5.0 out of 5 stars Relieved and Happy
Published on 1 Mar. 2010 by E. Schluter

1.0 out of 5 stars danger
Be very careful using this product, and check with the vet first. I followed the directions precisely, and my dog had a vestibular attack as a result. This is very frightening, and I thought I was losing her.
'Vestibular attacks come on suddenly, almost like a stroke. Symptoms include wobbliness,a head tilt, circling, vomiting and rhythmical eye movements.'
I...
Published 16 months ago by jadlum

5.0 out of 5 stars Relieved and Happy, 1 Mar. 2010
This review is from: Quistel Soothing Ear Cleaner for dogs cats and small animals 50ml (Misc.)
I own 3 dogs and my 2 Labradors suffer from extreme ear wax and ear infection. The Vet told me they suffer from an allergy but we still could not find out against what.I can't remember how often we have been to see the vet and how often they both have been treated with antibiotic and steroids.But as soon the medication treatment was finished, i could counter the days till the ear infection came back. I have researched the internet and tried every treatment people recommended what have helped their dogs/animals with ear infection.Nothing seemed to help till I bought and treated my 2 Labs with Quistel Soothing Ear Cleaner. I followed the Quistel treatment advise and after 2 days I noticed that the ear wax and infection was calming down. Now after a 1 week treatment the infection cleared up complete and neither of my dogs have a lot build up ear wax. I can't tell you how happy and relieved I am to found this ear Cleaner.
1 advise and would like to give: In case you/your dog find this ear cleaner a bit to harsh, mix some warm olive oil with a few drops of Quistel. I use this on all 3 dogs 1 a week to clean the ears and help to prevent ear infection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ear drops, 3 Jun. 2011
Hi i have a Cocker Spaniel who is just over 4 years old and he has so much trouble with his ears.
I have, like most dog owners tried every thing from the vets possible to help him, but to no avail.
I have spent so much money, going to the vets and trying all the different products.
I was amazed when I tried this product and can't believe the results.
Within 24 hours, his ears do not smell and the amount of gungy black wax has nearly gone.
I will be recommending this to all my friends that have animals.
Thank you so much.
Annmarie

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic., 27 Nov. 2011
My Australian Shepherd has finally found relief!! Just like many of the other reviews; I have had numerous vet trips looking for the right product to stop my Sophie from itching her ears and constantly shaking her head. After just two days her ears were not as red and the shaking decreased. After a week her ears are back to normal. Both me and the dog are very happy and I will definitely be buying more to keep her ears in tip top shape.

5.0 out of 5 stars Effective, 19 July 2011
Highly Recommend this ear cleaner, within 1 day you can see the results. My dog was happier!I have used this product twice and never disappoints! Plus does not irritate or cause any other issues after application which is great!

5.0 out of 5 stars Ongoing ear problem for my dog, 23 May 2011
I have had expensive washes from the vet for my dogs ear which was bothering her by being blocked by nasty gungy stuff. Quistel diluted with olive oil and applied as instructed has eased the problem.

5.0 out of 5 stars If only I'd found this sooner, 18 July 2011
Thanks to everyone who reviewed this product, it helped me make my decision and it's the best product I've tried.

Like a few of the previous reviewers my dog (Elliot, German Shepherd Crossbreed) has had persistent problems with his right ear. Ever since I got him 5 years ago his ear has become inflamed and covered in horrible reddy brown discharge on a regular basis. I had resigned myself to a lifetime of simply 'managing' the problem but even with regular ear cleaning his condition would get so bad that he couldn't settle, continually shaking his head and trying to scratch. Because he couldn't scratch the inside of his ear any part of his body would do and he would end up with bald spots where he'd worn away his fur.

When his condition worsened we would trot off to the vets and come away £50 lighter and with prescription cleaner and medical treatment for the symptoms (usually Aurizon or Surolan). The vets didn't really come up with any plausible causes apart from "Dogs ears are perfect breeding grounds for bacteria." With regular treatment the condition would clear up, his ear would become less inflamed and less discharge would appear, however, as soon as the treatment stopped his condition would gradually return; red inflamed ear and reddy brown discharge, eugh!

