5.0 out of 5 stars Trance now has musical credibility, 24 Feb 2009
GM (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Imagine (Audio CD)
This album, along with Solarstone's "Rain Stars Eternal" and OceanLab's "Sirens Of The Sea" should prove that dance/electronica/trance, whatever you wish to call it, is THE premier music style of this era. However, mainstream radio stations will probably just ignore it for lacklustre guitar groups and boybands as usual. Killer tracks on this fantastic album are "Unforgivable" and "In and Out of Love", brilliant vocals, lush production and NON cheesy lyrics give rise to hugely accessible music which is uplifting and classy all at once. Trance seems to be in a better state now than it was during the boom time of the late 90s early 00s. Perhaps less mainstream now but all the better for it. The producers and DJs are all older now with perhaps more worldly experience which is giving rise to less commercial lyrics and sound which has happily reduced the amount of commercial dross from the dance music scene. I've been in and around the dance music scene since the days of acid house so take it from me that this album is worth buying.

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally brilliant, 21 Aug 2010
This review is from: Imagine (Audio CD)
This was the album I stumbled across by pure accident about a year and a half ago which turned me on to Trance and Progressive. I'm pretty eclectic. I like most genres to a greater or lesser degree (and I suppose I've come to this through my love of classical, then going through to minimilism)), but this surpasses them all. This very rapidly became my favourite album of all time. I agree with the other reviewers about the superlative quality of the vocal tracks, but I love the non-vocals too. This album opened up a whole new world for me, and I've since been exploring other artists in this field, and indeed all of Armin's other work (which always seems just a cut above the others). A truly wonderful album, which has prompted me to write my first ever review!

5.0 out of 5 stars The TRUE vocal trance album., 30 May 2013
Will (St Albans, Hertfordshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Imagine (Audio CD)
Very few producers have been able to truly conqueror vocal trance. Armin is that exception, amazing vocal work from a variety of signers from a variety of musical backgrounds. Above & Beyond, DT8 Project & Armin are the true vocal trance kings.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent album, 19 Dec 2012
P. Richards (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Imagine (Audio CD)
Not often you get an album where every track is this good. Listened to it loads and still not tired of it. Great stuff.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 15 Nov 2008
This review is from: Imagine (Audio CD)
I love Armin and think he can do no wrong. I was right! This album to fantastic. You can listen to it from start to finish and be on a journey. It juist shows what raw talent he has and how much he has put into it. It has a lot of emotion and feeling in it. Esp in track 3., unforgivable, listen to the lyrics! A wonderfully powerful tune.
What are you wainting for, purchase now!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars A gem of an album, 31 Aug 2008
Andrew Hamilton (Cumbria, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Imagine (Audio CD)
I'm not normally given to writing reviews, but having purchased Imagine 4 weeks ago, I felt I had to share the fact that this album is a gem. The music somehow manages to be both instantly accessible and uplifting, but also has enough depth and complexity to grow on you each time you listen to. It's not out and out trance and there are a lot of vocal tracks on here, but don't let that put you off because the blend of haunting melodies and uplifting beats will have you reaching for this album over and over and over again - highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZIN! Worth Every Penny, 18 July 2008
Brian Callaghan "Brian C" (Belfast) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Imagine (Audio CD)
Ive just came home from Ibiza after 7 weeks! Had the time of my life! Normally im a fan of techno and hard house music and sometimes listened to trance!!
Friends of mine introduced me to Armin and this album, and what an album it is! FANTASTIC! A must buy for any dance music lover! The kind of trance you want to listen too when driving in the rain! The production is 1st class and the vocals are just haunting!! 10/10!

5.0 out of 5 stars TOP MAN, 2 Sep 2008
D. J. Fisher (Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Imagine (Audio CD)
After poor releases from Tiesto and Lange trance master Armin gets it right with this melodic new feast.
Going wrong/ Fine without you are killer vocal tracks but the tune on this album is with the best female singer on the planet Sharon Del Adel from symphonic rockers Within Temptation
, In and Out of Love.
It had to be a good album to top his first release, is it as good? only time will tell.
Also buy Solarstone new album even better!

5.0 out of 5 stars Super, 17 Feb 2012
This review is from: Imagine (Audio CD)
Armin is the best ;))àñàì Armin Van Buuren è òè àáóì èìà íà ì ìòà,à ò òàì è àèñàí íà CD.ñ à è äà ñè ó è èèíàíèò àíò à ò í ñàààì.Àáóìúò äáà òàà óàéò ;)

Imagine
Imagine by Armin Van Buuren (Audio CD - 2010)