5.0 out of 5 stars Icona Toaster - put your money where your mouth is!
Bought this toaster & the matching icona kettle in red. Noticed by all who enter our kitchen & tried by all,well at least the kettle. It has several settings (frozen, reheat, bagle, this toasts one side & warms the other & cancel)it takes 4 slices, we have warbertons bread which is quite large & it fit's in & toasts ferfectly. There are individual toast colour settings...
Published on 4 Feb. 2009 by J. L. Corden

3.0 out of 5 stars Slightly disappointed
We had an old toaster which had seen better days and saw this one for sale - we needed a four slot toaster - this one looked fab as was almost two two slice toasters in one machine - each two slot portion operates independently of the other.
It looks really good on our worksurface - certainly adds to kitchen, however, the left hand side toasts unevenly. The top of...
Published on 10 Mar. 2009 by S. Field

‹ Previous | 1 2 352 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely fantastic toaster, 3 Aug. 2009
J. A. Greaves (Nottingham England) - See all my reviews
I tested all the toasters around before buying this one. I swore I would never buy another toaster as none of them toast the whole slice. Well this one does and I would recommend it to anyone wanting real toast without using a grill. Together with the matching kettle I was more than happy to pay a bit more and I feel I have got value for money. Very satisfied with this purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but could be better, 5 Dec. 2009
Bought this to replace my Dualit which had faulty elements and a faulty timer. First thing to note is that this is a sizeable toaster. Its a full 32cm from front to back, compared to 20cm for my Dualit. This is due to the tapered design at the back and the crumb trays which stick out ackwardly. So if you have a small kitchen and/or narrow work tops this might not be for you. Secondly, the elements dont all heat up evenly so toast can be done on one side and partially done on the other. Very annoying. You have to look inside to see when there is no toast and switch the unit on to see which slot has the best and most even element and use this one as your 'favorite' slot! Third, the automatic toaster eject is a little over enthusiastic at times, and the toast can end up on the work top nearby. Apart from those three points it is a fairly solid toaster and performs adequately and has some good features such as being able to vary the browness of two of the four slots independently, and can accept much thicker sices than my dualit, which is very useful when toasting crumpets as they dont get stuck in.

5.0 out of 5 stars A thing of beauty - and practicality, 3 May 2009
S. J. Cuthbertson (Corbridge, Northumberland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: De'Longhi Icona CTO4003.R 4-Slice Toaster, Scarlet Red (Kitchen & Home)
Since having a rather monochrome new kitchen installed, I've been collecting red items to brighten it up. Okay, that's a poor excuse for buying this particular toaster, which is rather expensive. But it's so beautiful that desire soon overcame penny-counting. And I'm delighted to report that it isn't just a pretty face. It produces evenly-browned toast every time, even with the sometimes oddly-sized slices that we cut from our home-made bread. It also toasts hot-cross buns on one side to perfection and the re-heating facility is a boon - it doesn't dry out the toast or affect the brown-ness. Now I'm seriously considering the matching kettle.

5.0 out of 5 stars best toaster ever purchased, 26 Sept. 2009
looks great, but also toasts great, best toaster we have bought, only comment is that the press down levers were a bit stiff, sprayed with wd 40 and 3 in one oil, after working that into the levers for couple of minutes it was perfect.

5.0 out of 5 stars I hope I can keep my toaster for a De'Longhi time!, 30 May 2009
D. Lowther (South Yorkshire, England) - See all my reviews
I received the De'Longhi toaster very promptly. Although the Icona is an expensive version of toaster (it can retail at around £70.00), it is most certainly worth every penny of it and with the saving I made on Amazon (at least £25.00)it was even better value!
The toaster is stylish with a high gloss, black exterior; it has a contemporary design that oozes charm.
Functionally, it is easy to use with a dial for each twin toaster. It has defrost, reheat and bagel controls; I recommend a toasted bagel with cream cheese, ham and chive (yummy!) The toaster also has a cancel function, if you want to cut it out at any point. This product is a four toaster but you can toast two slices independently.
I am so happy with my toaster, that I have also purchased the matching kettle!!

Just an update guys, it's now 4 years since I bought this toaster (14 October 2013)and it's still working perfectly; it really does work a De'Longhi time!!!

