5.0 out of 5 stars Samsung LE32A436 TV
Published on 8 Nov. 2008 by Jim Simpson

3.0 out of 5 stars Good TV, Poor Freeview Receiver
The TV itself is very good, but its Freeview receiver is poor, reception that was rock solid on my £25 stand alone receiver is patchy & comes & goes. As one other review noted entire channels disappear (Dave for example). When I first got it, it picked up everything fairly well, now it can't even find Dave or E4+1. Then a day later it will pick them up.

If you...
Published on 15 Jan. 2009 by AJ

5.0 out of 5 stars Samsung LE32A436 TV, 8 Nov. 2008
Jim Simpson (Musselburgh, East Lothian United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Samsung LE32A436T - 32'' Widescreen HD Ready LCD TV - With Freeview (Electronics)
I've had this set 3 months now and I'm very happy with it: the price is about as good as I've seen. I bought it because it's been the Best Buy in several tech magazines for about a year. Simple set-up and excellent picture - sounds good, too. Remote could be a bit better: you can't use it by pressing a button as it sits on the table, you have to hold it in your other hand. Minor quibble. As usual the Amazon process was smooth and fast.

5.0 out of 5 stars Samsung 32" LCD TV with Freeview, 25 Sept. 2008
Mr. D. Coppin (Westbury,UK) - See all my reviews
Great sized tv,but incredibly light.Straight out of the box,4 screws for fixing the stand,plug into the wall,connect aerial,turn it on then let the tv do the rest!!has a very good slight twist so you can turn the tv to face you without moving the base.loads of connection points for dvd,sky,music center,dab,and useful connections for watching camaras,or games consoles that connect from the front, so no pulling out tv to access the back.
I`m telling you,for this money,you`ve got it all!!!Did i say the picture and sound was terrific to,with loads of tweaks if you choose to.

5.0 out of 5 stars Samsung LE32A436T, 4 Jan. 2009
Mr. D. P. Swinfen "veloce23" (England) - See all my reviews
My ageing Bush 28-inch CRT has annoyed me ever since Teletext decided to update the software on the Freeview menu and render it next to useless, so it seemed a great excuse to head into town and go and finance a new set. I was concerned initially that a 720-DPI TV might be in some way a halfway house that would need replacing with a full HD set in a mere 12 months time, but after doing my research I realised that a good progressive-scan 720-DPI set is almost a match for a larger non-progressive-scan 1080 set.

32 inch is a key screen size, in terms of both price point and screen performance. There are several manufacturer's who offer screens of this size for under £400 retail, so your choice is far from limited. Like many buyers, I was toying with the idea of going unbranded and aiming at around £300, but these bargain-basement sets offer poor contrast ratios and less than concrete residual values when it comes time to upgrade in the future. Do not be tempted by these win-free-save alternatives. Take my advice and spend a little more.

Samsung's Slovakian-made 32" model offers a very attractive piano-effect black surround, a well-regarded 32" high-contrast screen and 10-watts a side Tru-Surround audio output. It also has the de rigeur twin HDMI connections for those crucial Xbox and Upscaler DVD toys. The screen has been noted for it's quality in several user reviews so far, and it is just as impressive as it's reputation suggests. The only drawback is that it's refresh rate cannot match similar priced rivals such as LG's 32" TVs, but this is nothing more than a tiny annoyance, and a small price to pay for Samsung's class-leading colour definition and image balance. Dark areas are solid, colours bold and lines are razor sharp, and the 336 never seems caught out by an image that outfoxes it.

The thing that will probably blow you away more than any other is the audio quality. Trusurround emphasises the higher frequency sound carrier information to the centre of the stereo picture in a similar way to the centre channel on a good Pro-Logic 5.1 system. Despite the lack of on-paper power, this will knock your socks off with it's spread of harmonics and focus of soundstage. It has truly made me question the necessity of adding a 5.1 speaker system to the set.

In terms of user-friendliness, the only thing that counts against it is the slow speed at which the Freeview menu and channels operate, but apart from this the set allows for easy operation and a clear, concise menu system.

All in all this is a fantastic and complete package, not only at this price point, but also several notches above. Samsung's HD-ready range has won many fans, not to mention many awards in the last twelve months. It is easy to see, and hear, exactly why.

