4.0 out of 5 stars omigosh!
The first half of this movie is Zulu meets Saving Private Ryan but with even more over the top pyrotechnics and the sort of stunt choreography you'd get in a Chinese Kung Fu epic, though nowhere near as fantastical. There's something about it that takes me back to the war movies from the 60s and 70s like The Big Red One or Cross of Iron. The film is set against the...
Published on 24 April 2008 by Clever Spud

3.0 out of 5 stars A film of 2 halves
For the most part, the first hour of the film is almost wall-to-wall action and features the best scenes of fighting i've seen from a war film. Seriously, it puts saving private ryan to shame. Blood everywhere, body parts blown off and high intensity violence. The war scenes are well directed it must be said and the violence is not done for shock value but rather to...
Published on 19 Dec 2008 by godzilla78

2.0 out of 5 stars Heavily over rated., 16 Oct 2008
A. Cresswell "Bubblefish777" (london, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Assembly [DVD] (DVD)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'm afraid my review for this item is incomplete because to be honest after 30 minutes I was totally ditracted. I found myself unable to concentrate or immerse myself in the film. The acting was wooden and the story seemed unable to follow a theme. Perhaps not one for the casual film buff but maybe one for the afficiado instead.

1.0 out of 5 stars The disc I was sent wasn't actually the film, 2 May 2008
This review is from: Assembly [DVD] (DVD)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Having read the description and watched some clips, I was ready to sit down for a good war movie. Unfortunately the disc I was sent was NOT the film but a succession of longer-length adverts (including, to add insult to injury, one for the film I was supposed to be watching). After the fifth such ad, I gave up as I was unwilling to have any more of my time wasted. If this is what the release DVD is like then I suspect there will be hordes of people wanting their money back. If instead this is a 'special' DVD for the Amazon Vine program, I thought the idea of such cut-down DVDs was to strip out all of the bonus features and other gumf to make it easier and quicker for reviewers to actually, ya know, review the film. Instead they stuffed the thing full of so much EXTRA gumf that I lost patience before the film even STARTED.

Assembly [DVD]
Assembly [DVD] by Feng Xiagang (DVD - 2008)
7.15