on 29 January 2016
A cult classic from the late 80's- Great to view again!
VINE VOICEon 9 August 2008
...it never totally lives up to the memories. That isnt a bad thing, but with 22 episodes to plough through, at least you have the luxury of skipping some of the weaker moments. I'll explain below.

It loses a star simply cause most of season 1 isnt much cop, and admittedly (check out the extras), is self indulgent, which is reflected in sketches going on for far too long on many occasions. John sparkes' stuff was always funny, probably cause most of it relied of a lot of physical comedy. Its also remarkable how he's the oldest of the lot and yet seems remarkably well preserved, with the youngest of them - Jack Docherty- looking like he's really gone to seed (again, check out the extras).

Most of the episodes, which I remember catching regularly in the early 90's, have moments of eye watering hilarity, but then are also coupled with some unecessary material. Maybe its just me being a bit picky, but then perhaps i expected the standard to be pretty devastating throughout. Ah nostalgia isnt what it used to be etc..

Well worth checking out for the extras (over 2 hours of very watchable stuff) and seasons 2 to 4 alone.
on 11 December 2015
As described, prompt delivery
on 22 December 2015
As described, many thanks.
on 20 May 2008
This show was a cracker! No-one I know has seen it (even the comedy obsessives) and it is still considerably better than most of the junk coming out today. I would have bought it just for the Denzyl/Gwynnyd bits because they were always my favourites...Welsh Unarmed Hitting!
Gwynnyd "Don't talk about the man I love that way...he's everything you're not"
Denzyl "Well, I'm not a pile of sick on the carpet"
on 17 November 2015
Item as described
on 1 August 2012
For many moons, my family have asked me what this meant, and now, at last, I can show them.

I'll be singing 'Big Words, Incredibly Big Words' for weeks now!

Easily the funniest thing I have ever watched on TV - many happy memories of crying with laughter at John Sparkes refusing anaesthetic, the angry Scotsman bemoaning Englands world cup draws, and of course "we've gone electric!".

Outstanding - not to be missed.
on 1 May 2008
After years of watching a worn out vido, this long awaited DVD is finally here. What is described as a underrated comedy series does seem to have a lot of fans out there and this is not a surprise as this has to be the defining comedy of the early 90's. If you are a fan you won't need telling twice to buy this, and if you have never heard of of Stoneybridge or Frank Hovis, then get you money out now and sit back to enjoy!
on 9 May 2008
This was one of my favourite comedy series of the 80's/90's. The racist scotsman was my favourite, but agree with others here, this passed a lot of people by, no-one i know has even heard of it, a total travesty of comedy justice!
on 15 June 2008
Absolutely Is one of the greatest Brittish shows the second one Is Monty Python.These shows take me way back to when I was a young kid.I used to watch this show on channel four with my mum.
Good memories.