5.0 out of 5 stars You can't beat Samsung!, 14 Oct. 2008
C. Wood (London) - See all my reviews
This is the second Samsung I have bought this year and don't think you can beat them. I bought this for my mum as a birthday present on Wednesday, it arrived on Thursday and was so easy to carry, install and set up that she was enjoying a fantastic clear image within the hour. Just plug in, turn on and follow the onscreen instructions. It does all the searching for Freeview channels so quickly that we didn't even realise it had done it. You really can be a total technology novice and still do it yourself. It looks sleek, black and sexy and for the price is amazing value. I paid over £1000 for my own 42 inch Samsung about 9 months ago and although it is slightly nicer looking I think this one is a bargain. Don't hesitate to buy it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Spot on!!, 14 Oct. 2008
T. Emanuel (Oxford, UK) - See all my reviews
Arrived a few days ago and am so far really impressed with this tv. It could not be easier to set up (I'm not great at that sort of thing) and for the price it is a real bargain! I first tested it out on my old internal aerial and it worked well on that so if you are just getting it for your bedroom then it should be fine. I have now set it up on my virgin media package in the front room and it is great.

5.0 out of 5 stars samsung 32" lcd tv, 28 Oct. 2008
Ian Rae - See all my reviews
[[ASIN:B0015CBBB4 Samsung LE32A436T - 32'' Widescreen HD Ready LCD TV - With Freeview
I already have a samsung 19 lcd tv which is two years old and and extremely pleased with its appearance and performance. That I decided to purchase the series 4 version and the larger size of 32" Great Price at Amazon none of my local distributors could match it. Placed the order on Saturday morning and the delivery arrived 11-50 am Tuesday. All I had to do was unpack place the base on the table and the tv slotted straight in fixed four screws power lead and usb (not provided) and switched on and it self tuned in. great looking set, picture wonderful, would recommend any one to buy ]]

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Value and Service, 16 Jan. 2009
After doing quite a bit of research into HD TV's I decided to go for this one for the following reasons.
- I decided anything over 32" was too big for my living room. This is still quite a large screen and any bigger would look a bit stupid.
- I decided not to go for 1080p as I will be using this mainly for sky (which I don't have HD for) and PS3 for which most of the games are not in 1080p. Also aparently on a screen this size 1080p doesnt make too much difference as it is meant for the larger screens.
- Price - whilst this is not the cheapest screen available for this size, it is close and after reading excellent reviews from a number of sources I decided this was the perfect TV for me.
I received the TV within 24 hours of placing the order and setting it up was so so easy. Didn't even have to look at the instructions and usually I am a bit of a technophobe!
The picture is awesome and very easy to adjust to your standards, I found I had to increase the sharpness a lot from the factory settings to make writing on screen appear clear and sharp but now it looks awesome.
The only negative comment I could make is that it is not possible to adjust the angle at which the screen faces with it being pretty much vertical. My TV is on quite a low table so I might have liked to have tilted it back slightly but it still looks great and this is really not much of an issue.
In conclusion a great TV for the price, research what you want from your HD TV. Don't waste money on larger screens or resolutions unless you really need to.

5.0 out of 5 stars Samsung LE32A436T Review, 28 Oct. 2008
Wow - what can I say. After looking at a lot of TV's, me and my husband decided on this TV. It arrived at 9:50am the next morning and it was really easy to set up even with Sky. It looks good and the picture and sound are of a very high standard! This is a bargain tv for the price and it is better than some of the more expensive ones that our friends and family have. Buy it now and with free delivery you couldn't ask for more!

5.0 out of 5 stars Trish, 8 Nov. 2008
Patricia Cooke "Trish" (Manchester) - See all my reviews
Bought this Samsung tv on 28/10/08 and we are highly delighted with it so far, a slight problem first time tuning as it didn't say 'do you want to auto tune' like other models l've had it just said 'plug and play' and had to ring Samsung to find out what it meant so if anyone buying Samsung tvs just follow the 'plug and play' as it means first time tuning in. Pat form Manchester

4.0 out of 5 stars Great good value TV, 15 Nov. 2008
I bought this TV because of the price, reviews and Samsung reputation. Really happy with it, as mentioed, it's very light, and incredibly simple to set up- with a samsung blu-ray player it's a doddle with no long winded button pressing sequence to watch a film.

And there's the 4 rather than 5 stars- picture and audio with blu-ray or dvd is fantastic, but the audio from a TV signal is poor- there's no warmth or depth to it, and it is still sat next to the sony 28" crt it's replacing and the difference is a real shame. I've been through all the menus and set up "custom" sound but it's still nowhere near good with TV.

Happy to hear any suggestions, but so far a 4/5.