5.0 out of 5 stars Eureka!
After having bought three or four of what always looks like the same product and had them break on me fairly quickly, this one just about looked different enough to temp me to buy it. and I haven't been disappointed.
Published 18 months ago by Major Bumsore

3.0 out of 5 stars Works well good value but pity about the build-quality
This device is a very clever bit of engineering design. It's incredibly well thought out and appears to be capable of some pretty tough tasks.

Published on 1 Jan 2012 by Jeremy Prior

3.0 out of 5 stars Works well good value but pity about the build-quality, 1 Jan 2012
Jeremy Prior "ganok56" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rolson Tools 42514 Folding Hand Truck Cap.65kg, 42x48x99cm (DIY & Tools)

There were a few issues with mine (recently purchased). The black plastic catch that locks it in the open position had an incorrectly assembled spring mechanism - obviously an overlooked item at the factory. I had to force the spring to the outside edge of the locking catch so that it would self-secure as you open the handle. It was on the wrong side offering no spring action whatever. Without the spring functioning I had to force the catch to engage with the horizontal bar and this needed very strong pressure.

I bought this truck for my sister and she had considerable trouble opening it and applying the catch until I had moved the spring to its proper position and then lubricated the folding wheel and platform pivots to make it open and close without so much force. While I was lubing it with silicone spray I also gave a squirt to the wheel axles as they look like they could use a bit of slippery stuff to keep them free.

While adjusting the device to function properly I placed it in its folded state on our bamboo strip kitchen floor. Unfortunately protruding cross-head screw-heads and sharp un-finished edges on the metal parts beneath the folded truck seriously scratched my floor where I was working on it. You don't expect an item like this to have sharp protrusions on the bottom where you're likely to stand or store it. So I then covered the offending screw-heads with duck tape to smooth them off and then I slightly "filed" the sharp knife-edges of the folding chassis. This rendered it a great deal safer but I was cross that I should have to do that despite allowing for the low price of this item.

It will do a good job now that I've modified it and seems able to carry an amazing weight -considering that it hasn't got pneumatic tyres and only has plastic wheels.

I can recommend it to anyone because I'm sure it's potentially a very useful tool and does what it says on the box, but it's a rather poor build-quality and an even poorer factory inspection quality-control process. It was only through my own engineering knowledge that I could correct this item to make it easier and safer to use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Eureka!, 10 Feb 2013
The main problem with similar designs is that constant use weakens the metal where the handle joins the base and the addition of plastic sleeves only serves to put extra pressure on that point and the metal fatigues and gives up.
This design is slightly different in the way the shape disperses that pressure.
My one criticism is that it would be nice if the design could Incorporated a bit of extra height when extended, but this seems to be a standard height for this sort of design.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not sturdy and appalling customer service, 18 Jan 2013
I have bought this trolley less than 6 months ago. I used it with weights below 40kgs and the only time I transported a washing machine (around 60kg) one wheel broke (splitted in the middle). I contacted Rolson and never answered. Very poor quality and customer service.
Would not recommend this trolley. Better to go for a sack trolley, which most of the time can be compacted (removing handles bars or wheels), can carry weights over 100Kgs and you won't need to contact customer services because are sturdy.

1.0 out of 5 stars HAND TRUCK, 29 Jan 2011
ABSOLUTE RUBBISH,broke second time i used it, minus 1 i rate itRolson Tools 42514 Folding Hand Truck Cap.65kg, 42x48x99cm

4.0 out of 5 stars Light and easy does it!, 10 Sep 2009
This great value product made light work of lugging a full coolbox and three folding chairs for over a mile - up and down hill - to get the prime spot at the local air festival - four days running!

1.0 out of 5 stars VERY BAD, 22 Mar 2014
DON'T BUY AS YOU'LL WASTE YOUR MONEY.
I used ONCE to transport a 10 kg speaker and the wheel broke right away.
It should cost 5 not 30.
I had to put 1 start because you can't put 0.
Ridiculous !!

1.0 out of 5 stars Not satisfied with the product, 25 Feb 2014
Honestly,I was highly disappointed on this product.I ve made up my mind to make my purchase directly in the shop.I only put a box on the wheel and roll for about 80 metres and the two tyres collapes.How i wish it could be change for another products
JAMES

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the right size, 4 Aug 2013
This hand truck is very useful to me, being just the right size to go through narrow doorways, and down narrow garden stepps.

5.0 out of 5 stars Handy!, 14 April 2013
I couldn`t bear to see the wife struggle, carrying my sacks of compost to the bottom of the garden any longer so I thought I`d treat her!!...I know...I`m all heart!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 7 Feb 2013
If you're just on relatively light duties thus is a brilliant design.... Buy one and put it in the garage just in case