Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn more Shop now Shop now

on 5 August 2011
I had a 20ft birch tree that had to go as it was sucking up all the nutrients & water from the soil and nothing would grow anywhere near it. My orginal idea was to hire a chain saw until I saw that it was almost cheaper to buy one than hire one! Based on the reviews and the pic of someone apparently sawing up quite a big log I eventually decided to give the Draper Expert saw a go. Initial doubts were completely dispelled when I started to use it. 2 to 3 inch branches were cut through in no time and the main trunk in a few minutes, even where it was close to the ground and quite an awkward posture. Another reviewer complained about excessive packaging - the complaint was listened to as it arrived sandwiched in cardboard (the blade has a protective guard). All-in-all an excellent garden saw for heavy jobs and would probably comfortably deal with trees with 6 to 8 inch trunks (the length of cut in the picture was 6ins.)
review image
on 27 February 2012
Makes easy work of cutting tree branches and would recommend to use good secateurs for very thin branches. Thickest branch I had was 5" and was able to cut through it in about a minute and some were quite wet which caused no problem. The handle, curved blade and teeth are perfectly designed for the job. You should note that this is a pull saw which cuts on the pull stroke.
on 6 July 2011
This saw is the best piece of kit I've bought for years! I needed to cut some big bits of tree and the pictures suggested that this was the tool for the job: it was.
With a good grip, even for small female hands, it cuts cleanly and without a lot of effort. This saw does its job so well that it's a real pleasure to use.
It would be a good buy at full price - at the sale price it's brilliant! I can highly recommend it. Everyone should have one.
on 27 December 2011
An excellent product, well made and good value.It allows you to get into places that a Bow Saw won't and I've managed to take out 4 to 5 inch branches with it.
on 20 November 2011
This is fantastic, a real pleasure to use. Will just need to stop myself cutting everything in the garden.

In the past the thought of cutting any much bigger than an inch, and I would shy away from it, now I'm looking to see how big I can cut, will try a 9-10inch log in the next couple of days.
on 6 October 2012
This is the best saw I have ever used. Goes through branches like butter, even up to 4 inches thick. Quite sure I could take a fair size tree down with this if wanted.
on 22 May 2013
Apart from the ridiculously large square box the item was delivered in ,the saw is very good.A blade protector is included which is welcome.I have cut down tree branches of varying sizes from 1" to 10" in diameter with no problems so far.The curved aspect of the blade and the fact that it cuts on the reverse stroke did get me to alter my sawing style but after a few minutes I got used to it which aided branch cutting no end.Its not a miracle product and your arm will still get tired after prolonged use but it is a very good garden saw at a very reasonable price.
on 25 February 2016
I looked at the reviews of this saw.. I brought it and was not disappointed... cuts through 4 inch branches like butter.. I was taking down a small tree and also had a bow saw that I did not use.. the customer said to me dont you need a chain saw that wont get through that..i replied i think you will be surprised. This saw cuts amazing.. It cut a 10 inch plus trunk right at the bottom completely straight.. Top product and more than worth the money
review image review image review image
on 6 August 2015
I was tempted to buy an electric handsaw but opted to get one of these instead based on the reviews that I had read. I used it today for the first time on a tree that I cut down a few months back and I was well impressed. The curved nature of the blade means that when you and pushing and pulling on the saw there is always a down force which means that the cutting motion becomes much more efficient and yields a faster cut. 5 inch thick branches were not a problem with this.

The blade does flex a fair amount which can be a good or a bad thing depending on how you are using it but so far it's not been a problem for me. It's not bad enough to cause it to fold when you are pushing against the saw but a couple of times it has become jammed in the wood that I've been cutting but that may very well be due to the amount of wood I was cutting through.

The handle is ergonomically shaped. I was using it with gardening gloves on and there was some rub against the inner side of my thumb. It's probably more comfortable to use with well worn gloves or without gloves completely.

The protective sheath is also another nice touch which means I can hang it in my shed without having to worry about rubbing against the blade when I'm rumbling around in the shed or if it falls damage inflicted will be minimal.
on 24 June 2014
I have only given the s saw four stars because I think it could have been more sturdy.
Although it is very sharp and cuts through wood like butter. It is a bit bendy.
The handgrip is very comfortable and makes it quite easy to use.
I'm still glad I bought it.