Size: One SizeColour Name: BlackChange
Price:£18.96+ Free shipping

on 3 January 2012
I cannot believe that GoPro, who create such an amazing camera, cannot make a decent mount. It is made of cheap plastic which snaps so unbelievably easily, I'm on my third already. If it was cheap I could understand, but for this rip off price, you should really get a much better quality item. It's such a shame because it could so easily be good....they just couldn't be bothered to spend a little extra time developing a stronger plastic.
on 5 July 2011
Bought this to record my long distance rides on my go pro. first impression was a bit disappointing looking on the item knowing how much money you have paid for this little bit of plastic.
Second impression and first ride on rough countryside roads - the long stem broke!
On the second ride - the short stem broke!

This item never was meant to work properly - its purpose is to make max money, nothing else - a shame for go pro!

Btw. - looking on video footage shot from bike perspective by professionals, I found they were using customized mounts with metal mounts - no I understand why!
on 3 January 2012
I bought this mounting kit with the express purpose of filming Road Bike footage.

After 3.5hrs use on smooth(ish) roads the small upright mount completely fractured, throwing my brand new GoPro Hero2 skidding across a road with cars and other vehicles looming down onto it. The battery one side of the road,( next to an open drain) the casing in pieces, plastic sealing clip in grass verge, camera scuffed but only by an act of God no lens damage - would I recommend these clips a resounding NO.

They are NOT well engineered; to tighten the bolts distorts the fitting, even with a retro fit of a piece of inner tube glued to the inside to give it some grip on the bars, they are not strong enough for anything apart from looking good on the bike - since this incident yesterday I now see that I am not alone in this issue - professionals use custom made metal fittings that will stand the strain. Do NOT buy these if you value your £300.00 camera - or if you do you know what to expect

GoPro should revisit the design of these and think about how to make them better and more robust - to be clear I am a road cyclist not a mountain biker- if I was 3 mins would see these fittings broken.

on 24 October 2011
The mount is strong and will keep the camera mounted stably if tightened by a screwdriver rather than the thumbscrews.

When using the mount on tarmac roads and paths the video is great and very smooth, however when on rough and bumpy terrain the video will be very shaky as there is no dampening of shock. Video is still watchable over some rougher cycle paths (if the mount is attached tightly) but not when off road.

For off road work, a helmet mount is much much better as my head doesn't shake as much as my handlebars!

I would recommend this for recording trips on the road or on most cycle routes as I find mounting the camera on a helmet quite tiring and annoying after a while. The handlebar mount is not noticeable so I use it much more often.

Attaches pretty much anywhere on my bike (Specialized Tricross).
on 27 October 2012
This mount as a package is garbage, used it twice and twice the camera went for a road trip. The components are brittle and therefor just break with the/any vibration. I had thrown the broken parts in the bin in disgust. A week later I find myself buying a grab bag of mounts and notice they have written on the label Edition 2 Ha-ha GP have decided the original run of this product is crap and fixed it, I guess using a softer material

bottom line great product but first edition is brittle try to avoid buying this one

Second Edition had done so many more miles and not failed once! Buy this one :) (The part clamped to bike has never failed, just the other parts..
on 23 April 2013
It does what it's supposed to and has proved robust enough during handlebar mounted mountain biking for the past 2 months. It could be better but I'm not sure why there are so many bad reviews, maybe lack of QC at GoPro?

Yes there is a certain amount of flex but I would expect that, I'd rather have the mount bend/break than the camera case or even my handlebar!

It could definitely be improved though, the fasteners are hard to grip enough to tighten properly and I often end up using a screwdriver for the final tighten.
The overall design could be improved by incorporating a pivot, because of the design currently the camera can only be mounted facing along the tube it's attached to or at a right angle to it.

It's expensive for what it is, but I'm not sure the alternatives are any better overall.
on 28 June 2013
Firstly, there must be a newer version of this mount as the one I received from Amazon did not have the rubber inserts as shown on the GoPro website- however, I contacted GoPro direct and they are sending the inserts over to me from USA.
I really wanted this for attaching to my walking poles or ice-axe - for the poles, a rubber insert will be required unless I want to fit it to the widest part of the pole.
As for mounting on a bike - I would hope to use it this way occasionally but I'm a bit wary as to whether or not it is up to withstanding high levels of vibration. If I was going to use it on a bike a lot then I'd spend that bit extra and buy the K-edge version which is made of aluminium and is pretty much bomb-proof
I've given it 3/5 as I feel some GoPro mounts really need to be made from metal
on 3 April 2013
Although I have managed to secure my Go-Pro Hero 2 to my bike handlebars successfully and the mounting has not yet broken (two rides so far) I would criticise the design for the following reasons: 1) The clamp only really fits on a 27.2mm diameter tube. Many, maybe most, modern handlebars and MTB seat posts have a larger diameter tubing so the clamp does not fit very well. This is a particular problem if you have carbon bars since any clamp fitted to these should be the correct diameter; 2)The design is simply unsubtle and inelegant and 3) over-priced (I paid over £25 for mine through an Amazon Marketplace seller). I am now looking for a better product for my needs...anyone want a second-hand Handlebar and Seat post mounting?
on 10 April 2013
Bit expensive but you pay for quality: the plastic is very tough and and it mounts easily to things.

I used this on my ski-pole; it was easy to add/remove it in the cold and the components held-up well in the adverse weather. Haven't tried it on my bike yet but it will most certainly fit easily to the handlebars and seat stem.

Be careful when removing it (and other GoPro mounts) on the go: I nearly lost the nut from the end thinking it was glued in!

If you want to film more interesting angles than from your helmet for cheap, buy this!
on 25 August 2012
after reading reviews about this product i was not to keen but went for it anyway as i could not find anything elce .
i have used this at glentress and fortwilliam on many occasions on the handlebars of my mountain bike and it works perfect . It does not move at all and thats goin down the red route at fortwilliam which is very rocky .
Read some reviews about product snaping , i put mine on tight and had no problem .

i think this is a great product and does what it says on the tin and is very easy to put on and remove .