4.0 out of 5 stars Scrub review
Published on 24 Jun 2011 by baybeeface

3.0 out of 5 stars Problems
The rubber band you glue on, didnt attach after a short while. I have to use super glue, to help it attach
Published 10 months ago by Lisa

4.0 out of 5 stars Scrub review, 24 Jun 2011
baybeeface (South West England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: SC Balance Board (Misc.)
I recently got into snowboarding, and having never done any board sports before, I wanted something that would reduce my learning time since the snowdome is a 5 hour roundtrip. This board in my opinion is very suitable for beginners, having taken me a day to get the hang of it. I bought it after my first two snowboard sessions, and I could feel the difference it made immediately. Your balance is much improved, and so are your reflexes. Once you get the general hang of the scrub board, its easy to include in your daily activities; I use it whilst having breakfast, or sometimes whilst watching tv. I haven't given this 5 stars because the grip layer on top has developed bubbles from use, the bungee holding the roller has already started to fray, and there were no instructions included. I stuck the rubbers on the grooves in the roller (which seemed obvious to me), but apparently they are meant to be stuck on the ridges on the underside of the board. It still performs as it should nevertheless. Also, dare I say, it is too easy to get used to it, which gets monotonous unless you want to try tricks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hard to learn at first but good once mastered a great work out, 11 Sep 2011
This review is from: SC Balance Board (Misc.)
Bought the board to work on core strength with a view to moving up to a 'ball type' board in the future.

A first I found the board very quick to controle as a beginner but after a few hours practice I got the hang of it. I'm now able to use the board for hours at a time, very efficient workout!!

The board and roller are very good quality and I would recommend to anyone wanting to improve their core strength.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good starter board for a fair price, 20 Dec 2010
This review is from: SC Balance Board (Misc.)
This board is a fraction of the price of the more trendy indo board. It is solid and has a grippy upper surface to stand on. The deck has a slight 'kick tail' towards both ends. Under the deck is a runner or ridge, that slots into the groove - in the middle of the roller. This means that the roller is less likely to shoot off to one side of the board, (or when used with the elastic; either end of the board). Combined with an elastic to hold the roller onto the bottom of the board - this is a fairly stable board to train knee injuries and the like, and for less experienced board riders (not expecting to do fancy tricks). Using the board on carpet makes for a slower but more controllable ride. It is still quite tricky (you can still end up on your rear end easily, so use well away from obstacles that you could brain yourself on!)and requires balance to train. Those wanting a gentle balance exercise for therapeutic reasons may well prefer an (indo)cusion or similar; or something called a wobble board, designed for that purpose. Very young kids may like the snail/maze board with coloured balls to jiggle. Skateboard enthusiasts wanting to do tricks may find the board too restrictive, heavy and unresponsive. While 50/50 and 75/25 is possible, and spins, it is not easy to detach the roller from the board, even with the elastic removed (on wood floor and without the elastic to slow the roller, gives a much looser faster ride). The roller is tapered to give the effect of cutting by tilting the board. I bought it as a safer alternative to the rola bola and can now hang 10 and juggle at the same time in 'slow mode'. Those looking for a challenge would probably prefer the indo kick tail model for tricks, (or a straight forward rola bola (plank and roller) from a juggling outlet for about £30). There is also the 'dog bone', which is designed to be used with a ball rather than a roller - happy hunting!

5.0 out of 5 stars SCbalance Board, 26 Jan 2014
This review is from: SC Balance Board (Misc.)
Great balance board, well made, Hard to master at first but perseverance does payoff. Delivery was really quick and well packaged. I have only been using the board for around 2 weeks and I can see a great improvement in my balance

4.0 out of 5 stars Christmas present, 9 Dec 2013
This review is from: SC Balance Board (Misc.)
Bought this for my skateboarding son for Christmas. Arrived in good time although the box was open. But it all seems to be in order. Can't wait to see what he says at Christmas.

3.0 out of 5 stars Problems, 2 Nov 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 21 Jan 2013
This review is from: SC Balance Board (Misc.)
My son loved his xmas present had all his mates round and all had laugh with it hours of fun

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Ski Trainer, 30 Sep 2009
A. J. Johnson "Carnaj" (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: SC Balance Board (Misc.)
I got this to get my balance back to scratch before the ski season and it works a treat. Surprisingly tiring to use. My flatmate has a bad knee and he started using the balancer and it really helped to strengthen the area. Shame he gashed the same knee on a binding on the 1st day on the slopes. Still his aprés dancing was enhanced by his newly strengthened leg :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good buy, good quality board, will last years, 29 Jan 2012
This review is from: SC Balance Board (Misc.)
Brought to improve balance for surf, core strength and for fun.
Use it regularly
Good grippy surface - can practice skateboard tricks, can do leg exercises, balance exercises.
Quite addictive...
Found it difficult at first but soon get used to it then can try more fancy stuff.
Not the cheapest balance board to buy but preferred it to those plastic circle shaped ones...

SC Balance Board