4.0 out of 5 stars . . . and breathe

4.0 out of 5 stars . . . and breathe, 30 Aug 2013
Aurora (Yorkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: My Sister's Keeper (Kindle Edition)
Although this book started off a little slow, it built the pace and eventually became a keeper. I wouldn't describe it as unputdownable, but only because there were times when I HAD to put it down and take a breather. From Richard's first encounter with Ashleigh, you know there is going to be trouble, but it isn't entirely clear what form that will take. Although at times you want to scream at him to leave it to the police, you know why he can't do that, and in any case they are being particularly inept. Although intially it isn't clear who is who, we do find out before Richard does and are therefore keenly aware of all the mistakes he is making which ratchets up the tension considerably. There were two or three times when I just had to put the book down for a while and then had to keep reminding myself that the hero can't die - or can he? Things don't always work out the way we think they will and bad things sometimes do happen to good people. Martha is proof of that.
Once we know the reason behind the bad relationship between Richard and his father the sub plot became a bit obvious to me and wasn't such a surprise as it seems to have been for other reviewers. I did note the irony of the final outcomes for Sam and Martha.

A good read

1.0 out of 5 stars 38p was 38p too much, 10 Oct 2013
This review is from: My Sister's Keeper (Kindle Edition)
With a contrived plot, signposted twists, repetitive devices - how many times can one man ruin his clothes and have to throw them away before you need to write in a trip to the shops for new trousers? - and scenes so insultingly unbelievable you'll snort with derision, this book was overpriced even at 38p. If reading about a man brought back from the dead with a defibrillator and released from hospital later the same day appeals, this book's for you. If you are looking for a crime thriller with plot development, characters, and some research effort on the part of the author then I'd give this a miss.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rivoting, 26 Sep 2013
This review is from: My Sister's Keeper (Kindle Edition)
A very riveting read with plenty of twists and turns very hard to out down as you want to know what comes next

4.0 out of 5 stars My sister's keeper, 17 Oct 2013
This review is from: My Sister's Keeper (Kindle Edition)
It kept me wanting to turn the page and keep going. The beginning and the ending was great. I found the middle at times a little dull but on the whole a great read.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not very good, 15 Nov 2013
This review is from: My Sister's Keeper (Kindle Edition)
I found this book to be so predictable as if the author had to put in every cliche'd thriller situation that had ever happened. I only read to the end to test my theory.

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely enjoyable, 21 Sep 2013
This review is from: My Sister's Keeper (Kindle Edition)
Really enjoyable crime thriller. Took a few chapters to get into but once the story got going it was brilliant. I would recommend this book.

1.0 out of 5 stars Badly written, 25 Sep 2013
This review is from: My Sister's Keeper (Kindle Edition)
Thank goodness I only wasted 38p on this book! What utter tosh. I only stuck with it to the bitter end because I wanted to see if it could become even worse of a read. Who calls their sister 'Babe'? It was riddled with spelling mistakes and rubbish over-dramatized descriptions. I wonder if this book was self-published. Anyway, Bill Brenners, don't give up the day job is my advice to you.

4.0 out of 5 stars a good read, 24 Mar 2011
This review is from: My Sister's Keeper (Kindle Edition)
i downloaded this book by mistake but kept it as the price was low
this book grabbed me and it was a very good read....it was a real page turner sometimes i just couldn't put it down.... thinking i'll just read another chapter and ended up reading more than one!!

5.0 out of 5 stars My Sister's Keeper, 27 Sep 2013
This review is from: My Sister's Keeper (Kindle Edition)
As I only paid 38p. for this book, I must admit I didn't expect much. I have to say, though,this was excellent from start to finish. Lots of twists which kept it gripping. Definitely want more of this author!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Big surprises, 16 Oct 2013
This review is from: My Sister's Keeper (Kindle Edition)
This book took me some time to get into but once I did I thought it was brilliant. Great read

My Sister's Keeper