
Worst track: the silence that comes in between the album finishing and starting again.

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 2 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Ghosts I - Iv [VINYL] (Vinyl)
The package was a little damaged

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply beautiful., 20 April 2008
Persepolis (England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Ghosts I-IV (Audio CD)
Not, by any means, music you can just sit down and focus on. The perfect soundtrack to read a book to, ponder life to, do anything to.
Unexpected, yet still true to himself. Trent Reznor is doing what he wants. A big middle finger to the record industry.

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 20 April 2008
This review is from: Ghosts I-IV (Audio CD)
When I initially heard Reznor was to release a double album of instrumental music, I was seriously excited. I hurriedly snapped up 'Ghosts I-IV', fully expecting an immersive ambient/noise masterpiece to rival Justin Broadrick's astonishing Final '3'. What I got instead was something akin to Fugazi's 'Instrument Soundtrack' - a jumbled collection of demos and backing tracks with only curiosity value and precious little replay appeal. If these song fragments pointed in some exciting new direction then this could have been a worthwhile release, but there's nothing here that wasn't already covered better within proper tracks on the stunning left half of 'The Fragile'. Even the title smacks of hubris; there is no discernable thematic difference between these four alleged movements, and the tracks seem thrown together in random order. As ever with Trent, it's not possible to call this a terrible album, but it's definitely far from his strongest work. Hopefully 'Ghosts I-IV' is merely a blip rather than a sign of artistic freedom going to the great man's head - NIN are too good to go the way of Radiohead et al.

5.0 out of 5 stars Trent does it again, 14 Mar. 2008
This review is from: Ghosts I-IV (Audio CD)
This is the firt time I have ever reviewed anything! but this album deserves it. I am by no means a major NIN fan I own everything. But this is simply SUBLIME buy it treat your ears, your heart and soul. it does everything he set out to do, Trent says that this is a work of what is infact sujestetion and of daydreams he is right it creats feelings inside you that other music simply can't. Buy the album then buy the rest of his back catalogue. AS one peice of advice Nine Inch Nails and more importantly Trent Reznor are the best thing top live since Mozart or Beethovan!

Ghosts I-IV
Ghosts I-IV by Nine Inch Nails (Audio CD - 2008)