5.0 out of 5 stars Good Looking, High Quality Bag, 8 Dec. 2010
This review is from: Billingham Hadley Small Black Canvas Camera Bag with Black Leather Trim (Accessory)
I had been searching for a new camera bag for quite a few months. I have a canon 60d along with a 15-85 lens and also the 430EX speedlight.

I had been looking for a small comfortable bag, good looking bag that would take all this equipment. Because I like to store my camera in horizontal position I found that lots of camera bags were not suitable.

I initially bought the Hadley small but then swapped for the Hadley Pro as it was that little bit bigger but I think my thoughts will still be helpful to others.

The Billingham Hadley Small did fit all my gear perfectly with the camera sitting horizontally with the flash next to it but with the pro I now have the space to fit an extra lens when I eventually purchase one.

The internal padding is removable so you can take out the camera insert and use as a normal small messenger. All the padding is of very high quality as you would expect from Billingham.

The Hadley small does not have a zip on the back which the pro does.

I did purchase a fibernyte and a canvas bag at the same time as I did not know the difference between the two materials. The canvas felt a lot smoother while the fibernyte has a sort of shine to it. From articles that I read people had said that the canvas bag fades very quickly into a sort of brownish colour whereas the fibernyte holds its colour a lot better. As I didn't want a brown bag the fibernyte one was for me.

The strap is nice and flexible unlike most of the crumpler ones I have seen and the shoulder strap is also rather nice accessory should you require it.

The bag does cost a good bit more than other bags out there but when you are spending a lot on your camera gear you should really be protecting it in a good bag.

Overall it is a very good looking, quality product so have no problems recommending it but have a look at the various other sizes available as they may be a better fit for your gear.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nicely looking everyday handy bag, 1 July 2011
Bought this canvas bag nearly a month ago and i'm not disappointed at all from Billingham brand. Very well made and feel. The canvas seems tough and is waterproof backed-up by olive drab nylon/polyester interior, leather trims are thick, strongly padded removable insert, two big enough flap front-pockets. It does suit all my needs at the moment and easily fit my "Digital Gear" as a Nikon Coolpix P7000, a small analog Ricoh GR1s camera + another small analog Contax T2 camera. It could also fit my small table Cullmann Tripod Copter and a Nikon SB400 speedlight + one Stofen Omni-Bounce, wallet, keys, extra battery (P7000 + AA ones), others small stuff. Extra space between the insert and the back of the bag to fit papers and Grey Scale. This bag is highly recommended for Hybrids Cameras and Digital Compact Expert and others. Like it a lot!

5.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for., 6 Nov. 2010
Excellent quality, a Canon 5D mkII fits snuggly in with a 24-105mm L attached. Just the ticket if your travelling light.

5.0 out of 5 stars Billingham Quality, 12 Dec. 2013
To the uninitiated Billingham prices are likely to appear on the high side, but once you see and feel the quality I am confident that any keen photographer will be suitably impressed with its ease of use and the protection it affords valuable precious equipment. The only difficult part I found was picking the right size bag for my needs. I carefully compared all the measurements [internal and external] for the numerous bags available and I initially decided the 225 was the bag for me. When that bag arrived I found that whilst I was more than pleased with the quality, features, appearance and flexibility of use, it was big enough for two cameras and all the accessories I was ever likely to need.

Whilst it is rare that I want to carry so much I could still see its value in terms of use in the boot of the car when uncertain as to likely equipment needed at the end of the journey and the need for good protection. So the solution was to keep that bag and order a second smaller one for when I want to carry a bag thats not too bulky. I was tempted by the Hadley Pro but I did not want to get caught out again relying on the tape measure. I was left with the dilemma was the Hadley Pro too big or was the Hadley Small too small. The solution for me was to go on Youtube where I found numerous recordings on all Billingham bags including a professional photographers detailed comparison of the very two bags I was looking at.

The result was that I went for the Hadley Small which I have to say I am delighted with. It takes a Canon 5d MK111 horizontally with lens attached and there is still room for a flash behind the camera and some small equipment on top using the very adaptable velcro padding. Two very useful expanding pockets on the front and with all the 'man bags' in use now it does not look out of place or draw attention. The big bonus is I suspect that only keen photographers will ever recognise it as a camera bag and few people will ever guess you are in fact carrying equipment worth possibly thousands of pounds.

Sorry to harp on about size but the quality and flexibilty of Billingham bags is well documented and if you are going to pay Billingham prices I believe the bag chosen needs to fit personal needs exactly. My advice - any doubts go on Youtube.

5.0 out of 5 stars JUST THE BEST CAMERA BAG IN THE, 31 Oct. 2014
I had a pro in tan,
this is my second billingham.
JUST THE BEST CAMERA BAG IN THE WORLD

5.0 out of 5 stars One for the photographer who appreciates the finer things, 3 Dec. 2012
Seriously great bag.
For me a perfect size for the everyday venture anywhere. The city, the country, the hills, anywhere. Small enough so that you don't feel the weight all day but large enough to take a decent amount of gear. Plus the space behind the insert is large enough to fit your iPad. Bonus!

Sure these aren't cheap but why buy cheap every year when you can buy just one Billingham and have it for life?

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Bag, 2 Jun. 2012
Have used a number of camera bags over the years & this is by far, the best, most useful bag I have owned. Quality is fantastic & space inside well thought out ... ideal for main camera, lens, a couple of spare batteries, cloths & blower, etc. Product arrived as promised & is highly recommended