5.0 out of 5 stars Highly affective
Published on 5 Sep 2009 by Ms. K. Tidswell

3.0 out of 5 stars Love/Hate product
I have used this product for a few years and while it is wonderful for preventing bites it has some frightening consequences if you aren't careful with it. Within a short time of carrying the product around it had leaked badly in my bag. Everything in the bag felt oily. It needs the protective case covering it. The case does not appear to be a permanent case, but one...
Published 7 months ago by Fernlady

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly affective, 5 Sep 2009
I bought this for my 5 week visit to Ghana. Anything that flies or crawls loves me to bits, I am often the only one in the group who gets bitten. I was covered with midge bites in Scotland for example, no one else had any. I was therefore paranoid about mosquitoes and was looking for some really strong stuff that really works and must say I found it with this product. No bites whilst other volunteers were bitten regularly even though they used other brands containing Deet. I was delighted, at last a repellant that really works. Whilst it is apt to be a bit sticky this is a small price to pay in my view, I will now use no other brand and highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must-have item for South East Asia!! Get the large bottle!, 14 Mar 2014
This review is from: Lifesystems Expedition Plus (Sports)
Awesome product! My only regret was that I bought the small size!

Used during a recent cycling trip through Thailand, Cambodia and Vietnam. Long days under the sun, beside rice fields and rivers. Sprayed on every morning (about 20 mins after applying my factor 50 sunblock). No bites at any time I was using it. That's impressive, considering that I'm a freckled white guy who was eaten alive by midges in Scotland. Unfortunately I ran out on the Mekong delta and was subjected to the full onslaught!

The smell isn't unpleasant but I did cough a lot when spraying in enclosed areas (soon stopped with fresh air). Not a huge fan of applying chemicals to the body, but this one I am willing to accept!

Buy with confidence!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 24 Sep 2010
This review is from: Lifesystems Expedition Plus (Sports)
I bought this for a three month backpacking trip is SE Asia. This was the best mozzie spray I used by far. It has a fairly nice smell and unlike the jungle formula brand leaves no stickiness and diddn't irritate my skin. Great product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked for me, 6 May 2014
This review is from: Lifesystems Expedition Plus (Sports)
Recently went to Roatan Honduras and used this while I was there. Mosquito's usually love me but I only got bitten 3 times, and I think that was down to me not applying thoroughly. People in our group who didn't use bug repellent got bitten to pieces so I'm glad I did!

The bottle is quite small and only lasted maybe 5 days, two applications per day, but I maybe have been over doing it slightly!

Another good alternative that I used (and also happens to be non DEET) was Mosi-Guard - also available on Amazon. It did smell pretty bad so I preferred to use this lifesystems stuff but it also worked and I guess that's the main thing!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 11 Jan 2011
This review is from: Lifesystems Expedition Plus (Sports)
I recently had a holiday in Thailand, before going I was worried about the mosquito problem as they absolutly love me, dont know why but I always get bitten when no one else does, this includes horse flies which are the worse!
I bought 2 tins of Lifesystems DEET 50 and used this from day one in Thailand and did not get bitten once when wearing the Deet50.
The only time I got bitten was when some idiot suggested we go straight from the pool for something to eat. I had no chance to put Deet on as this was in my room -got about 20 bites on my legs and arms in 3 hours! Never went out in the evening without DEET 50 again - it works!

5.0 out of 5 stars Be Aware it Eats, 22 Feb 2013
I bought this product on recommendation and it certainly did the trick - 4 bites over 2 weeks in Bangkok was a miracle, as I'm normally eaten alive and that's on areas I'd missed. But be aware it's like a mild acid and eats into certain surfaces or materials i.e. if you spray it over your exposed feet area with shoes or sandles on, it will react with the finish of your footware and can stain or eat into it. Some spilt on bedding and stained it black some spilt in my beachbag and ate into the rubber.
Frighteneing as we're using it on our skin but it does the job?

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin - and very well!!, 24 Jun 2014
This review is from: Lifesystems Expedition Plus (Sports)
My wife and I have just come back from Turkey and it's the first holiday that we have ever had where she didn't get bitten to death. Not one single bite in 10 days. Lots of people in our hotel had numerous bites so the mosquitoes were definitely about. An excellent product. We wish we had found it 30 years ago. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 27 Dec 2013
This review is from: Lifesystems Expedition Plus (Sports)
I always take this stuff with me to the tropics. It's good value and doesn't melt as much stuff as the 100% deet. Mosquitos don't seem to break through it and it lasts a fair while on the skin.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mozzie's didn't come anywhere near me!, 14 Oct 2013
This review is from: Lifesystems Expedition Plus (Sports)
I spent 3 weeks in Zimbabwe in the hottest time of year and didn't get a single bite because of this repellent which must be the best I've ever used.
Great customer service, quick delivery. Can't ask for more than that!

5.0 out of 5 stars I can't praise this product enough, 6 Aug 2013
This review is from: Lifesystems Expedition Plus (Sports)
Went to Thailand for 3 weeks and was paranoid about the malaria carrying mosquitos but thanks to this product I came back without a single bite.

I put it on every morning and then every night as well after I showered and went out for dinner. A couple of sprays into my hand - rubbed into the exposed skin was enough - and the 100ML bottle lasted the entire 3 weeks.

When my friends didn't use any repellent they were bitten about 30 times in one night (that's not an exaggeration!!) When they used a different brand of repellent from this one they were protected but still got a few bites, making them wish they'd all bought this product.

I then took the second bottle I'd bought to Germany - to the same hotel i'd stayed in the previous year and had been bitten to bits by mozzies - and this time around I wasn't bitten once. Again, everyone else on the trip was attacked, and I know they like my blood going on what had happened the previous year, but this product was invincible!!

Lifesystems Expedition 50+ Repellent - Size 100Ml