5.0 out of 5 stars Kenwood Kmix is the best
I dont know what the other reviews are referring to but it cant be this mixer. I bought this for the wife and I have put on 1/2 a stone because she loves using it for making cakes. It now takes less than 1/2 the time to make any cake mixture and it is so easy to clean. If you are looking for a good quality mixer buy this product.
Published on 6 Dec 2009 by R. Broadbent

1.0 out of 5 stars 2nd one of these Machines and let down again.
This is the second KMix mixer which I have bought. The first one, which was bought elsewhere had an issue with the dough hook and where the tools are inserted into the machine.
I first noticed a blackening on the attachment end of the tool, which was impossible to wash off, but when touched by your fingers left an awful black staining on your fingers.
After...
Published 8 months ago by c00kiemonster

5.0 out of 5 stars Kenwood Kmix is the best, 6 Dec 2009
R. Broadbent (Grays, Essex United Kingdom) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars I've become a domestic goddess!!!, 13 Feb 2010
Sheena Johnson (Essex) - See all my reviews
This machine is a dream to use. I too had the dilemma of KitchenAid or Kenwood - but the man in John Lewis was heavily biased as he'd worked for Kenwood for over 20 years! This is a solid quality machine and looks great, which is handy as it's left out on my worktop. I bought the cream one, because I refused to pay so much more for black (which I think would require constant cleaning) or an admittedly funky red one which I loved - but now I've got it, I am not at all bothered by the colour - don't be a sucker to clever marketing!

I agree with the issue over creaming butter and sugar and it sticking to the sides. As well as useful suggestions such as warming the bowl, I also make sure I use really soft butter at warm room temperature. It's been a problem for years - my mum had an old Kenwood 40 years ago and she had to scrape the sides way back then! Adjusting the beater per the instructions may also help. Once you start adding the eggs, it sorts itself out.

I do find when it's running fast, I can't hear the doorbell or the phone ring - but when you're cooking and the creative juices are flowing, who wants to be disturbed anyway? Suffice to say, it could be quieter, just as well it's only 500w power or I'd have permanent tinitus. I do highly recommend this mixer it's great value for money and on performance to date, I'm expecting it to last me for many years. I've also become strangely popular among friends and family who are happy to be guinea pigs for all the experiments I've been doing with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Only had it for a few weeks and can't stop making cakes..., 11 Jan 2011
I asked for a mixer for Christmas fully expecting to be dissapointed as up until now I haven't been the most frequent cake maker. I always have the best intention to make a cake and then think of how long it will take to cream butter with sugar and combine everything by hand with no electric wisks/beaters in my kitchen. So I thought "why not" and put a mixer on my christmas list

As the title states, since opening this kenwood kmix as a present at Christmas, I cannot stop using it. I absolutely love this mixer. I had picked out a different one as I thought asking for this as a present was a little cheeky considering the price but come Christmas Day I was gobsmacked when I found this was the large box sitting under my tree.

The design is beautiful - my other half did very well in picking out the raspberry version as having looked at the other colours online it is my favourite. It comes with multiple attachments for all your cake, dough and pastry making needs. I especially like the bowl. It is massive and has a clever design at the bottom where you'll find a divot that means you don't end up with creamed butter unmixed at the base when you are finished making your cake mix. I love the removable splash guard which has a gap for pouring in ingredients. That comes in very handy when you are adding ingredients while the mixer is running. Oddly one of the other little touches I noticed, is the spatula that comes with it is very well designed. When scooping out your mixes, the spatula is curved to match the bowl. This is great as it means you can get every last drop out of the bowl, however my boyfriend complains that there is nothing left to lick from the bowl when your are done.

I honestly don't have a gripe that I can think of for this product. I would thoroughly recommend this to anyone who wants to start making more cakes!

5.0 out of 5 stars A KMix beats a KitchenAid KPM50 (commercial) model IMO, 22 Aug 2013
Julian Evans "Jules" (Darkest Shropshire, UK) - See all my reviews
I was hell bent on owning a KitchenAid KPM50 Commercial stand mixer for some time. Eventually I bought one and have used it for over 8 years. However it has driven me nearly bonkers. The thing has a 'sacrificial worm gear' in it, so if the machine gets overloaded the nylon cog (worm gear) self-destructs and it's 'a simple matter of fitting a new one'... hmmm.

A new cog costs 16 (currently, 2013) in the UK, and that's the cheapest deal off ebay. It's a total pain to fit, despite what they claim. I've fixed the stupid thing several times and I'm amazed that a 'commercial' mixer can't stand more than 2 minutes at top speed. Yes folks, just two minutes and then it self-destructs. And that's even when using the balloon whisk!

In other reviews you will read that the KMix tools don't reach the sides of the bowl. Yes they do. You will also read that the KitchenAid tools DO reach the side of the bowl... no they don't, or the bottom of the bowl either.

The KitchenAid looks very retro and sturdy... however it wobbles all over the place and actually waltzes across the surface it's on. The cog broke again recently and the motor burned out... so I chucked it and bought a KMix.

It's about 100 cheaper than the KitchenAid but is worth about a 200 more. Don't even think about buying a KitchenAid. The KMix is a modern masterpiece, full of useful features that make total sense. It looks fabulous and it produces excellent results.

