5.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational - Again
Truly quite unique (apart from the first one of course) and dare I say even better. I watched the TV series on Channel 4 and was so pleased to find the series on the DVD too as well as a 2 hour movie about a dozen short films and extras too.

I still sometimes go and watch the trailers at the whataboutme.tv website during the day to give me a spark...
Published on 12 Jun. 2008 by Lost For Words

› See more 5 star, 4 star reviews
3.0 out of 5 stars doesn't play in the USA
Had I known that the DVD would not play in the USA I would not have ordered it.
Published on 21 Aug. 2010 by all you need is love

› See more 3 star, 2 star, 1 star reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational - Again, 12 Jun. 2008
This review is from: What About Me? [DVD] (DVD)

Such a fantastic line up too, Lila Downs, KD Lang, Will Young, Carlos Santana, Stewart Copeland, Baba Maal, Zap Mama.. .and those are just the ones I can remember off the top of my head .... I mean really and that also doesn't even touch on all the philosophies of people like Stephen Fry, Susan Sarendon and Ekhart Tolle.

I can't wait for the album and was thrilled when I found some tracks on Myspace and Facebook

5.0 out of 5 stars 1 Giant Leap, 16 Sept. 2010
This review is from: What About Me? [DVD] (DVD)
A MUST BUY!!!! The most inspirational and positive music DVD EVER! Beautiful people with wise things to say, exceptional musicians driven by spontaneity and simply - love to music and life!
I saw it and heard it for about 50 times and the feeling does not fade away! :)))))

5.0 out of 5 stars Audiovisual genius, 13 Aug. 2008
This review is from: What About Me? [DVD] (DVD)
As with '1 Giant Leap', 'What About Me?' is an outstanding compilation of sound, visuals and wisdoms from many fascinating spots the world over. It is a spiritual journey that will touch your soul and provoke your mind. It is a work of art - true genius!

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good, 31 Oct. 2010
Luis Paulo Santiago "Luis" (Portugal) - See all my reviews
This review is from: What About Me? [DVD] (DVD)
I would prefer a litle bit more music on the documentary, but nevertheless a really good work.

5.0 out of 5 stars 1 Giant Leap for music and philosophy, 26 Aug. 2013
1 Giant Leap for music and philosophy

I don't often contribute a review unless I've got something constructive to say, and here I am and I'm left speechless!

I bought the 1GL CD as I only had three of the tracks which I adore and I wanted the rest and I came across this as a result not really knowing what to expect. As someone who never watches television and is strongly inclined towards radio and aural sources I felt somewhat unsure about my purchase. From the first playing I was absolutely mesmerised! It continues to get better on repeat playing, I simply cannot recommend it highly enough.

The only problem I initially had with it was that there were several occasions where I couldn't clearly determine the speech from the music but this is not really a problem as the second disc goes into the recordings more individually and in more detail. It also has a PDF that has a diary element from Duncan and Jamie and the various aspects associated with the project – a fascinating insight in its own right.

The recording has some interesting opinions from a few well known names but also some people I had never heard of, for example, Eckhart Tolle for one, I know I've led a sheltered life, but I found his viewpoint so interesting I've borrowed a couple of his books from the library.

If you are looking for something original and stimulating that will continue to provide hours of pleasure then this wonderful collaboration, all 100 of them, will completely fill the bill.

5.0 out of 5 stars One Giant Leap, 7 Mar. 2011
This review is from: What About Me? [DVD] (DVD)
This film is utterly inspiring, totally uplifting and should be shown in schools and colleges across the world. If little kids could get inspired by something like this we all might have a brighter future.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's all going to be fine, 9 Jun. 2008
J. Knowles - See all my reviews
This review is from: What About Me? [DVD] (DVD)
Well done all involved a true service to humanity. This film makes you realize that everything is going to be fine. It should be on the national syllabus, it should be played constantly on one of the masses of digital channels that we now have, it should be subtitled and translated to every language on the planet. Buy it. Watch it. Share it.

5.0 out of 5 stars a work of consummate craft and beauty, 11 Feb. 2013
Tsiporah Grignon "Tsiporah" (B. C. Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: What About Me? [DVD] (DVD)
World class music, with valuable philosophical insights ... all on the theme of the ego ... a powerful combination!
We hear and see musicians on their home turf, so we get wonderful visuals.
The songs are haunting and uplifting. The sound is excellent. The editing is superb.
The whole effect is so powerful, when you leave, you are struck with wonder connected to the universal themes of all humanity and we wonder what just hit us ... which philosophical gem rings true or what piece of music stays with us.
I have shown this movie 6 times on the big screen in my small community, and raised money for our local food depot in doing so. It is best on the big screen in a community setting. Then we are all learning about ourselves together.

5.0 out of 5 stars Many giant leaps, 11 Mar. 2009
J. A. Island (Queensland, Australia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: What About Me? [DVD] (DVD)
When I watched this series on tv I thought it was one of the best programs I'd ever seen on television. It combines great music from all over the world with smatterings of philosophy from a variety of perspectives. With excellent editing and a sense of humour the team has put together a whirlwind tour of world music and culture.
The dvd takes it to another level again with the footage remixed in a variety of ways with 15 minute snapshots, half hour segments and a 2 hour movie. Though the same footage is used over several times it never becomes boring. Brilliant film making.

5.0 out of 5 stars Poignant and Beautiful, 8 May 2009
Ulf Wolf (Crescent City, California) - See all my reviews
This review is from: What About Me? [DVD] (DVD)
Continuing and building on the original One Giant Leap, Bridgeman and Catto return to Planet Earth and weave their incredibla brand of truth and music.

As soon as "What About Me?" was released in the U.K. (I live in Idaho, U.S.) I began looking out for the U.S. release, which didn't happen, and didn't happen, and didn't happen to the point where I out and bought myself a multi-region DVD player and ordered the DVDs fromthe U.K.

It was worth the extra expense.

To me, music and truth have never sounded better.

Ulf Wolf
Coeur d'Alene, ID
United States

What About Me? [DVD]
What About Me? [DVD] by 1 Giant Leap (DVD - 2008)