4.0 out of 5 stars Great chopping boards
These boards look great & I find them very practical. I do a lot of cooking and it really helps to separate chopping of veg, meat fish etc...

Some of the comments made by others are absolutely sopt-on:
- The boards are not huge (check dimentions before buying to ensure they meet your needs)
- They boards DO mark easily - but then you bought them to...
Published on 29 Dec. 2009 by A. Sharad

1.0 out of 5 stars All Style - No Function
Published on 1 Sept. 2009 by Alien in NY

1.0 out of 5 stars All Style - No Function, 1 Sept. 2009
This review is from: Joseph Joseph Index Colour Coded Chopping Board Set (Kitchen & Home)
I was given these as a present and they were a good looking addition to the kitchen. However I already had two chopping boards and didn't really 'need' these so left them purely as decoration. However, having guests over at the weekend I had used my two Ikea chopping boards (£3.50 about 4 years back) so used these to fillet some steak and chop up some veg for the BBQ. Now I used my Global knives on these- the a sharp fillet knife for the steak and a veg chopper for the veg. Both knives are about 15 years old but still sharp although the veg knife could do with a tune up. On a marble worktop you often have to put a cloth under a board to stop it slipping around but these ever slipped around on the cloth.

After washing the boards I was disgusted to see the amount of grooves and lines cut into the surface of the boards. It looks like they are about as old as the knives. I noticed a customer of mine had some in her Kitchen when I visited her today and I asked if she was pleased with them. She pulled out three of the boards and they were all suffering from what looked like excessive wear even thought they are only two months old and only used occasionally as she only cooks at weekends. Also she pointed out that the holder had cracked around the base. I looked at mine again and mine has two.

All in all, I would say that this is a good design poorly executed by the choice of materials used. I will certainly not be buying anymore Joseph Joseph products nor using these boards except for when my cheap Ikea ones have ben used. Save yourelf the cash and buy cheap boards - they will last longer and not harbor the germs in the cuts like these ones have

3.0 out of 5 stars A little dissapointing, 1 Feb. 2009
Garth Jackson-Smith (London) - See all my reviews
Great idea but the chopping boards could have been made with something that didn't leave marks after cutting

1.0 out of 5 stars Stylish but lethal, 8 Dec. 2009
C. Boate - See all my reviews
The plastic these boards are made fromm is very slippy which is dangerous with sharp knives and they also look get deep scrapes from day one which makes them germ-friendly and old-looking. Was given them as a present, can't get over the price for something we will be throwing away soon enough!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great chopping boards, 29 Dec. 2009
A. Sharad "Snow Dogg" (Buckhurst Hill, Essex United Kingdom) - See all my reviews

Some of the comments made by others are absolutely sopt-on:
- They boards DO mark easily - but then you bought them to use, not display - stacked away they look brill
- They store brilliantly & there is a cut-out at the bottom so no nasty food residues to clean out of the storage rack

I've given 4*s because I would have loved the boards to be 20% - 30% bigger...

4.0 out of 5 stars Stylish but yes they do mark easily, 10 July 2012
Mr. Simon M. Collins (Reading, UK) - See all my reviews
Lets face it we all bought these boards for their style which they clearly deliver on. My wife is vegetarian so this caught our eye for the colour coding for different board types to keep meat & veg away. It takes up very little space on your kitchen surface and does look the part. The boards grip well due to the 4 rubber corners on each side. They are a little on the small side but we use them for day to day chopping and anything large we use our trusty old TG wooden boards.

As other reviewers have commented - we also were a tad annoyed at how easy they are to mark with larger knives. Cutting a loaf of crusty bread with a global bread knife we managed to make some decent gouges in it without much effort. Unfortunately I also managed to clip the tab part with the little picture on it which shows even when the board is stored.

Overall I will give a 4 as at the end of the day it's a chopping board and they all get cut marks but I when you buy something for its looks you want them to at least hold their condition for a while and not start to look tatty after minimal use. These for show, wood for a pro.....

3.0 out of 5 stars joseph index chopping board, 25 Mar. 2009
this item looks good,but not very practicle.
the chopping boards are to small and move around when cutting
but looks great on the work top
Have had to buy a more useable chopping board

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for serious cooks, 11 Aug. 2009
Annie (London United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This is a great idea: they look good and the fact that they can go in the dishwasher is a bonus. But if you cook a lot, and want a chopping board that can go in the dishwasher, I'd look at the Top Gourmet chopping boards. You don't get the snazzy case or the colour coding, and you only get about two vs the four boards you get here; but they're slim, they perform much better, wear better and go in the dishwasher.

1.0 out of 5 stars Chop it up and throw it away, 26 Nov. 2008
I purchased this item two days ago. On first glance it does indeed look stylish and practical. It is however a chopping board with a major problem. The boards mark with even the lightest touch of a knife. Therefore within 10 minutes I had two boards which were heavily scuffed and marked by a bread knife and a meat knife. The marks are quite heavily indented - if you run your finger across them you can actually feel the marks. Whoever designed this product obviously never used it.

1.0 out of 5 stars triumph of style over practicality, 23 Nov. 2008
F. Welsh "I have too many cds" (Cheshire) - See all my reviews
After only one use these looked as bad as the 5 years old ones I threw away and replaced these with.
Very poor product, looks nice though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 6 Jun. 2013
I have used these chopping boards for about four years now - I have only just noticed I never reviewed them! - they are still used on a daily basis and have never let me down. Very pleased.

Joseph Joseph Index Colour Coded Chopping Board Set