5.0 out of 5 stars The best film of 2007
I have a monthly ticket to cinema so seeing an extra film doesn't cost me a penny so I see A LOT of films.
"Walk Hard" was one of the best films I saw in 2007. I went there just to kill the time, frankly speaking, but by the time The Beatles were dropping acid with Dewy Cox and Sergeant Pepper style cartoon and everything in this film...I sat with my mouth open...
Published on 7 Jan. 2009 by Mrs. N. Artamonova

1.0 out of 5 stars Amazing film, Horrible DVD
This is one of the best films i have seen in a long time, it is a very funny and detailed parody of rock and roll genre. The film was great, i knew i wanted it on DVD, however on watching it through for the first time i found myself completely disappointed with the DVD. In the transition from cinema to DVD huge amounts of scenes and jokes have been cut or completely...
Published on 19 May 2008 by O. Jones

4.0 out of 5 stars Comedy for bio-pic fans., 10 July 2011
Mr. Richard I. Calvert "Asparagus" (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Walk Hard -The Dewey Cox Story [DVD] [2007] (DVD)
If you liked Anchorman, or Step-Brothers, then you will like this!
If you are also a fan of music bio-pics then you are in for an extra treat! You will be able to spot all those references to Walk The Line, The Buddy Holly Story, La Bamba, Ray - and probably some others I haven't seen.
The music is also really good, and if you watch the DVD extras, you can see a lot of musicians such as Cheryl Crow paying tribute to the Legend of Dewey Cox and how much they "love Cox".
Good fun and worth seeing a couple of times (at least).

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow that was a shock, 16 Feb. 2009
Mr. Da Preedy "HeresJohnny" (England) - See all my reviews
What a shock i was about to receive as I entered the Blu Ray in to my PS3.
I assumed this film would bore the daylights out of me but to my surprise I didn't stop laughing its rude its funny and its got some kick bottom music

one off my all time favourite Comedy's now just about to order the blu ray version (I own the normal DVD of this film is not as good as does not have the extended version and the extended version is much better)

5.0 out of 5 stars :), 16 May 2009
I shamelessly appreciate some really obvious, silly, stupid and ridiculous humour. It's a good thing as this film has bags of it. It's not just about that. There is some good and slightly twisted music and music history as well as some slightly more intelligent laughs. But if you consider yourself above dumb humour it will spoil the film for you. I really enjoyed it.

5.0 out of 5 stars You have to see this, 7 May 2014
This review is from: Walk Hard -The Dewey Cox Story [DVD] [2007] (DVD)
Incredibly funny film - you just need to get through a bit of silliness in the first 15 minutes, but please please do so and you will be splitting your sides. Pay particular attention to the country song lyrics mid film - one of the funniest moments in film for me! What a diverse talent John C Reilly really is.

5.0 out of 5 stars Funniest movie since the Life of Brian!, 14 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Walk Hard -The Dewey Cox Story [DVD] [2007] (DVD)
Brilliant movie. Cannot understand why it wasn't a huge hit. Every friend and family member who has now seen it absolutely loves hit. We laughed all night and I've now seen it 7 times!

The spoof of spoofs with surprisingly great music.

Walk Hard.

3.0 out of 5 stars Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story, 11 April 2014
This review is from: Walk Hard -The Dewey Cox Story [DVD] [2007] (DVD)
I thought it was ok considering it was a film that was supposed to be bad. The songs are that bad, they are brilliant. The problem with spoofs are that they get boring and this is no exception. John C. Reilly is brilliant as the titular character. 3 out of 5

5.0 out of 5 stars The best film in the world...EVER!, 6 Oct. 2014
This film has everything, romance, comedy, rock n roll, a monkey and even Eddie Vedder!
Would recommend everyone watch this! Any day anywhere! :D "the wrong kid died!"

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Movie, 2 Jun. 2010
This is one of the best films I have ever watched the music is great and the story is great the longer two hour version is better than the 90min version.

4.0 out of 5 stars Walk Hard - The Dewey Cox story, 14 Oct. 2013
Good and real story. I did not know this guy exixted, interesting, well acting and good music. I recommend it
Andrea Mitrano

5.0 out of 5 stars great, 12 Jan. 2011
This film didn't get enough credit. Its clever funny but in most parts ridiculously funny. The midget song cracks me up the most!

Walk Hard -The Dewey Cox Story [DVD] [2007]