Format: Audio CD|Change

on 16 June 2008
Lady Antebellum are on fire right now in country music and with this excellent no.1 debut you can easily see why!!
They begin with their first superb hit Love Don't Live Here and the hits just keep on coming.With some fantastic catchy uptempos like their current hit Lookin' For A Good Time and Slow Down Sister these songs will be stuck in your head in no time.There's also the great female empowering song Long Gone which Hillary mainly sings on her own and Home Is Where The Heart Is which has a real summer sound to it,including a lovely fiddle arrangement.
There's also some beautiful ballads including the gorgeous All We'd Ever Need where Charles and Hillary sing as a duet(this really shows off their fantastic voices)and Can't Take My Eyes Off You.
This is a top notch debut from one of the hottest new bands in country right now....
on 21 February 2015
Not too long ago, I heard of a group called Lady Antebellum, a country-rock trio whose second album “Need You Now” won several Grammy awards. On listening to the album, I felt it deserved every single one of them and that it was one of the best albums of 2010 and one of the best country-rock records ever. For a while, I thought it was the best country-rock record I’d ever heard, but then I came across one which I feel is just slightly ahead of it. That occurred when I happened across Lady Antebellum’s self-titled debut which didn’t sell as well and didn’t win awards but which, for me, has something about it that sets it slightly ahead of “Need You Now”.

As good as Lady Antebellum’s second album is, this was even better. If I was pleased to have picked that album up in an HMV 2 for £10 deal, I was positively delighted to have bought this the same way. It may be a shorter album at 11 tracks and 43 minutes long, but it’s 43 minutes of absolute quality country-rock and is one of the few albums that could have bettered “Need You Now”. Whilst that album fully deserved the awards it won, this album should have won even more.

If you like country-rock or the newer alt. Country sound of Taylor Swift or Carrie Underwood, this is a must purchase, as it’s a wonderful example of the art. I don’t know if it’s possible to wear out a CD with repeated plays, but if it is, this is the one album I could do it on.

This review may also appear, in whole or in part, under my name at any or all of www.ciao.co.uk, www.thebookbag.co.uk, www.goodreads.com, www.amazon.co.uk and www.dooyoo.co.uk
on 29 April 2008
Don't be put off by the unusual name. This is an album you should buy if you like Sugarland, Calasia, Lantana or similar. There is a good mix of original material, even the slow songs aren't depressing so you don't have to reach for the 'next track' button as you often have to do with some country artists.
on 4 February 2009
Brilliant CD from a great new country group, I brought this a present for my husband and he hasn't stopped playing it! The male and female vocals are great together and its one of the best buys I have made for ages. Highly recommended!!!
on 13 September 2011
Its funny how some bands can just grab your attention with one song. As soon as i heard 'need you now' I was completely converted, such beautiful music with meaningful lyrics that most people can identify with. My favourite tracks on this album are 'Can't take my eyes off you' and 'One Day you will' however they are all great.
I would encourage anyone to give this album as well as their current album a go, as you will not be dissappointed.:)
on 30 May 2010
I purchased this Cd after hearing a song on the Radio at work, i liked the sound of them even though i'd no idea who they were or where they were from.
After some research i found them to be a Country & Western group with several awards for their music behind them.
This album is absolutely superb and i really like it, will look out for more of their albums in the future.
on 7 May 2011
Wow! This is one of the best albums I have heard in years. Every track is a winner - I wouldn't be a natural country fan, but this is country rock meets the 21st century. The lyrics are stunning

I heard about this from my daughter, who had herad about it from a friend - so pass the world along - Lady Antebellum are fantastic - Buy the album now.
on 13 May 2011
bought this album on the off chance I might like it as I loved the hit need you now on their other album. from the first time i listened to thi album i loved it, toe tappingly good. I don't think there is an off song on it, it's all brilliant. highly recommended if you like catchey tunes.
on 1 November 2010
Country isn't usually the kind of music I would listen to but this is such an uplifting, fun and enjoyable album it's completely changed the way I listen to music.
Lady Antebellum have a very authentic country sound, but there's something very powerful about the melodies that elevates this album.
The vocals, both guy and girl, are polished, electric and gorgeously performed. The production on the album makes everything stand out, there's a lot going on here and the mixing here really makes you enjoy every bit of it!
Overall an amazing album that I really think everyone could enjoy, depite usual musical tastes.
on 13 April 2010
This is a wonderful Album from the first song to the last. I had not heard of the band before, and it was a recomendation on Amazon. So glad it was, love this band, love their songs.