2.0 out of 5 stars Not great.... not great at all., 28 Jun. 2012
C Martin "cjmUK" (UK) - See all my reviews
It'd read the reviews before I purchased, and convinced myself that the positive reviews were largely accurate, and the negative reviews were either unfortunate, or were from less reasonable people. Unfortunately, I now think the opposite - the negative reviews are somewhat consistent.

On the plus side, the toaster looks decent, and seems to have all the necessary features, but I guess that is where it ends.

On the negative side, like many other people, I have found...
- that the toaster is slow, which means it dries out the whole slice, rather then toasting the outside.
- that, despite the unit's size, it doesn't accept larger slices
- that it toasts more down the bottom of the slice, and doesn't really touch the top. Thus the process of toasting includes a 'half-time interval' where you need to turn the slices upside-down.
- that it toasts differently on each side
- that it doesn't last long before breaking. Mine crept over the 12-month warranty line, and then started to degrade, before packing in at 17 months.

I know that there are some rotten apples in any barrel, but you have to pay attention to the consistent complaints about the lifespan of these units and the toasting performance. For £50, I expected a LOT more.

2.0 out of 5 stars A huge dissapointment!, 15 Jun. 2009
Mr. J. Davidson (England) - See all my reviews
Looks good. Mechanically it is cheap and nasty. Cooks toast well, but those awful levers for depressing the toast into the grills! One tended to stick as you pressed it down, while the other jammed on 50% of ocassions. It also jammed when trying to eject the toast. We gave up after 3 days and sent it back. Delivery was excellent, and returns is easy with Amazon. But I now do not have the confidence to reorder this toaster as a replacement. I will try another.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best looking toaster I've seen for ages, 26 Sept. 2011
D. Jones (Warwickshire) - See all my reviews
(No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Length:: 2:21 Mins

I purchased the blue De'Longhi kettle so like many of the other reviewers I just had to have the matching toaster to go with it.

The toaster is every bit as lovely in real-life as it looks in the picture on Amazon. The blue is intense and very eye catching, even in a fairly dark kitchen. I have seen the other colours in an electrical store and they all look just as stunning.

I'm not sure what the blue coating is made from, it looks and feels like enamel but I honestly don't know if it is or not. When new it is beautifully finished, there are no blemishes, lumps or bumps on the coating, but I have a feeling it might scratch fairly easily if knocked.

Having dual controls is very useful if you have two people who like their toast browned differently. It is also extremely handy to be able to toast four slices of bread at once - no more having cold toast while I heat up extra slices for my husband.

There is a reheat function which is great - I'm forever putting my toast on and then going off and doing something else only to come back and find it has gone cold. There is also a defrost function, cancel button and bagels option - not tried that out yet.

Overall, a lovely looking piece of kit that so far has done exactly what it should do - toast my bread.

5.0 out of 5 stars Style and substance over everything else, 12 July 2009
Mr. V. R. Kuipers (UK) - See all my reviews
Buying one of these is one of those rare occasions when you get both style and substance in nice harmony. It's well worth the extra few (and it's only a few) pounds over other models. Spread those extra few pounds over the toaster's lifetime, and you'll quickly realise that it's a no-brainer.

2.0 out of 5 stars Toaster - Disappointing Design Flaws - Slots Very Small, 31 Dec. 2009
I loved the look of this toaster and after reading many great reviews, I went ahead and bought one. It does look great but was disappointed by 2 significant design flaws:

1 - The slots for the toast are too small to take some loaves of bread namely Warburtons (one of the most popular loaves of bread in the UK) so you're either left with the top being un-toasted or trying to cram it in sideways. The silly thing is there's plenty of space for De'Longhi to have made the slots longer which is frustrating. This isn't a cheap toaster either so I would've expected such a basic aspect to be better than this.

2 - There is a gap around the top where the silver top meets the black bottom and this catches all the crumbs and is very tricky to keep clean.

I am very disappointed as the toaster looks fabulous and I would love to keep it but for its ability to toast bread of varying sizes I found it lacking and will sadly be returning this product as at this price I shouldn't have to worry about the size of the bread I'm buying to toast.

‹ Previous | 1 2 352 | Next ›