One final thing about making bread dough in a kitchen stand mixer... don't. Dough for buns and pizzas is fine. In my humble opinion bread dough should be made by hand if you have the strength to do it. A commercial bread dough machine is specially designed for the job and costs an arm and a leg. Besides, you can make fantastic bread without any kneading at all - go to Youtube and search for 'No Knead Bread & Jim Lahey' - this method produces an amazing loaf with no effort whatsoever. I make bread every other day using this method.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well made, quiet and efficient, 5 Aug 2009
A really impressive appliance. Far quieter and more efficient than the Kenwood Chef it replaced, with several clever design features. It appears to be of equivalent quality to Kithen Aid and Cuisinart appliances, but (when purchased through Amazon) much better value for money. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars A couple of comments on a kenwood, 17 Nov 2010
My 40+ year old kenwood mixer (model A701) finally died a few weeks ago so decided to go for a cheerful looking colouful kMix. Very pleased with results so far. Have tested it making bread and christmas cakes (using weights of ingredients close the maximum recommended in the manual) and it worked well. The 'fold' setting is useful for adding flour when making cakes. On my machine it was necessary to adjust the clearance of the whisk and K beater but that was easy with a 14mm open ended spanner and instructions are given in the manual.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning, 16 Aug 2008
Tan y ddraig (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This item arrived today using the new Amazon Prime service. First impressions on opening the box are WOWAWEEEWAHHHH as Borat would say! The mixer just oozes quality and style from every angle and the build quality and weight are faultless.

Its got every feature and then some of the far more expensive KitchenAid range with more power to boot. Ok the guarantee period is not ten years and I would have liked to see at least a 5year one as standard. All the attachments are high quality and finished beautifully.

If its as bomb proof as the mother in laws Kenwood Chef mixer has been for the last decade or more then we'll be happy. The fact that it comes with the equally stunning blender, as part of the deal, this really is a no brainer!

Bottomline--Buy one, you won't regret it.

5.0 out of 5 stars An AMAZING Product, 29 Dec 2010
Like other reviewers, I too was pondering as to whether to purchase the Kmix or the Kitchenaid. I'm am so delighted I went for the Kmix. I was very fortunate to receive it on Christmas eve just before I was about to make a pavlova with a hand held whisk!! This kmix takes up to 12 egg whites, which was handy as I was doing a 12 egg white pavlova; and when normally it would have taken me 30-45 mins to mix it all using my hand held whisk, it took the kmix from start to finish just 7 minutes. And I have to say, it was the best pavlova I have ever made, and I have made quite a few. It is a brilliant machine with a fantastically large bowl, very easy to clean, heavy in weight so it doesn't jump about on the counter tops and it is not terribly noisy either. It mixed exceptionally well and it didn't push all my ingredients up the sides and every last drop was well mixed, there were no bits left un-whipped at the bottom.

I highly recommend this kmix, not only is it a time saver and muscle saver, but it is aesthetically pleasing to look at so I keep mine out on display. This means I have no excuses not to bake, much to my husbands delight. If you want a fantastic mixer, I suggest you get this Kmix. Quite honestly, there is very little difference between the kmix and the kitchenaid, function wise. However what swung it for me was the price of the kmix, the bowl has 0.3 ltrs capacity more than the kitchenaid and has an added safety feature, which is, the mixer stops automatically when the top is lifted. I also like that the machine automatically detects when ingredients are added and adjusts the speed accordingly. Its a fantastic machine which I now wouldn't be without.

5.0 out of 5 stars Spike UK, 9 Nov 2009
Mr. N. Milliken (UK) - See all my reviews
Before I committed to buy a stand mixer I'd been looking around and decided I was going to buy Kitchen Aid but as soon as i saw this machine in the flesh in John lewis it changed my mind completely. This is a classy machine, for many reasons it is robust and sleek and also it has 500W motor which compares well to Kitchen Aid which has only 300W and also Kenwood stainless steel bowl it looks better made than the kitchen aid. The machine perfomed well and i am enjoying baking bread on a daily basis. I think the Kenwood Kmix range is very well designed and is of a quality which can compete with Kitchen Aid. Finally the prices are a lot lower than kithchen aid.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rolls Royce of mixers, 12 Jun 2010
This review is from: Kenwood kMix KMX54 Stand Mixer - Peppercorn Black (Kitchen & Home)
This is by far the best mixer I have used!
It makes light work of anything you need to mix, from meringue through to dough.

It has a good powerful motor and a sturdy design with not so noisy motor (quieter than I thought it would be). Good 'metal' attachments (not flimsy plastic!), 'K' beater, dough hook & balloon whisk (I produced the best meringues ever with this), clear plastic food guard with hinged lid to add ingredients whilst mixer is on, a generous sized mixing bowl, spatchula & handy cord storage.

You can buy separate attachments which are fixed to a special port at the front if the mixer and these are, Roto Food Cutter and Fruit Press, Roto Food Cutter, Short Pasta Maker, Multi Food Grinder, Flat Pasta Roller, Tagliatelle Pasta Cutter, Trenette Pasta Cutter, Tagliolini Pasta Cutter & Spaghetti Pasta Cutter.

This looks great on your worktop and also comes in colours, Coconut (white), Raspberry (red), Peppercorn (black), Almond (cream) & Cocoa (maroon).

This mixer is designed to have a 'place' on your worktop as it could be too heavy for some to keep lifting in & out of cupboards. In my humble opinion, why hide it away in a cupboard, it looks great!