5.0 out of 5 stars Will continue to buy!
Published on 25 Mar. 2011 by Ratchetlink

1.0 out of 5 stars Great concept but will never use again
Published on 19 Sept. 2011 by Mcallk

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Will continue to buy!, 25 Mar. 2011
This review is from: PURAX Pure Pads Antiperspirant - Pack of 30 Pads (Personal Care)
This product was worth the money. I was so happy when I found it because I really didnt know there were underarm pads out there. I had been using an antiperspirant deodorant before and wasn't comfortable with all the stories against it, or the creamy white stains left on my black shirts in the morning. This product almost guarenteed no sweat stains on my shirt, and it kept its promise. Thank you! Will continue to buy!

1.0 out of 5 stars Great concept but will never use again, 19 Sept. 2011
I have been using disposable dress shields for years and when I saw these thought I would try them. At first I was amazed as they adhere to your skin brilliantly and keep you bone dry. I wore them for one day and felt really confident and comfortable BUT when I took them off, it was so painful and left my skin red and raw. I read the packaging which said that you should use baby oil when taking them off so I thought it was my mistake. I let my skin heal and tried them again yesterday. I put anti-perspirant on one arm but left the other anti-perspirant free as it recommends that you do. It was a hot day but they stayed put and I was completely dry and comfortable all day. HOWEVER....the arm with no deodorant on started to smell of BO by around 8pm (which I have never experienced before), and as I was in late I left them on rather than faff around with baby oil for half an hour. The BO was absolutely stinking this morning, so immediately I smothered both arms in baby oil and couldn't wait to get them off and get a shower. It was still really painful and I am left with raw red marks all around both underarms. I would have been so happy if these had worked but my recommendations for Purax are

-need to be able to use anti-perspirant with these OR develop a product that really does prevent odour as these don't!
-need an adhesive that is easier to remove and less irritating to sensitive skin on underarms

Great idea but needs a lot of development work unfortunately...

1.0 out of 5 stars PURAX Antisperspirant Pads - Dissappointment!!, 5 Jan. 2014
I recently tried out the Purax pads just to try and compare with the Axilla Shields that i have been using to date - and was quite dissappointed.
My beef with Axilla Shield pads has been the "logistics" associated with pasting the pads onto the shirt. But once you get that right, its performance is superb. The Purax pads on the other hand hardly stick in place on the skin especially if you sweat a lot, which I do. I would often find them unstuck and fallen somewhere inside my shirt after a few hours. I therefore will definitely stick with the Axilla pads.
On the other hand, the Purax roll-on exceeded all my expectations. I am a heavy "sweater" living in the tropics of Africa; but a one night application took me for 9 days before I noticed any sweat on me. Will definitely be using this and throwing in the Axilla shields for maximum protection.

3.0 out of 5 stars ok, 4 Sept. 2013
they work but the glue sticks to your skin and caused pain when removing and you have to check and make sure there is no smell come afternoon

5.0 out of 5 stars A life changing product, 18 Dec. 2014
A phenomenal and life changing product. I cannot recommend it highly enough and wish that I'd found it years ago. It has transformed my confidence. So easy to use - contains any sweat/ perspiration and does not leech out on to clothing, adhesive jsut the right strength to keep it in place, but allow for easy removal and not visible at all under clothing. Highly, highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars A blessing for us hyperhidrosis sufferers, 22 Mar. 2015
Karen Smith (Forfar, Scotland) - See all my reviews
Having suffered with hyperhydrosis/ excessive sweating in my armpits (among other places) since I was a teenager I have tried many products that supposedly prevent excessive sweating, like the aluminum chloride antiperspirants (of various strengths) either with little or no success or suffering with the horrible stinging sensation you tend to get with them when they're applied. I've also tried the sticky pads you stick to your clothing with limited success - they aren't sticky enough and will fall off within a few hours plus they're a faff to apply correctly...

I came across Purax Pads and I liked the idea of them sticking to your armpits and not your clothing. Half way through my first box and by and large they are a success for me. They keep my clothes dry, sweat and odour at bay for 5 hours or so and I can reapply with a new pair of pads if I so wish.

I agree with some of the other reviews that they are indeed very sticky and can be a bit painful to remove (I gently press on my skin and pull the pad away at the same time tends to help ease the pain a bit) and as a result I have knocked one star off my review. In spite of this, for me it's a small price to pay to stay dry and odour-free for the day, as well because other remedies have not worked for me in the past.

Also I find that if you apply antiperspirant/ deodorant before applying the pads, make sure you let it dry first, otherwise the pads will not adhere!

Worth the money if you suffer with hyperhidrosis like myself. You can't put a price on it IMO.

Recommend. Thumbs up from me!

5.0 out of 5 stars Life saver, 2 Dec. 2014
So glad I found this product - it really has been a life saver and lifted a weight of my shoulder giving me added confidence about not worrying about sweat marks. Highly recommended

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 18 Dec. 2014
Great product, works well. Adhesive is strong however and can be difficult as well as a little painful to take off. Apart from that, it's a high quality and excellent product.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good product to try., 27 Dec. 2014
If you are someone like me who does have a sweating problem, I would recommend at least trying this product. To be honest, 1 pad under each arm pit did not work... At all. I thought I'd try two or three under each arm and that's when they really started to work. Although it took three times as many pads as instructed, it kinda does it's job. It's definetly a step up from "sprays or roll one that make you stop sweating", because they don't, nothing will... But these pads come really close to stopping embarrassing sweat patches and excessive under arm sweating.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hit at the workplace, 13 April 2011
Was very hesitant at first. I had thought this product was directed at females, yet when I decided to try it out, it fit me perfectly. The product works great, and have told all of my coworkers. They will be getting their pads soon. In my job we need freedom to move our arms, and with the pads they give me as much freedom as I need.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›