5.0 out of 5 stars great item
Published on 8 Oct 2010 by tre

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay for lighter items
Bought this for our audi car - but it is probably only suitable for lighter items and my husband likes to picks up DIY bits and found he need something a bit stronger.
Published 5 months ago by Patricia DAvies

5.0 out of 5 stars great item, 8 Oct 2010
This review is from: Northcore Double soft roofracks (Misc.)
I have a small 3 door car, its a older car and so things like roof racks for it are not cheap. Not wanting to spend a lot on something I might only use once or twice a year, I decided to give this a try. I simply cant fault this product in any way what so ever. I packed all i needed for 3 people for a weeks camping holiday, and strapped it to the roof and off we went.

I was expecting the rack to have a bit of give in it, to shift slightly, but staring at it fixatedly for most of a two hour journey covering both dual carriage ways and narrow single track lanes up steep inclines, it did not budge at all. I thought it would shift about from side to side, and forwards and back, even just by a few inches, but it didnt, it held fast.

To set up took no more that a few mins to attach and no longer to fasten the straps. All in all i guess it took maybe about ten mins from package to being loaded and ready to go. No tricky bits, very straight forward. even on a 3dr hatchback with a sunroof it was easily attached, and did the job perfectly.

This is an ideal item for infrequent users of roof racks, it offers a no fuss solution, and people shouldnt be put off by the fact its sold as a surf product, I used it to hold big holdalls, and it couldnt have done the job better.

Im by nature a very critical person and like to moan and find fault where others dont, but this product I found simply faultless.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great option instead of a fixed roofrack, 17 Sep 2010
Daniel Roberts (Devon, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Northcore Double soft roofracks (Misc.)
I bought this item as I needed to transport a kayak to and from the beach. I didn't want to get a rigid roofrack, mainly as they cost far too much money. This item offered a great value alternative. The build quality is very good considering the cost. Also it only takes about 10mins to put it on the car. This was mainly designed for surf boards so it takes a bit of adjusting to secure a kayak, also I wouldn't travel far with it. That doesn't stop it earning 5 stars though as it is perfect for what I need, a quick and easy way to get my kayak to where I need to go. Another thing, when you take it off it's very easy to get it back into the bag so it's tidy to leave in the boot.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Roof Rack, 11 Feb 2011
This review is from: Northcore Double soft roofracks (Misc.)
The Roof Rack took no time to set up. It took the load of my Kayak with no difficulty.
While driving there was no time when the kayak moved.
It took about 30 seconds to take the Roof Rack down.
Over all an excellent product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb Roof Rack, 24 April 2011
Northcore Double Soft Roof Rack

I have a Ford KA.

My car does not have any rain gutters for a traditional roof rack to be fitted to so I was looking for an alternative when I discovered this brilliant product.

This is so simple to use, you just open the rear windows, lay one of the two soft rack pads on the roof, thread the cargo straps through the windows and pull them together through a quickgrip clamp,you then repeat this procdure for the other pad.

As an example I went to the timber yard and purchased 50 * 6 foot lengths of wood, layed them on top of the pads, strapped them together with the long straps already attached to the pads and the end result was as solid as a rock. Good product, arrived very quickly, superb value for money.

Anthony George

Redditch

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality, 22 May 2012
This review is from: Northcore Double soft roofracks (Misc.)
I bought this this for my kayak. It functions perfectly. Very secure. Within 10 mins you can easily set the roof rack up for the first time. After that it is very easy and quick. After my first travel with the kayak on the roof, I noticed some scratches where the kayak had rubbed against the roof between the two sets of pads. On my return journey I simply laid down a towel between the pads, problem solved! Such a better option to a highly expensive permanent roof-rack. Also the bag it comes with allows you to fold away the roof-rack very simply and store it neatly in your boot!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great roof rack, 15 May 2011
This review is from: Northcore Double soft roofracks (Misc.)
I wanted something that was quick and easy to to put on my car but which would be safe and secure. I have traditional roof rack bars but at different times carry a windsurfer and kayaks. It was always fiddly to adjust the bars depending on what I wanted to take and also took time to put the bars on the car (I prefer not to have them on permanently). The Northcore system goes on very quickly and easily and seems very safe and secure. The straps also adjust easily to accommodate either my windsurfer (plus sails and mast & boom) or a couple of Kayaks and paddles. It is clearly intended for surfboards because of their relatively short length and therefore copes easily with the windsurfer but struggles a bit with the length of the kayaks. For short trips with the kayaks it is fine (I live only a couple of miles from where I usually launch them) but I think if I were going on a longer trip with them I would either invest in the time to put the solid bars on or tie each kayak to the bumper at the front and back because there is a tendency for them to rock up and down because of their length. This is not a criticism of the Northcore roof rack but something others might want to take into account. Otherwise they are very secure and quick to use and I would have no hesitation in going on a long trip with the windsurfer using it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful relatively cheap product, 16 Mar 2014
This review is from: Northcore Double soft roofracks (Misc.)
I made a small error in assuming that a double soft roof rack meant fore and aft rather than side by side so have bought a product twice as big as I needed! I occasionally want to transport my kayak and did not want to buy yet another roof rack to fit a different car so I thought this would be just the job and it certainly allowed me to carry it for a relatively short distance. It is quite a big kayak and I probably would not be too confident driving long distances at any speed. The only real criticism I would have is that the buckles are very stiff and would be hard to engage with cold fingers.

4.0 out of 5 stars easy to use and reliable, 8 Feb 2014
This review is from: Northcore Double soft roofracks (Misc.)
Excellent product. Used it many times with a really long long board and a couple of medium sized board. Quick to put on, stays in place, feels solid enough and the boards don't wobble even at speeds of 70+. I am not sure whether would trust it to reliably hold 10 boards over a long distance.

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay for lighter items, 1 Feb 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars very very practical, 21 Nov 2013
This review is from: Northcore Double soft roofracks (Misc.)
easy use, quick fitting and leaves no marks on paintwork on roof to boot, not sure why you would need hard roof rack frankly
used to lug timber and canoe around so far without issue

Northcore Double soft roofracks