We had just finished a course of treatment and even using the prescription cleaner from the vets the condition was already returning so in anticipation of it running out I had a look on Amazon to see if there was a suitable replacement. When I first saw this the colour kind of put me off but it's made from violets so it is actually a natural colour. When I read some of the reviews about this stuff solving the same persistent problem that Elliot had been suffering from I though it was worth a go.

After only 2 treatments the condition vanished! How on earth does that work?!? Poor Elliot has been suffering for years with this, the vets haven't really shed a great deal of light on the matter (like how come it only affected one of his ears and what was causing it) and it cost me a fortune. Two doses from a £15 bottle of ear cleaner and that's years of stress and heartache over with, I can't believe it.

You can see the benefit in Elliot now as well, he used to walk around with one side of his head slightly cocked over and his affected ear flatter to his head than the other, now he's walking around with both ears sticking up (as much as they can, I think there's a bit of Labrador in him so the tips of his ears are floppy) and no visible tilt to his head. Amazing.

What I would say is that if you're like me and can't find a solution to your problem, try this. It's worth a go, it changed mine and Elliot's little lives. Can't wait to tell the vet, hopefully the next time we see him is when Elliot needs his booster.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quistel Soothing Ear Cleaner for dogs cats and small animals 50ml, 24 Sept. 2012
My westie has had a very bad infection of ear mite, I was advised my vet and our dog groomer to keep the ears dry at all times and do not tried to clean them out, this I have done but have used canker powder for the last two weeks, twice a day, purchased from our faithfull old Amazon site.
Althought my westie stopped shaking his head and the ears seem to have 'dried up', into the third week he started shaking his head again, but not as much as before. I have tried to clean out his ears with a dry cloth but it is so caked up in there that I cannot see if it is still infected or if it is just the mess left behind, at the very beginning of this unpleasent infection his ears stunk, and I hate to say but he was 'billy no mates'.
I have used this ear cleaner for three days now and nearly all of the ear wax has gone (please be warned, the wax you will find around the place so you need to clean up all the time)Jacks ears are looking pink again which is fab, once the drops have been put in the ear he still shaked his head a lot, but this has been advised in the instructions and is to be expected, but today I can actually see the pink deeper in his ears and he seen a lot happier than he has been for a while, the stink of the ears have completely gone but I will continue to use it for te next two weeks as instructed.....and once again Jack is now my best friend and gets lots of cuddles.

5.0 out of 5 stars ear drops, 6 May 2013
fantastic, my poor alfie was prone to bad ears but at nearly £50 a time for each vet visit and ear drops i was struggling to keep up, so i decided i had nothing to lose by trying this product and oh my goodness it is a god send, alfie's ears cleared up after a few days of using this to his relief and mine, so now i will be treating his ears once every month to keep them clear and will definitely be stocking up on quistel and i would definitely recommend

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Product, 22 Jun. 2012
As with other reviewers I have spent hundreds of pounds at the vets trying to treat ear problems in my two Westies. I read the reviews from others who had the same issues and gave it a try - I am amazed at how effective it is and how quickly it works on very sore, swollen and itchy ears. The vets had my dogs on steriods, ear washes and drops which they hated. This does the job efficiently and the only effort you have to put in is to place the bottle in a cup of hot water prior to using. I have recommended this to another Westie owner whose dog gets recurrent ear problems and she has echoed my sentiments. I wish I had heard of this before my recent £200 vet bill! Of course it is not a cure but neither are the vets treatments, but as soon as you see your dog in discomfort use this wonderful product - I find it works overnight. Give it a go - you won't be sorry and best of all it is all natural.

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy Doggy, 12 Mar. 2011
My dog has had a bad ear for some time vets gave us drops but when they had finished a couple of week the problem would be back. On reading a review of Quitel Soothing Ear cleaner thought I would give it a try. Within a couple of days I had a happy dog again, her ear red raw and she cried when I first put the drops in but now she is fine I added some olive oil to the drops which made the solution last longer as its quite strong but it certainly does the trick I will be ordering more in the future if her ear plays up again.