5.0 out of 5 stars Great product
Spent quite a long time reviewing the various products on offer, from cheap and cheerful to fully integrated car solutions. Didn't want the hassle or cost of getting something fitted in the car and also wanted the benefits of portability.

Published on 1 July 2009 by Frazzles

2.0 out of 5 stars Depends on the phone you use.
Design wise it's a very attractive piece of kit and I love how easy it fits on to my visor. I have to be very careful when attaching it as the clip is sturdy metal and it easily scratches the plastic of the visor. The charging cord is very short and I cannot charge the unit whilst it is attached to the visor which is a big pain.

When I purchased this my phone...
Published on 7 July 2011 by Mr. R. Marsh

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 1 July 2009
This review is from: Sony Ericsson HCB-150 Bluetooth Car Speakerphone (Wireless Phone Accessory)

Connected the HCB-150 to the power in the car turned on the Bluetooth on my Sony Ericsson C510 and both paired instantly. Phone book, recent calls all immediately avaiable form the HCB-150.

Turned the Bluetooth on on my work Blackberry 8800 and it also paired immediately, with contacts, calls available.

Using the HCB-150 and switching between phones is very straightforward. Speaker quality good. Still working on the best place to locate the unit for optimum microphone pickup as, I'm told, I can sound quite quiet. However, the fixing clip that comes with the unit makes it easy to move it around.

This is not the cheapest product around but it comes with good functionality and is very easy to use.

5.0 out of 5 stars does just whta it's supposed to........nearly!, 7 Mar. 2010
Neil (Liverpool. UK) - See all my reviews
this unit was very easy to set up and making calls is as easy as you like the sound quality is great and does all you could ask of it.....................just a could of very minor niggles.
1. it does not pick up mine or my wifes phones automatically. you have to push buttons to make the connection which is annoying rather than a real problem.
2. the second one is less important in that I can't sroll through the address book on the unit. I have to pick up the phone to do that. but scrolling through the address book while you are driving is dangerous any way so that is not really a problem which I would not do any way.
but I would recommend this unit

4.0 out of 5 stars Sony Ericsson HCB-150, 1 July 2010
K. Thomson "Kenny" (Cumnock, Ayrshire, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This product works very well and is easy to use. The reception is clear and likewise, the transmission according to people at the other end of the line. The only slight criticism is that the in-car charging lead is a bit on the short side. When possible, I charge the unit in the house using my phone charger, but if I had to do it in the car, I would have to remove the unit from the sun visor as the power socket is in the centre console.

2.0 out of 5 stars Depends on the phone you use., 7 July 2011
Mr. R. Marsh (UK) - See all my reviews

When I purchased this my phone was similar to the sony ericsson Elm (not a smart phone) and it connected quickly, accessed the phone book, read names back to you however I upgraded to an xperia x10 and all it does is allows me to answer and end calls. It no longer accesses the phone book and does not read names back. It also only displays the phone number of an incoming call rather than the name of the person as it appears in the address book which is a huge pain.

The sounds quality is only ok. The output speaker isn't that loud to be honest and if you are travelling on a motorway it is very difficult to hear the caller speaking. Similarly everyone I speak to has commented how quiet I appear to them and regularly get interference during a call which means I have to end the call and call them back to get rid of it. I have noticed a strange coincident that the faster my car is traveling the more interference they get.

Overall I cant help but feel disappointed by this product. I use to use the cheap in ear handfree units and purchased this cause I wanted to treat myself to something a little more special....however I don't think I got it. If you want to treat yourself don't buy this product as its just average and nothing special.

4.0 out of 5 stars Honest review, 18 Jan. 2011
Ordered the Sony Ericsson as it was on offer at a very good price via amazon.

The unit paired with my iphone 4 very easily, conversations in the car using the device have been generally very good with people claiming to be able to hear me very clearly. The audible quality of the speaker is ok, at times it is verging on sounding distorted but having said that i have never struggled to hear what people are saying.

Battery life is excellent, i have been using it now for around a month and use it regularly and have only just had to give it a charge.

The unit will also download the contacts from your phone but to be honest i think this is pointless, to actually access the numbers from the unit is cumbersome and it is much easier to get them from speed dials on the phone.

Pros: Battery life, easy to set up, nicely finished and also easy to use.
Cons: Speaker is ok but could be better, for some reason on the iphone it wont always pick up voicemails when selected on the phone, calls have been fine though.

If the speaker quality was better I would have given this 5 stars but it still represents good value for money!

4.0 out of 5 stars Feel a lot safer when driving, and on phone, 18 April 2011
A. R. Dunnett (UK) - See all my reviews
Having been using an earpiece handsfree for a couple of years, this is so much more practical. I have mine in a Volkswagen Transporter so lots of room, and no issue of obscuring vision, don't know what it would be like in a small car.
Only gripe is the display, difficult to read when looking towards bright sunlight, (which is obviously quite often). Would have been better with LCD display rather than LED. Spin wheel is used to scroll through the phone book, call list etc, I find it a bit too sensitive especially when driving.
Charge seems to last for a long time, although I am not using it heavily. Sound quality good, I have had no complaints from anyone even when I have been driving with the window open.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent service, 14 Oct. 2010
Excellent product purchased for my wife, who has a Blackberry Bold, highly recommend.
Originally disappointed when the product arrived damaged, however received a replacement days later, very good and fast service.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sony Ericsson HCB-150 Bluetooth Car Speakerphone, 25 Dec. 2010
sfc123 "SFC" (West of Scotland) - See all my reviews
I have been , on the whole, pleasantly surprised by this item. The sound quality is pretty good for a small unit. the initial set up was quick and easy, and apart from an occasional freeze up(requiring a reset) it works really well. Its obvious really but it does limit the use of you sun visor. Battery life is pretty good but you do need to switch it off when you leave the car.
In all pretty good - a great item particularly if you have to use different cars regularly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent and works with Iphone 3G!!, 8 May 2009
Lots of bluetooth items wont work with IP 3g but this did straight out of the box. Quality is excellent - highly recommended!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Speakerphone., 21 Mar. 2011
I saw a similar product recently and was planning to buy one. Then I noticed this on Amazon and at such an excellent price. Clear sound on both ends and very simple to use. So much better than the old 'secret service ear job' I had previously. The only thing I would have liked would be to be able to charge it inside rather than only in the car without additional cost.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›