Format: DVD|Change

on 9 December 2015
Delivery good and price right.
on 23 December 2010
As someone with a keen interest in Tudor history I read the book of 'The Other Boleyn Girl' although a highly enjoyable piece of fiction it can't be praised for its accuracy. However as I say I enjoyed it.
Then we get to this film, I'm not so much of a snob that I won't watch something if it is inaccurate so I decided to give it a watch. It was bad, very bad. The story was completely unrealistic and it was just too jarring. The characterisation was poor I wanted to strangle Anne which being my favourite historical figure is just a mark of how annoying she is.
Just no!
on 22 May 2010
Right off I have to say that period drama isn't my thing. However, Natalie Portman IS so I gave it a look and I am really glad I did.

This film has had it's share of criticism. Period drama always does, especially if it's a British period and the film is made in Hollywood. However, even serious historians can't agree on the accuracy of any given period so why give the film makers a hard time? Their job is to entertain and in this film they have done just that, and very well indeed. Natalie Portman gives the kind of assured and mature performance I have come to expect from her but still manages to retain that 'little girl lost' charm that she does so well. Scarlett Johansson is perfectly cast as her little sister and Eric Bana does a mean job of portraying a man with immense power and who knows how to use it.

I'm not sure if I can really ever come to terms with Miss Portman having her head chopped off, but if you think your emotional wellbeing can survive it then give this film a look. It's well worth a couple of hours of anyone's time.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 31 May 2008
Went to see this at the cinema not knowing what to expect as had not read the book by Phillipa Gregory. I was definatly entertained by this film; good acting by Natalie Portman and Scarlet Johannsen and fab sets. Eric Banner (Henry) is there to mainly look pretty as he is rarely shown doing much "acting" but still pleasing to the eye. The story is not historically correct but if you go in knowing this you will not be disappointed with this film. Easy watching and tear jerking in parts. Overall a very good film, well worth seeing for the story.
on 20 March 2016
A good Sunday afternoon film
on 15 June 2009
Just want everyone to know that this dvd has english subtitles. I do not understand why Amazon doesn't inform this.
on 11 March 2016
Good film in good condition
on 11 February 2015
Excellent film and service
on 4 July 2011
'The Other Boleyn Girl' is a well told segment of Henry VIII's six wives tale. I was already very aware of the details of this story from studying it in college and watching The Tudors TV programme, yet despite this I found this version perfectly entertaining and well told. By the second half of the film you really feel for the characters. Of course the film is an interpretation of historical events and some will likely find fault with this films accuracy, but you can't fault the film by its conclusion to prove to the audience that the Boleyn girls(and brother) lived in harsh times, manipulated and used, and ultimataly the fear of a definate and brutal end at the whim of a King.
The film is shot in a very basic style, and is not flashy at all, yet due to a good script and cast you soon get gripped and are caught up in the fate of the characters.
on 31 July 2015