5.0 out of 5 stars south parkacular
Published on 21 Jun 2010 by Mr. M. T. Hunter

1.0 out of 5 stars Both orginal and return were faulty on disc 2!
I am writing this review to see if anyone else has had this problem? I pre ordered this season like I have all south park boxsets and when it arrived I prepared myself for an evenings view. There was a disc read error on the christian rock episode making it unplayable.

I returned it and top marks to amazon for a swift return being sent. Sadly the replacement...
Published on 27 Jun 2008 by Ms. Liza E. Brooks

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars south parkacular, 21 Jun 2010
Mr. M. T. Hunter (Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: South Park - Season 7 [DVD] (DVD)
I recieved this product as I wanted to get back into my southpark ways as it is hard to find proper televised entertainment which only features on certain days. I researched this product in order to find the best buy and this is definatley a find!the hilarity level is stil at its peak wher i stil find cartman to be the most biggoted and funniest creation since homer simpson!its also very cheap for the quality of entertainment and ther wasnt any problem with the christian rock band episode. so buy it!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic season - one of the best, 30 April 2008
This review is from: South Park - Season 7 [DVD] (DVD)
This is one of my personal favourite seasons, in which the show still continues its trend of excellence which had the bar raised in series 5. Series seven continues more of the controversial in "Krazy cripples", the episode that caused outrage for the use of Christopher Reeve and his `sick' attempt at renewing his super powers. Also excellent social commentry episodes such as "South Park is Gay" which is a satire on the metro-sexual trend and "Christain Rock Hard" which is a genius look at the whole illegal music download situation but the big laughs come from Cartman who starts his own christian rock band. I look forward to season eight next, but the bar is soon going to drop on this excellent standard.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant season, but it's censored!, 13 Feb 2011
This review is from: South Park - Season 7 [DVD] (DVD)
This season has some fantastic episodes on it with some of my most memorable moments. One of the top ones is Jimmy and Timmy making their own club for disabled-from-birth people... but they find there's already a "club" called the Crips! Also notable are Cartman's determination to write "Christian songs", and his brief tryst with Ben Affleck. This is also the first time we see much of the Goth kids, who are at once laughable and likable.

There's a lot of great moments, many of them hilarious, some of them clever, exactly what you'd expect from South Park.

My only gripe (and one fans should be aware of) is that the episodes are censored. (i.e. "bleeped"). I believe some of the earlier ones are not available uncensored - I'm not sure if this applies here, but it's worth knowing. I for one can't really understand why they can't be released uncensored on DVD.

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as anything before, 17 Jun 2010
This review is from: South Park - Season 7 [DVD] (DVD)
For anyone who has the ealier seasons and is thinking what I was
"mm....can these later seasons still really be as good?"

The answer is Yes. Get it. You won't be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!!!, 18 Mar 2014
This review is from: South Park - Season 7 [DVD] (DVD)
I had to buy series 7 to complete my collection and having watched it again I have to say its way up there as one of the best pieces of work from Tray Parker and Matt Stone.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my favourite SP seasons, 28 Feb 2014
C. Watson (London) - See all my reviews
Seasons 6 through 10 are, in my opinion, Matt and Trey at their peak. And I always love their commentary-minis on these DVDs!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 3 Dec 2013
In my opinion, this is the best South Park series. It's rude, it's offensive and it covers a diverse range of topics. Krazy Kripples, Christian Rock Hard and Casa Bonita were the highlights for me. I would also like to add (not taking away from how awesome this set is) that I do prefer the old packaging. I have all the seasons in the old packaging and this new re pack looks so out of place in between them. However, that doesn't matter in the great scheme of things! I do wish they would uncensor the repack versions, I'm sure it wouldn't be that hard!?

5.0 out of 5 stars Season 7 is the best South park season!!, 3 Jan 2010
Kirsten Ball (The UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: South Park - Season 7 [DVD] (DVD)
I am a serious south park viewer and I must say that season 7 is the one to get if you are only going to get one series. The price on here is excelent and I personally found no problem with disk reading on any episodes. It must have been a faulty shipment.

5.0 out of 5 stars SOUTH PARK SEASON 7 IS THE BEST BUT..., 2 Nov 2008
Mrs. D. Wilson (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: South Park - Season 7 [DVD] (DVD)
South park Season 7 is great but on my disc 1 there is a falt in crazy crips, but it doesnt matter to me, this is one of the funniest of all south park seasons, funny and swearing,must buy this dvd box set

5.0 out of 5 stars Two bens and one jen. among others, 2 Feb 2009
Paul Tapner (poole dorset england) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: South Park - Season 7 [DVD] (DVD)
the complete seventh season of south park comes to dvd. there's no point in me describing the set up and basic idea of the show because there's no chance of anyone reading this who doesn't already know all about it. so let's look at the discs and the episodes.

fifteen episodes. five to a disc. all have language tracks in english german and spanish, and subtitles in english danish dutch finnish german norwegian spanish and swedish. the only extras on each discs are mini commentaries on each episode from trey parker and matt stone, the creators of the show. these are different from usual dvd commentaries because they only run about five minutes, during which time they will say all they have to say about the episode before moving on. two highly articulate and very amusing individuals, every one of these is well worth a listen.

episodes on disc one:

'cancelled': the boys discover earth is just a reality tv show and try to stop the aliens who make it cancelling the programme. very clever satire on reality tv.

'krazy kripples': cripples jimmy and timmy mistakenly join a street gang and christopher reeves goes a bit crazy in his attempts to walk again. tasteless, and it manages to satirise the fact that it goes too far, but also very funny.

'toilet paper': the boys toilet paper a house and cartman tries to deal with kyle's attack of remorse. featuring clever movie parodies and generally pretty funny.

'I'm a little bit country': an iraq war protest [this season dates from 2003] leads cartman to travel to 1776 to meet the founding father. the 100th episode of the show cleverly breaks the fourth wall and makes clever points about politics. great stuff.

'fat butt and pancake head': also rather dated topically now but a merciless satire on then hot couple ben affleck and jennifer lopez with cartman making a hand pupppet of the latter that takes on a life of it's own. this has the most wonderfully twisted ending ever!

disc two:

'lil crime stoppers' the boys become police officers. great satire on cop shows.

'red man's greed' the town loses everything to the local indian tribes. funny character names and a good look at greed

'south park is gay' satirising the tv show queer eye for the straight guy has all the man of the town become metrosexuals only for kyle and mr garrison to discover the shocking truth about the show presenters. another delightfully inspired twist follows.

'christian rock hard' takes on the music industry and downloading music off the internet and nothing escapes the satire. wonderfully satisfying ending.

'grey dawn' covers the issue of old age pensioners being allowed to drive and satirises a certain 80's movie. good fun.

disc three:

'casa bonita' cartman will stop at nothing to get to a restaurant. and I mean nothing. fun watching how it turns out.

'all about mormons' has a mormon family move to town. it appears to be satirising the religion at first but is far more cunning than that. delightful ending.

'butt out' takes on the pro and anti smoking lobby with a good few laughs as a result.

'raisins' mercilessly satirises goth culture and movie cliches about break ups.

and the christmas episode 'it's christmas in canada' is a fun satire of the wizard of oz. with a surprising man behind the curtain. another brilliantly inventive episode.

a quality season in a great package for it. and I had no problems with the disc for the episode christian rock hard.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

South Park - Season 7 [DVD]
South Park - Season 7 [DVD] by South Park (DVD - 2008)
Used & New from: 4.98