on 7 February 2009
What a fantastic fusion of form and function. I have been continually impressed by this piece of kit from the moment I received it. It has been a joy to use and has functioned flawlessly at all times.

I use my machine for fairly heavy duty photography manipulation and storage, in conjunction with Photoshop Lightroom and CS3 and it has handled all tasks easily. I did bump up the RAM to 4gb which obviously helps but OS X is so stable and efficient that it is a quantum leap over the Windows based Laptops I have used in the past. It handles all daily internet and mail tasks without batting an eyelid.

iLife was included as standard (08 version when I bought it) and a suite of other programmes that follow Apple's exemplary attention to design and detail whiles providing rock solid stability and performance.

I highly recommend this product if you can stretch to it, I took the leap and have never looked back. I have left the world of computiing nightmares behind me and look forward to the joy of Mac for many years to come...now's your chance to join me...
on 13 March 2011
I have always wanted a mac but they have always been out of my price range however I found one of these on the internet for just under £500 which was used so I decided to take the financial risk and buy one and it was worth it. I have had my macbook for about a month now and it's in perfect working order. Considering it is around 5 years old, it is amazing. I have had no problems with it, it works as good as new and it is very quick, a lot faster than any pc I have ever had. My laptop finds a new problem each week to present me with whereas the only problem I have with my mac is that there is a lack of some software for the mac that is available for a pc. I don't have iLife or iWork so can't use it for everything I would like to but they are easy enough to purchase from the app store for the mac and are much more reasonably priced than Microsoft office.