5.0 out of 5 stars 20 years old and still going
I had one of these 20 years ago for my first camping trip. It has been used for every camping trip since. I have never had to replace a part, been unable to get fuel (including in Europe)or had it refuse to light.
I have cooked everything from stir-fries to fondues, stews to pancakes and it has never, ever let me down.

I cannot reccommend highly enough. It...
Published on 24 Aug 2011 by Mrs. F. A. Parkinson

3.0 out of 5 stars Perfectly balanced between, "I love" & "I Hate"
Published 15 months ago by Matt

5.0 out of 5 stars 20 years old and still going, 24 Aug 2011
This review is from: Trangia 27 Cookset With Kettle & Spirit Burner (Sports)

I cannot reccommend highly enough. It was as expensive buy for me at the time but after 20 years it was definately money well spent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Trangia 27 cooking stove, 25 Oct 2010
This review is from: Trangia 27 Cookset With Kettle & Spirit Burner (Sports)
Ordered this product after travelling to Europe with my Brother-in-law who kept mentioning how good his old Trangia was. I took a single gas burner with me, but as we travelled on the Channel Tunnel, we were not allowed to take gas. This became inconvenient the other end as we had to try and find a gas retailer. He just took a small bottle of meths and away he went. A very compact and simple system that is very effective. Would highly recommend one of these. Be aware when ordereding as some packages come with kettles and some do not. For a second opinion look on youtube and most people only speak highly of them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality kit, 20 Oct 2010
This review is from: Trangia 27 Cookset With Kettle & Spirit Burner (Sports)
Had this now about six months and used it throughout the season. Took it on two solo 7 day treks wild camping all the way and it proved its worth, not the lightest but certainly up there with the best. Convenient, stable and reliable, fuel readily available from many outlets. If there's more than one of you then I would advise getting the bigger version but for solo its the bees knees. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid construction, leightweight, perfect fit, 2 Mar 2013
This review is from: Trangia 27 Cookset With Kettle & Spirit Burner (Sports)
I bought this for my 8 years old son. He loves it so much that we are using it everyday to warm his milk!!!

I liked the solid construction of the burner (brass), with the screw lid and the o-ring that sits perfect and avoids spills , when you store it with fuel left in.

I would recommend it to campers due to its low volume, lightweight properties.

I am thinking about buying a second one!

3.0 out of 5 stars Perfectly balanced between, "I love" & "I Hate", 18 Mar 2013
Matt "I have eclectic tastes." (Driffield, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Trangia 27 Cookset With Kettle & Spirit Burner (Sports)
It really is slap bang in the middle, before buying this you have to decide exactly what you want it for. Pick correctly and you will give it 5 stars, pick wrongly and you'll think 1! If we ignore the weirder options like self-heating food and suchlike, you have essentially 3 cooking options in camp, gas canisters (GC), pressurized liquid fuel (PLF) & unpressurized liquid i.e. Trangia. All have good and bad points. I'm just going to summarize where the Trangia stands.

PRO
The Trangia is so simple as to be virtually idiot proof. You are not going to blow up or poison yourself. You won't forget how it works either, this can be a big deal if you use a tool very occasionally. The Trangia comes with an excellent wind-shield/stand and a set of pans; the kettle is particularly good. The fuel is pretty easy to obtain, store & handle safely although it does have a couple of quirks. The burner is also an excellent replacement for the one included with Bodum's vacuum coffee maker BODUM Pebo 8-Cup Vacuum Coffee Maker, 1 Litre/ 34 oz (in fact that is the only thing I use mine for).

CON
Meths burns pretty cool so Trangia's are relatively slow. Despite being aluminium, there is a good bit of metal here so it is bulky and fairly heavy. The included pans are great if you actually use them, but are quite flimsy and, at least in my set, lack non-stick surfaces.

So you pays your money and you takes your choice; hopefully this review makes it easier to see whether the Trangia suits your needs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 9 July 2014
This review is from: Trangia 27 Cookset With Kettle & Spirit Burner (Sports)
An excellent stove, may not be the quickest but great in windy conditions. Well made and seems very sturdy.

5.0 out of 5 stars You can't go wrong with this, 11 Mar 2014
This review is from: Trangia 27 Cookset With Kettle & Spirit Burner (Sports)
Bought one of these back in the early 1980's and it is as good now as it was when it was new.

I quickly changed the frying pan for a non stick version to make cleaning breakfast fry ups that bit easier, bought a gas burner and a few years ago added a multi fuel burner.

The gas burner is brilliant but the multi fuel hose is fairly rigid and any movement causes the burner to pop out of the base.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for what it is, 30 Aug 2013
This review is from: Trangia 27 Cookset With Kettle & Spirit Burner (Sports)
Just come back from camping for the first time, and used the Trangia a few times, however we found it a bit small and we had to think what to cook before going as we were limited. We did manage a small fry-up for breakfast for two and it was good and quick.

4.0 out of 5 stars good price, 4 Mar 2013
This review is from: Trangia 27 Cookset With Kettle & Spirit Burner (Sports)
Ideal for an additional to a camping kit and at a good price. . . . . . . .

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't go wrong, 17 Jan 2013
This review is from: Trangia 27 Cookset With Kettle & Spirit Burner (Sports)
I have the 25 and now the 27 These stoves are great light and everything you need is there. whats not to like? If you want to cook for 2 id go for the 25 over the 27, although you could manage it just! on the 27 you would probably have your pans full to the rim and end up making a mess.