5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Compressor, 4 Jan 2014
This review is from: Iwata Studio Smart Jet Pro Compressor (Misc.)
I did a lot of research on compressors for airbrushes, and reckoned that this Iwata was the best of the bunch. There are not many reviews for compressors on Amazon, so I had to trawl through the web trying to work out what was likely to be good and suit my needs. I'm a professional artist, and this is my first venture into airbrush artwork, so I wanted to get it right first time!

Now it's arrived, the Iwata has certainly not disappointed me. It's very solid, very well made and with its gentle buzz it's not too loud either. Better still, the motor automatically turns off when you stop using the airbrush - then as you start to use it again the motor comes back on until you pause again. The air pressure remains constant, with no pulses or dips throughout its use.

I like the protective case and carrying handle, and the (plastic) airbrush holder is really useful too. It came with a spare holder which will be useful in the unlikely event I break the first - or maybe I'll fix it to my board.

It's a bit bigger and heavier than I imagined, which is no bad thing, but this just reinforces my thoughts on the build quality. The only slight negative is that it is prone to move around a bit on a polished surface. It hardly vibrates when in use, but it is just enough to cause it to 'creep' - I almost lost mine off the edge of a table and now keep it on the floor. The supplied hose is plenty long enough for this.

In summary, a first class and well designed compressor that should hopefully last me many years.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Stuff, 1 Feb 2014
This review is from: Iwata Studio Smart Jet Pro Compressor (Misc.)
Bought for my son who is an artist, he was very impressed with it and finds it extremely useful for his artwork.

Iwata Studio Smart Jet Pro Compressor