on 19 January 2009
Unfortunately this is a Brand review rather than this particular model, but its so important i feel you all should be aware before buying an EDGE10 monitor.

We had one die on us, phoned in and after 2 days of back and forth they agreed a swapout, BUT we were told "none in stock at the moment" and they will NOT replace like for like with another similar model. We were told to wait for the "next shipment" which is "every 2 days" OR get a repair job done which is 5-10 days turnaround with NO replacement during repair. Obviously we went for the swapout option.

14days passed with no callbacks and no updates and of course no monitor. We were told that shipments ARE coming in every 2 days but not our model!!!

I have now discovered that the customer support number in the UK that they give is NOT EDGE10, it is a company called RepairTech i.e. third party, they look after a few different brands and they are given very little info by EDGE10.

They have a POSTAL complaints department, and RepairTech cust services management refuse to take phone calls and do not return messages.

Maybe its not repairtech's fault, maybe Edge10 are limiting uk stock badly and its their decision not to replace with other models, or maybe its not Edge10's fault and that repairtech decide the rules, i dont know, but we paid Edge10 for the monitor and thats who we have to blame...

So, beware, these monitors DO sometimes breakdown and if they do be prepared, have a spare, and dont expect a replacement anytime soon.
on 25 May 2010
I bought one of these monitors and thought it was ok, not good, just ok.
The problem started when it broke down. It was sent back to be repaired on 2nd december 2009, it is now 25th may 2010 and I still dont have the monitor back. When I ring them I get fobbed off with excuses that it is a 3rd party repairer and they will get back to me, they never get back to me, ever. Its been over 6 months now, I had to buy a different monitor and I still dont have my monitor back. My advice would be to steer clear of Edge10 products. I intend to take Edge10 to small claims court.
on 19 August 2008
Upon seeing this monitor I went for it, based on price and product description.

Having received it, I immediately pulled it out of it's box and had a look over it. Read appropriate instructions and plugged it in. Dead fuse *sigh*. Upon replacing the lead, it worked fine.

My disappointment comes in the fact that while the standard wide-screen format is 16:9, this monitor has to go with the slightly different 16:10 (surely that should be 8:5?). Unfortunately no other resolution will do other than a very high one to use this monitor at it's full screen width. So be prepared to sacrifice a few computer resources just to see stuff. Bigger resolutions, with more colours require more video memory, and system memory/resources, and you can't select anything other than a very expansive resolution to get your squares square, and your circles circular instead of looking like ovals on this one.

Then coming to games and such, and I found that not many (none of my present ones) can actually use the native resolution of the monitor. Lucky enough the monitor offers a more traditional option, in that you can switch to the standard 4:3 ratio, creating a box, but it leaves a big stripe on both sides unused. Which kindof negates the usefulness of a large screen like this I feel. Also, when it's set to 4:3 the screen area is probably equivalent to just under a 19" monitor.

So upon first impression, it was a good purchase as I do a lot of art/design/page layout, so I could see 2x A4 sheets pretty much there in front of me, side by side. But wanting to see anything else, well lets just invest in a different monitor shall we?

There are no drivers for this monitor included in the box, and no colour profile. Even when I went on to the edge10 site there was nothing available for download that would help. So it's set up with best guess, with generic colour profile, which is far from ideal for colour artwork of any kind.

Overall, for me doing my work, it's ok, but not really ok for other things, so I gave it a four star rating as it's a nice clear screen, with no dead pixels, and good viewing angles, with large brightness/contrast/saturation ranges.

I was unable to test the speakers, I already have a very decent speaker set-up on my computer, so didn't plug the monitor speakers in, the lead looked a little short too, oh well.
on 10 January 2012
I've had this monitor for about 1 year now and I'm happy to report that I've had no problems with it and I'm pleased with the quality, styling, control interface and price. It has a 16:10 aspect ratio which is slightly squarer than the 16:9 wide screen of TVs but I find it is definitely better for a monitor as it offers the best combination of practical workspace and movie viewing. Generally a decent piece of kit.

UPDATE 26-12-15: Still going strong.
on 20 July 2010
Not a direct review of this monitor, however their customer service is shocking. Emails and calls either go unanswered or simply lead to no where. I have tried to arrange for 2 faulty monitors (still within warranty) repaired, however I think I have more chance of being elected for prime minister than getting anywhere with EGDE10.

To be fair some of their kit is ok , but my advice would be to pay that little bit extra and avoid this company.
on 16 June 2010
quality of monitor was ok as above however it broke after 13months, as per above even though it was sold with 3 yr onsite swap it took 20 emails to get it collected as they
claim its no longer a current model. its now been 2 months so i plan to first refer to my credit card that i paid with and if not ill also be going small claims court.

AVOID
on 11 November 2013
Hi, well you get what you pay for. There is a contact problem somewhere in the screen and I have a constant flickering that I cannot cure. Sadly see that I am not alone in being disappointed. Did not buy through Amazon but wanted to warn others.

See one answered question