5.0 out of 5 stars Bringing the best out in your relationship
Published on 13 Jan. 2010 by Mr. N. C. Morgan

3.0 out of 5 stars Pocket size copy
Quite a handy little book to read and gives you something to think about. However it is a hard back pocket size version which I wasn't aware of so I didn't get as much detail as I would have liked.
Published 3 months ago by Mrs Storey

5.0 out of 5 stars Bringing the best out in your relationship, 13 Jan. 2010
Mr. N. C. Morgan (Wales UK) - See all my reviews
This an excellent resource for any couple wanting to make their relationship even better. It not only helps you understand how you like to be shown love, but helps you understand how to love your partner in ways they'll really appreciate. Believe me, it's a real eye-opener. If you don't have the time or patience to read the book together, this audio version is a great alternative. It's broken up into manageable sections so you don't have to listen to it all at once. My wife and I have found it so good, we've bought it for family and friends.

4.0 out of 5 stars A small book with a big impact, 2 Sept. 2010
The full version book was recommended to me by a friend who was really enthusiastic about it. I bought the small book instead because I thought it would be easier to carry with me in my bag and read when I have time. It was perfect for that and also because it was the short version it was also easy to read. I finished it in one day, I loved it and found it very useful. For people who are busy I think that they should pick the small one. They can get all the information they need but in a more synthesised version. Also for people who are not sure weather to buy the full version one I do believe that reading "The Heart of The Five Languages of Love" will give them a good idea on what to expect in "The Five Languages of Love". This small book did not spoil my enthusiasm for the other one.

4.0 out of 5 stars Insightful Gem, 2 Oct. 2009
I loved this book. Simple and to the point.
For anyone wanting an insightful, refreshing understanding of the various ways we are able to love and have better relationships, this is the read!

5.0 out of 5 stars Feeling unloved? Read this book, 3 Mar. 2010
Lena Leigh Bretz (Stavanger, Norway) - See all my reviews
Do you want to feel loved? Do you want your spouse and kids to feel loved, too? This is the book for you! Very easy to read with illustrating stories that get you thinking. The advice given is sound and easy to apply to your life situation. I think many marriages and relationships could be saved by understanding what your love language is and what your partner's love language is.

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful, 23 Feb. 2010
I received this book as a present one year and every since have been giving it as gifts to all my friends. Taught me a lot of things - an open mind needed and should not necessarily be taken as a religious book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 9 Oct. 2012
This book radically changed the way I understood love. It explains there are 5 different ways we accept/give love. Acts of service (doing practical things, IE, Ironing) Telling the person we love them, giving gifts (I like!!) physical affection and one more.

And we each have a different way of both showing love and how we need to receive it.

Explains why some people feel unloved, because although the other person thinks they are loving, they are loving the way THEY need love! Once we understand our needs and how others needs work, and commit to doing it that way, lives change radically.

I brought this book after I was changed by the 5 languages of Apology (Also recommend along with this book).

Married couples should read this before and after marriage.

ANY relationship, even acquaintances, will be revolutionized by the truths in this book.

Well written, with personal testimonies and practical suggestions.

Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars every couple should have one, 1 April 2011
P. Whiting (Liverpool UK) - See all my reviews
I have given away every copy I've bought so far! This is an abridged version of the full book, but gives enough info to provoke conversation, changes and improvements to communicating your love to each other.
PS married 27 years but still a lot to learn.

5.0 out of 5 stars This should be compulsory reading for every couple, 18 Sept. 2010
S. Stone - See all my reviews
This book is an easy read. It's short, simple and to the point. It gives a fascintating insight in to how we all tick and is a must for anyone who loves someone else so that we can learn to better show our love to them in all sorts of ways.

4.0 out of 5 stars NOT the full version, 15 Jan. 2015
This is the abridged version - the front covers for the full version and abridged version look VERY similar. I like the theory but the full version delves deeper and is more of a satisfying read than this version. However, I'll keep this as it fits into my pocket for some nice reading material!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Ive read!!, 21 Aug. 2013
This review is from: The Heart of the 5 Love Languages (Abridged Gift-Sized Version) (Kindle Edition)
Im divorced and whilst I have no wish to be back with my ex, far from it, my current relationship has been helped beyond words with this book, forget relate er al buy this, worth its weight! In going to give this as a gift to all my future clients...im a wedding planner & believe in the dream!