The mount is strong and will keep the camera mounted stably if tightened by a screwdriver rather than the thumbscrews.

Published on 24 Oct 2011 by Lukereviewingstuff

2.0 out of 5 stars Shocking
Published on 3 Jan 2012 by Nat Gall

2.0 out of 5 stars Shocking, 3 Jan 2012
This review is from: GoPro Handlebar Seatpost Mount (Electronics)
I cannot believe that GoPro, who create such an amazing camera, cannot make a decent mount. It is made of cheap plastic which snaps so unbelievably easily, I'm on my third already. If it was cheap I could understand, but for this rip off price, you should really get a much better quality item. It's such a shame because it could so easily be good....they just couldn't be bothered to spend a little extra time developing a stronger plastic.

1.0 out of 5 stars piece of garbage, 5 July 2011
This review is from: GoPro Handlebar Seatpost Mount (Electronics)
Bought this to record my long distance rides on my go pro. first impression was a bit disappointing looking on the item knowing how much money you have paid for this little bit of plastic.
Second impression and first ride on rough countryside roads - the long stem broke!
On the second ride - the short stem broke!

This item never was meant to work properly - its purpose is to make max money, nothing else - a shame for go pro!

Btw. - looking on video footage shot from bike perspective by professionals, I found they were using customized mounts with metal mounts - no I understand why!
cheers,

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not buy, 3 Jan 2012
This review is from: GoPro Handlebar Seatpost Mount (Electronics)
I bought this mounting kit with the express purpose of filming Road Bike footage.

After 3.5hrs use on smooth(ish) roads the small upright mount completely fractured, throwing my brand new GoPro Hero2 skidding across a road with cars and other vehicles looming down onto it. The battery one side of the road,( next to an open drain) the casing in pieces, plastic sealing clip in grass verge, camera scuffed but only by an act of God no lens damage - would I recommend these clips a resounding NO.

They are NOT well engineered; to tighten the bolts distorts the fitting, even with a retro fit of a piece of inner tube glued to the inside to give it some grip on the bars, they are not strong enough for anything apart from looking good on the bike - since this incident yesterday I now see that I am not alone in this issue - professionals use custom made metal fittings that will stand the strain. Do NOT buy these if you value your £300.00 camera - or if you do you know what to expect

GoPro should revisit the design of these and think about how to make them better and more robust - to be clear I am a road cyclist not a mountain biker- if I was 3 mins would see these fittings broken.

[...]

4.0 out of 5 stars Mounting on a helmet is smoother, but this mount is very convenient, 24 Oct 2011
This review is from: GoPro Handlebar Seatpost Mount (Electronics)

When using the mount on tarmac roads and paths the video is great and very smooth, however when on rough and bumpy terrain the video will be very shaky as there is no dampening of shock. Video is still watchable over some rougher cycle paths (if the mount is attached tightly) but not when off road.

For off road work, a helmet mount is much much better as my head doesn't shake as much as my handlebars!

I would recommend this for recording trips on the road or on most cycle routes as I find mounting the camera on a helmet quite tiring and annoying after a while. The handlebar mount is not noticeable so I use it much more often.

Attaches pretty much anywhere on my bike (Specialized Tricross).

1.0 out of 5 stars GoPro Seat Mount, 27 Oct 2012
This review is from: GoPro Handlebar Seatpost Mount (Electronics)
This mount as a package is garbage, used it twice and twice the camera went for a road trip. The components are brittle and therefor just break with the/any vibration. I had thrown the broken parts in the bin in disgust. A week later I find myself buying a grab bag of mounts and notice they have written on the label Edition 2 Ha-ha GP have decided the original run of this product is crap and fixed it, I guess using a softer material

bottom line great product but first edition is brittle try to avoid buying this one

Second Edition had done so many more miles and not failed once! Buy this one :) (The part clamped to bike has never failed, just the other parts..

1.0 out of 5 stars Go Pro Bar Mount Rubbish, 21 Feb 2012
I bought this item and within two rides the first long stem mount broke sending the camera across the road. The camera now has a damaged lens from this incident.

I subsequently remounted another camera and the second mount long stem mount broke on the first ride.

The long stem mount on this item is structurally weak. Do not use this item as you will risk damage to your camera.

5.0 out of 5 stars worth the money, 25 Aug 2012
This review is from: GoPro Handlebar Seatpost Mount (Electronics)
after reading reviews about this product i was not to keen but went for it anyway as i could not find anything elce .
i have used this at glentress and fortwilliam on many occasions on the handlebars of my mountain bike and it works perfect . It does not move at all and thats goin down the red route at fortwilliam which is very rocky .
Read some reviews about product snaping , i put mine on tight and had no problem .

i think this is a great product and does what it says on the tin and is very easy to put on and remove .

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job well, but design needed improvement, 1 Aug 2013
Joe (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: GoPro Handlebar Seatpost Mount (Electronics)
The plastic itself is flexible, but hasn't broken. The amendment I have personally made is taking a bit of inner tube rubber to the inside of the mount to provide more grip and protection to my handle bars.

4.0 out of 5 stars Rubberized adapters, 29 Jun 2013
This review is from: GoPro Handlebar Seatpost Mount (Electronics)
This product was recently updated and should come with two rubberized adapters.

You can check them at GoPro website:

[...]

Since mine didn't come with it I contacted GoPro support and they mailed this two missing parts directly to me.

3.0 out of 5 stars Adaptable but with limits, 28 Jun 2013
Mr. S. Watson (Falkirk, Scotland) - See all my reviews
Firstly, there must be a newer version of this mount as the one I received from Amazon did not have the rubber inserts as shown on the GoPro website- however, I contacted GoPro direct and they are sending the inserts over to me from USA.
I really wanted this for attaching to my walking poles or ice-axe - for the poles, a rubber insert will be required unless I want to fit it to the widest part of the pole.
As for mounting on a bike - I would hope to use it this way occasionally but I'm a bit wary as to whether or not it is up to withstanding high levels of vibration. If I was going to use it on a bike a lot then I'd spend that bit extra and buy the K-edge version which is made of aluminium and is pretty much bomb-proof
I've given it 3/5 as I feel some GoPro mounts really need to be made from metal