on 11 April 2008
Picked up one of these from Argos as no availability from Amazon. To be fair I am very amateur in terms of camcorders and this one was to replace an 8 year old Panasonic GS15 which cost around £650 at that time.

I was very pleased with every aspect of the GS90 (esp joystick control, ergonomics and anti-shake) except the picture quality on playback.

As this is pretty fundamental and I cant live with the grainy images I have taken the camcorder back and have ordered a GS330 (£370ish) instead.

Playback was via a 37" LCD screen which clearly shows up the picture limitations of this camcorder. Images are esp grainy when shot indoors in dimmer (with lights on) conditions than sunlight.

I suspect picture quality would be on a par with equivalent (sub £200) Sony camcorders. Potential purchasers need to be aware that playing back budget camcorders on large screen TV's will show up this weakness....

Hence either playback on smaller screens (if you can live with that) or buy a better camcorder (which is what I have elected to do)....