5.0 out of 5 stars Healthier veg
As storage space was limited, I was looking for a steamer which I could use in conjunction with my own saucepans rather than a set. This works very well and sits securely on various sizes of pans. Pleased I bought it.
Published on 9 Feb 2011 by Helen

3.0 out of 5 stars Inexpensive
Published 13 months ago by C. Combes

5.0 out of 5 stars Healthier veg, 9 Feb 2011
Helen (Berwick upon Tweed) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Works flawlessly, 13 Sep 2010
Dervish Mono (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Judge Basics Multi Stemer Insert Fits 16, 18, 20cm HX12
Didn't need another full appliance to clutter my kitchen and this is perfect. Inserts into one of you existing pots and steams perfectly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic steamer, 20 May 2011
This review is from: Judge Basics Multi Stemer Insert Fits 16, 18, 20cm HX12
This is such a great steamer. I use it several times a week. I like the way it fits into almost every pot I have and can go in the dishwasher.
Reasonably priced.
Received very promptly.

4.0 out of 5 stars Just one criticism, 17 Jan 2011
Hank (Hemel Hempstead UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Judge Basics Multi Stemer Insert Fits 16, 18, 20cm HX12
This is a solid well made object and it fitted all my saucepans which are mainly pre-metric. My one criticism is that the knob on the glass lid is not insulated and it can get quite hot

4.0 out of 5 stars steamer, 4 Sep 2010
This review is from: Judge Basics Multi Stemer Insert Fits 16, 18, 20cm HX12
cooking vegetables are easy now and so much healthier. Fits into all my saucepans and so takes up less space than the bigger version.

4.0 out of 5 stars Better Than an Expanding Basket, 7 July 2011
This review is from: Judge Basics Multi Stemer Insert Fits 16, 18, 20cm HX12
Hmm, my title makes it sound like the intro to Superman, but maybe that's not so wrong. This extremely reasonably priced steamer insert is a wonderful find after using the expanding basket type for many many years. I have polished stainless steel saucepans, so it looks as if it was made for them, and it sits as comfortably on either the small, medium or the large.

It makes serving far easier too, as I can simply lift it off the saucepan and either hold it and serve with a spoon, or tip its contents into a dish or onto a plate, or I can stand it on a plate. My 'old' basket type would fully expand itself and tip the contents all over the worktop if I tried any of those methods! And being able to stand it on the worktop means I can heat the water in the saucepan, and prep the veg into the steamer before putting it on the pan, thereby letting the water boil first - much better for keeping the nutrients in. I've been using this several times a week for a couple of months and it washes easily and looks as good as new with no signs of tarnishing.

The glass lid is a bonus, making it far easier to see how the veg are doing, but best of all it has a steam hole, which my ordinary saucepan lids don't. My only reason for knocking off a star is that the lid does still rattle a tiny bit sometimes, and a little steam does then still escape around it which I was hoping to avoid, but nowhere near as badly as my standard lids. Given the price I realise I'm being ultra picky and if I was being fairer it probably does deserve a 5 based on price.

Definitely a great find and I would recommend it heartily. Delivery and packaging were great too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits all pans and just works..., 15 July 2010
This review is from: Judge Basics Multi Stemer Insert Fits 16, 18, 20cm HX12
Not much you can say really other that the universal fits works on all the pans we own. It works very well, the glass lid is good to see how things are cooking and the vent hole keeps the presure building up. Brilliant and great value.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little product., 26 Oct 2011
Suze "Susie" (England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Judge Basics Multi Stemer Insert Fits 16, 18, 20cm HX12
I had an electric steamer but hated it because of all the sections which came with it. I just don't have loads of storage space for all that. And the plastic container thingies looked a bit grubby after several uses.
So this seems a better idea for me.
It cleans really well.
As long as you remember not to put your veg etc in it until the water is actually boiling, you can't really go wrong.
I just boil the kettle and fill it from that.
I did find the timing instructions for cooking in the supplied booklet to be a bit off, though.
For example, my booklet says Broccoli needs 15 - 20 minutes. So, of course I followed the instructions the fist time I used it and got very soggy veg.
I have found that it is nearer 5 minutes for Broccoli. Which is a BIG difference!
But all cookers vary, so make sure you test how long yours needs before you cook for any guests!
I like this product. Simple but effective.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have!, 24 Dec 2010
This review is from: Judge Basics Multi Stemer Insert Fits 16, 18, 20cm HX12
I use this about 5x a week, i've had it for a while now and it's still like new. steams veg well. can't fault it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Inexpensive, 17 Jun 2013
C. Combes "cc" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Judge Basics Multi Stemer Insert Fits 16, 18, 20cm HX12
This was very inexpensive so I was not too disappointed by the light quality of this metal steamer insert. However the design is not great: the "steps" in the base that enable it to fit a variety of pan sizes are too far apart. When using with a 20cm pan the base of the steamer is too close to the base of the pan. If you tried to steam veg above a pan containing more than a few cut up potatoes, the base of the steamer would actually be in the water.